The collection of scrap metal is both economical and useful. The recycling of “used cans” plays two leading roles: it launches unnecessary trash, saves state funds for the manufacture of new ones. It’s cheaper to melt old scrap than to make new metal structures.
What is scrap?
In many localities, scrap collection is arranged. Residents of the city or village for a fee rent it at the point of reception. Any ferrous metal belongs to the scrap. It is divided into several categories and types.
The following elements are classified as scrap:
- Iron scrap, waste material unsuitable for the next operation.
- Cast iron scrap includes used items obtained by casting, shavings.
- Corrosion-proof scrap is objects whose composition is obtained by processing metal structures.
- Titanium, magnesium scrap consists of ship and aircraft parts.
What is “scrap”, and what kind of waste belongs to one or another category - the master knows at the collection point and sets a different price for the collection of one or another scrap metal.
Processing and shipping
Many residents of the city are rushing to collect and deliver scrap. Unnecessary trash, consisting of cast iron or iron parts, will bring a small income and can be melted down to the necessary thing.
When buying scrap, the resulting material is divided into two groups:
- Scrap ready for re-melting and processing.
- Trash requiring appropriate preparation for recycling. Typically, it includes the car body, washing machine and other items of equipment or vehicles.
Collected scrap metal is sent to various industries, where it is in great demand:
- metal processing;
- electrical engineering;
By all means find a kilo of metal!
Scrap metal collection points must comply with the relevant requirements.
- Availability of an activity license. The state is obliged to control the points of reception of metal raw materials.
- Special equipment and instruments. Wastes of military equipment can be delivered to the metal collection point. Raw materials must be thoroughly tested for explosive particles.
- A clearly defined work schedule and the solid cost of various waste.
Reception of ferrous and non-ferrous metal is very common and beneficial both for the state and for the inhabitants of the country. Recycling waste waste, used items and rubbish is of great benefit to both the environment and the economy.