The ability to sculpt from clay is very important. After all, you can create a real work of art from this ordinary material: a miniature figurine or even a composition. This masterpiece will be a pleasure to receive as a gift. Yes, and a fashioned cool mouse or a couple of funny cats on a shelf will extremely decorate the room. Therefore, it is so important to know how to sculpt animals from plasticine for all people: both adults and children.
Sculptures as a gift to relatives
Of course, plasticine has its own drawback: fashioned compositions, unfortunately, are short-lived, they can easily change their appearance. Therefore, having learned how to sculpt animals from plasticine and created an excellent composition or figurine, you can cast the most beautiful figures from more durable material, for example, from gypsum, clay, salt dough or polymer clay. In this case, the figure is poured with silicone sealant, allowed to dry, cut in half to remove plasticine and get a silicone mold for casting. Then plaster is poured into the mold, filled with salt dough or clay and allowed to dry. After removing the little thing from the mold, it is processed (burned, dried or boiled) and painted.
Professional sculpture and teaching sculpting children
When asked about how to sculpt animals from plasticine, professional sculptors answer that the entire figure must be made from one piece. You should not separately sculpt the head, legs, ponytails, and then attach them to the body.
However, it will be difficult for a beginner to do this. Most people are inclined to believe that it is much easier to create a figure in detail than to fashion it professionally from one piece. This method is especially convenient if we sculpt animals from plasticine with children.
Figures of stylized animals.
Since sculpting animals from plasticine can be stylized, you should consider this method in more detail. In this technique, the main emphasis is on sculpting the head, and the body of all the figures is molded the same, in a separately selected form. For example, the master decides to stylize the body of the animal under an inverted cup.
Then the head of the animal is represented by a ball, to which ears, horns, eyes and noses are attached: heels, muzzles.
Animal Based Modeling
An interesting way to use in modeling animals from plasticine or other material (salt dough, plastic clay) is a base selected from improvised material. As it can serve as an egg shell, a plastic or cardboard cup, an empty plastic bottle. In this case, the base is coated with a mass for sculpting, and then details are stuck on top: legs and feet, ears and eyes, horns and ponytails.
For example, you can make a funny pig, a frog or a rabbit out of an egg, and a sheep, a foal, a calf or a pig from cups. The pig looks creative and is made on a bottle basis.
If we are only learning to sculpt animals from plasticine, then we can use the following algorithm for creating pigs from plasticine and a plastic bottle.
- A thin plasticine layer is rolled, which completely covers the bottle. It is important to make the coating even, carefully wipe the seams.
- Legs are made from sausages and attached under the body.
- To the place where the bottle cap is hidden, attach a muzzle or a patch.
- Above the muzzle a little higher and a little further placed ears.
- A tail is made from a thin sausage and attached to it from the end of the figure opposite from the muzzle.
- Eyes are made of light clay with small balls, put on the right place and pressed with your finger, flattening.
- In the middle of the eyes flatten out a very tiny black or blue ball - the pupil.
Step-by-step instructions for sculpting a worm or a snake
If we do not yet have the necessary skills and sculpt animals from plasticine in stages, learning this art, then we should start with a snake or a worm.
- Having cut off a piece of mass with a plastic knife, you need to roll out the sausage from it.
- Then you should give it the shape of an elongated cone. To do this, one end is rolled thinner and thinner to such an extent that it becomes sharp.
- The second end is rounded - it will be a muzzle.
- On the face are attached round eyes made of plasticine of a different color, with pupils. A sausage imitating a smile is attached below. You can add a forked tongue to the snake.
- The body of a snake or a worm is laid in a smooth bend, and strips and a pattern are applied with a stack.
Step-by-step instructions for sculpting a crocodile
- Modeling should begin in the same way as in the case of a worm - with a sausage cone.
- The muzzle of a crocodile is formed not round, but elongated, like a tail, and then it must be flattened.
- Eyes are made from balls for all animals.
- Short legs are fashioned with sausages, bend them and attach to the body on the sides. The crocodile should lie on its stomach, not resting on its paws.
Step-by-step instructions for sculpting a giraffe
- The sausage for the body is molded along with the neck. It should be slightly narrowed from the side of the head. The thick edge is rounded and slightly bent.
- Four sausages-legs are attached to the bottom of the thick edge.
- A pear-shaped head is attached from above to a thin end. Eyes are made in the usual way.
- Important distinguishing elements of the giraffe are small horns on the head, ears.
- A thin ponytail is attached to the back of the body. Dark spots need to be made throughout the body.