Auto-refreshing pages is not a feature that is often used on the Internet. Most will never begin to wonder why to configure it. However, a number of users are faced with the need to frequently update the page, and they would not mind automating this process. For example, when they communicate on some forum and messages are published very quickly, as in real communication. Also, someone may need this at work.
Whatever the reason, the essence remains the same: the user does not want to manually click on the page refresh icon or on the F5 key. How to set up automatic updates in popular browsers?
Auto refresh page. "Opera"
Setting up automatic page refresh in Opera is easier than with any other browser. The fact is that here this function is built-in automatically. Users do not have to learn and install extensions, or engage in such additional tricks.
- Go to the desired page.
- Click (on the right button) anywhere.
- A context menu will appear in which you will immediately see the desired item: "Update every ...".
- Set the time interval through which the page will be updated by itself. You can choose from 5 seconds to 30 minutes.
- The process will start, and will continue until you stop it yourself.
Auto page refresh in Google Chrome
Auto-refreshing Chrome browser pages is also fairly easy to set up. But unlike the Opera, here you have to resort to additional tricks. The fact is that in Google Chrome there are no built-in tools for the automatic update function. But there is an extensive assortment of various extensions.
What we need is called Auto Refresh. In addition to this program, there are analogues. But it is Auto Refresh that is especially popular.
- Find the extension in the Market and install.
- On the right, where you have the icon for saving pages to favorites, a new icon will appear.
- Click on it and a menu will open in front of you. In it, you can choose the time period between auto-updates of the page.
- After clicking on the Start button, the auto-update process starts. It will be active even if you switch to other tabs. The process will stop only after pressing the Stop button in the same menu.
Auto refresh page in Yandex.Browser
Auto page refresh in Yandex (Yandex Browser ) is as easy to set up as in Google Chrome. The fact is that both of these resources are almost the same. At least in its interface. This also applies to automatic page refresh settings - you need to find and install the appropriate extension.
After you go through the installation process, in the same upper right corner, look for a new icon. Using the program is as simple as possible: click on the icon, set the time between updates and start the process with the Start button. You can safely use other pages, while the necessary will be updated by itself.
To interrupt the process, just click on the same icon. In addition to the inscription Start, there will be a Stop button. Click it, and auto-update will stop immediately.
Finally, a little secret: if you enable the use of cache in the settings before starting auto-refresh pages, the process will be much faster. Indeed, in this case, the browser will have to “download” only that part of the page that has changed since the last display. But everything else will be loaded from memory.