Man has always been interested in why the aging of the body occurs and how to slow down this process. The first studies in this field of medicine began in different countries a long time ago, and Ukraine was no exception. An excellent gerontology institute named after D.F. Chebotarev is located in its capital.
The Institute of Gerontology in Kiev employs about six hundred people, including more than one hundred scientists, thirty-three doctors of sciences, forty-four candidates of sciences and twelve professors. The scientific base of the institution is quite powerful.
A bit of history
The Gerontology Institute in Kiev is located on Kurenevka, which is one of the most picturesque corners of the city. It was founded in May 1958, and it was originally the Institute of Gerontology and Experimental Pathology of the USSR. This institution was located precisely in the capital of Ukraine because this country played and still plays a large role in the development of gerontology. The famous I. And Mechnikov also worked in Ukraine (the Mechnikov clinic is located in the city of Dnepropetrovsk).
In 1938, A. A. Bogomolets, who was the President of the Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, held one of the first world conferences on longevity and aging.
The first director of the institute and its founder was a pupil of Bogomolets - the famous pathophysiologist M. M. Gorev. Since 1961, D.F. Chebotarev, who is a wide-profile clinician, has become the head of the leadership. Further, starting in 1988, the head of the institute was his pupil V.V. Bezrukov, specializing in the physiology of aging and social gerontology.
Institute research areas
The scientific activity of the Institute of Gerontology in Kiev is divided into three main areas:
- Biology of the aging organism. Here, factors that slow down or accelerate aging are studied, and the mechanisms of aging at a fundamental level are investigated.
- Geriatrics and clinical gerontology. Here, the clinical and experimental relationships of age-related pathologies and the aging process are investigated, the main diseases characteristic of the elderly are studied, and methods for the treatment, prevention and diagnosis of diseases are developed and improved.
- Geohygiene and socialherontology. In this direction, the living conditions of the country's population, people's labor activity, and demographic situation are analyzed. This allows you to find out how these factors affect the health and life expectancy of people.
Clinic of the Institute and its activities
The Institute of Gerontology in Kiev, namely the clinic, provides treatment, diagnosis and rehabilitation of elderly people with diseases such as hypertension, coronary heart disease, obstructive pulmonary emphysema and chronic bronchitis, osteoporosis, osteochondrosis, joint diseases, circulatory disorders of the brain, illness Parkinson and others. Here, methods for diagnosing and preventing rapid aging of the body are developed and implemented in the practice of healthcare. Attention is paid to the development of non-drug methods of treatment for people of old and old age.
What kind of specialists are taking in the clinic?
Reviews of the Institute of Gerontology in Kiev indicate that high-level specialists work there. In total, 65 doctors, including 7 candidates of sciences, work in the clinic and clinic. Every year, about three and a half thousand people undergo treatment at the clinic, and about fourteen thousand people are examined at the clinic.
Reception is conducted by such specialists as:
- Therapist, endocrinologist and cardiologist.
- Neurologist, orthopedic traumatologist and otolaryngologist.
- Functional diagnosis doctor.
- Gynecologist and urologist.
Also, if necessary, patients are given an ECG.
Testimonials from patients at the Kiev Institute of Gerontology indicate that doctors can successfully cope even with complex tasks. The staff of the institution are polite and helpful. Among the scientists of the institute there are even laureates of the State Prize (14 scientists).
Surely you someday want to make an appointment at the Kiev Institute of Gerontology. Contacts of this institution, located at: Kiev, st. Vyshgorodskaya, 67, can be found on the official website of the institute.
We are sure that this is where the anti-aging medicine will be invented, and the human lifespan will really increase. We wish you and your family good health and long life!