Probably, every car owner tries to maintain his vehicle in perfect condition and monitors it using special cosmetics for this. Of course, beauty requires sacrifice, but washing a car every week is not only unprofitable, but also harmful to the body. The situation with the windshield and side mirrors is completely different: in fact, the safety of passengers and the driver depends on their cleanliness and visibility.
Severe pollution can adversely affect driving and cause accidents, especially if an obstacle is not noticed in time. In addition, the side lights and headlights of the vehicle must be kept clean.
To date, manufacturers of cosmetics for cars create a variety of unique and universal tools that help maintain the perfect condition of the vehicle. One of them is anti-rain for car glass.
What is this remedy?
Anti-rain is a special composition that is used to clean and protect the glass surfaces of a car. It can be applied not only to the windshield, but also to the side, mirrors or lighting devices. A unique anti-rain tool for car windows protects the most fragile parts of the car from damage, rain, dust and dirt. For this reason, the composition is very popular among motorists.
To date, in specialized stores you can find various forms of release of this tool:
- Spray Bottles. They are sold in containers from 100 to 250 ml. A convenient form of use - just press the handle and spray the right amount of liquid on the glass surface and then wipe with a napkin.
- Special disposable towels are sold in automobile stores. The advantage of such packages is their small size and compactness. They can be stored in the glove compartment, and if necessary, wipe the glass.
- Capsules Inside such containers is a liquid that is sufficient for the complete treatment of all surfaces of the car. The compact size also allows you to store them in the car.
The principle of the tool
The composition of the anti-rain includes a special substance that creates a film on the glass surface that does not allow moisture drops to linger. In fact, precipitation simply drains away without leaving any traces. After any rain, it is pleasant for every driver to contemplate clean glass without stains and dirt stains, not to mention improved visibility.
The anti-rain car glass protector protects glass surfaces not only from moisture and precipitation, but also from dirt. The train helps those drivers who travel by car in the dark: during the rain, you don’t have to stop on the track and wipe drops from the windshield to improve visibility. Thus, you can not only save time, but also reduce the likelihood of accidents to a minimum and avoid colds.
Anti-rain for car glass creates a coating on the surface, which allows you to maintain their perfect condition. This is especially noticeable when driving at high speed: water droplets scatter without the use of wipers.
Before choosing an anti-rain, it is necessary to familiarize yourself with the whole range of similar products offered in automobile stores. To choose such a composition is quite difficult, so it is advisable to study the forums or try to find the right option by trial and error.
Benefits of Window Protection
Over the past few years, car owners have been actively buying anti-rain for car glass. Reviews about this composition are positive, many of them emphasize its advantages, which include:
- Improved driver visibility. According to studies, processing glasses with this tool allows you to increase visibility by at least 20%, which allows you to not be distracted while riding.
- Easy removal of insects from the surface. Those who often visit the city during the warmer months are well aware of what the front of the car is turning into because of the many flying and winged ones. Insect bodies are very difficult to erase from the surface, even after several visits to the sink. Anti-rain for car glass applied to the body will help to avoid such troubles.
- Long-term surface protection against stains and stains. The use of the composition allows less frequent cleaning of glass from dust and dirt, while increasing the efficiency of the wipers.
- Prevention of icing of the body and surface of lighting devices, which is especially important at low temperatures and in the cold season.
Do-it-yourself anti-rain for car glass
Despite the fact that specialized salons offer a wide range of cosmetics for cars, you can prepare such a body protection product yourself. To do this, it is enough to stock up on several substances:
- White spirit - a solvent that can be purchased at any hardware store.
- Candle wax. Sold in pharmacies and hardware stores.
The anti-rain for car glass is made very easily. One part of paraffin and 20 parts of white spirit are mixed in the tank. The mixture must be thoroughly mixed until completely dissolved, after which it can be applied to glass surfaces with a soft cloth or cloth.
You can find other recipes for the preparation of such a tool in various automotive forums, however the above is the most popular. However, anti-rain for car glass can be bought in Moscow in almost any salon or store specializing in the sale of cosmetics and spare parts for cars.
What surfaces can be treated
Anti-rain can be applied to almost all surfaces of the car - lighting, glass and even the body. Despite the wide range of applications, the greatest effect of the composition is noticeable on the headlights and windshield, a little less - on the side. Covering the composition of the rear-view mirrors is impractical: because of the aerodynamic shadow, water practically does not enter them. Similarly with the rear window: moisture, of course, will drain from it, but the effect will be practically not noticeable due to the lack of the necessary air flow.
Anti-rain for car body
Many service centers today offer similar services for treating the car body with special tools to get rid of dust, dirt and water stains.
Validity of the composition
As a rule, manufacturers indicate how long the anti-rain for the car glass works. Russia, for example, produces compounds whose validity period can be several months. Of course, such funds have one big but: too high a price - about 1000-1500 rubles.
The most expensive options are valid for 3-6 months or several tens of thousands of kilometers. Their cost is too high, but their quality is appropriate. When choosing anti-rain, it is best to either rely on the feedback of other drivers, or try different compositions in search of "the same one."
How to remove anti-rain from the surface
In most cases, a thin polymer film on the glass erases with time, and you do not have to resort to the process of its removal. However, one can often encounter a situation where the anti-rain for car glass turns on the surface into strange streaks, stains and flakes. The reason for this is the incorrect application of the composition, so it must be removed. Traces are eliminated quite simply: with a damp towel with a little effort. If it does not help, then you can soak the film, leave the car in the sun and try again. Alternatively, you can mix the solvent and ordinary medical alcohol and gently wipe the body with the resulting mixture.
Anti-rain for the glass of the car "Aquapel"
One of the most popular hydrophobic products intended for surface treatment is Aquapel. It is made in the USA and is widely used by various concerns with world names - Audi, BMW, Volkswagen. Its validity after application is about six months, while the tool is resistant to solvents. A distinctive feature is the creation of anti-reflective coating on the glass, which allows to improve visibility during riding.
The hydrophobic composition is easily applied to the surface, and the whole process takes no more than 15-20 minutes, including preparation. It perfectly protects from rainfall, icing, freezing of wipers, and facilitates the cleaning of glass from insect debris.
It is made only in the USA, but is known under other names in Germany and Japan.