Fresh bedding contributes to the full comfort and relaxation at night. Even daily hygiene procedures at bedtime are not a 100% guarantee of a clean sleeping place. Therefore, a bedding set needs to be washed regularly, since there is now such a wonderful helper as a washing machine.
It would seem that it’s complicated - I loaded the drum, pressed the button and after a while you can admire the finished result. However, even here there are subtleties - the material may lose its bright color, deteriorate or even tear. How to avoid this, as well as on what mode to wash bedding, we will consider in this article.
Directly washing itself does not begin by loading the laundry into the drum - it must first be sorted. At the same time, you should pay attention to the degree of pollution - for more dirty laundry, a thorough washing is required, while sparing modes can be used for everything else. Pillowcases and duvet covers before the procedure must be turned inside out to wash the dust particles in the corners.
As a rule, several sets of bed linen (adult, baby) are sent to the laundry at once. But before sending them to the drum of the washing machine, it is necessary to take into account a number of important points:
- Before washing, take into account all the requirements of bedding manufacturers. On each package and product labels there is information regarding the composition of the material, the method of ironing and temperature conditions.
- If there is a zipper on the product, be sure to fasten it to prevent damage to the fabric.
- In what mode to wash bedding in bright colors? Colored items are always washed separately from any other clothing, including a white shade. Otherwise, as a result, you can get a faded, tarnished thing, and it is unlikely that anyone will be happy.
- The newborn’s bedding set must also be washed separately from any items. This is done in order to avoid irritation on the skin of the baby.
- Do not exceed the permissible drum limits of a modern washing machine, otherwise prudent automation will simply not start the process.
- Bleaching agents should be used in a minimal amount, since they destroy the fibers of the fabric and adversely affect the color. Therefore, this is an additional argument for studying the manufacturer's recommendations.
- Underwear, different in type of fabric and composition, is also washed separately from each other. And for him, you should use a certain washing mode and temperature.
- It is even advisable to use liquid gels, as they are able to completely wash off things.
- In some cases, aggressive chemicals are used when washing things, so rinse them at least 2 times.
- It is better to leave free space in the drum.
Compliance with these simple rules will help you decide which mode to choose for washing bedding.
In addition, you can keep things safe and sound, and for a long time.
Type of fabric
How to wash according to the type of fabric? Each product requires a special approach:
- For cotton and linen, the recommended temperature is 60 ° C for any spin, even the maximum. If the white fabric is washed, the temperature can be increased to 90 ° C for the purpose of disinfection or bleaching. As for the bedding set in bright colors, it is better to wash at 40 ° C to avoid color fading.
- For synthetics, wash powder without bleach at 40-60 ° C. Raising the temperature is not recommended! It should be pressed at 600 rpm. Take care of this material, in which case the kit will be able to withstand a large number of washings - from 200 to 300.
- Many people wonder how to wash silk products, since they are very expensive. In modern technology there is a special mode for washing bedding in a washing machine for such fabrics. In addition, it is recommended to use special detergents designed for this material. The washing temperature is no more than 30 ° C with a minimum spin, but you can completely do without it.
- Products made of bamboo are washed without the use of bleach and special chemical compounds. Mode - delicate at 30 ° C with low spin.
- Synthetic bedding should be washed at a temperature of 30-40 ° C, use a special mode for such a fabric. If there is none, then put the machine in delicate washing mode. In some cases, synthetic products require intensive rinsing (at least 2 times).
- Bed linen made of calico is not pre-soaked in any case, otherwise there will be a change in color. Recommended temperature range is 40 ° C.
- Poplin is a durable, unpretentious and, one might say, non-creasing fabric. It is erased in the "Cotton" mode, and it is worth squeezing the product at 600 rpm.
- Jacquard belongs to the elite variety of material. In which mode is it better to wash bedding from this material? Accordingly, this procedure should also be approached with all responsibility - the temperature should not exceed 40 ° C.
- A bedding set made of percale is considered one of the best, which at the same time does not need special care. In this case, the first wash should take place at 20 ° C, and all subsequent washing at 60 ° C.
- Another delicate material is viscose. Besides the fact that it is necessary to wash it in a temperature range of not more than 20-40 ° C, they still cannot be wrung out.
These rules are general, and therefore it is much more important to follow all the recommendations of manufacturers. Labels should be retained after purchasing a new set of laundry - the optimum temperature level is usually indicated there, including spin and drying modes.
In addition, on many modern models of washing machines, the type of fabrics is already indicated on the instrument panel, and also at what temperature it is better to wash them.
Car Wash Modes
It is worth remembering simple and useful recommendations - bed linen made of linen, calico, percale, ranfors, poplin and satin can be washed in any mode. Other materials require a different approach. For colored chintz, bamboo, cambric, polyester and cotton, only the special mode, Delicate Wash, is suitable.
Everything is clear with silk products - many modern washing machines have the Silk mode of the same name. It is worth noting that some products from this fabric can only be washed off using special chemical compounds. For this reason, it is good to study the label of the laundry before the wash begins.
Does the new bedding set need to be washed?
The answer to this question is extremely positive. This is due to the fact that the fabric is treated with special compounds that allow you to maintain shape. In addition, a large amount of industrial pollution (dust, dirt) can accumulate on it. You can also stain your clothes during sewing and packaging. Therefore, many people are interested not only in the optimal mode of washing bedding - most housewives want to know whether such a procedure is generally necessary in relation to new things.
There should be no doubt, and the answer is unequivocal - after purchasing a new set of bedding, washing is strictly required! In this case, for the first time, you should choose the highest temperature that meets the manufacturer's recommendations. Such a first disinfection will remove excess paint on the fabric in case of poor-quality dyeing process.
At the same time, you should not be afraid that bedding has become a little smaller in size than initially - this is normal.
Frequency of washing
There is no need to change bed sheets every time after sleep. Many people even have the habit of washing it once a week. For such a fairly short period of time, it already manages to lose its freshness, but has not yet been salted. In this connection, to remove it will not be difficult.
A more frequent procedure will only negatively affect the state of bedding. In Europe, washing clothes in a washing machine is done even less often - every 14 days. But at the same time, in those countries, the mistresses aired him.
In winter, we sweat less, and before you go to bed, many wear warm pajamas or a chemise. Therefore, you should not worry about the cleanliness of bed linen, you can change the kit once every two weeks. This is especially true in cases where the mattress is regularly ventilated and made of "breathing" material.
But if there is no desire to change the bedding set completely, you can limit yourself to changing pillowcases. They are polluted most often and first of all.
In order to provide your children with a high-quality healthy and full sleep, proper and gentle care for a children's bedding set is necessary. Previously, many housewives preferred boiling, which at that time was the only right decision.
Now there are washing machines that are able to work in automatic mode. In addition, a lot of special care products have been sold, due to which the process itself already looks different. To understand what mode to wash bedding for children, you should adhere to a number of simple rules:
- Children's items, including bedding, must be washed separately from adult clothing. It is better to have a separate basket.
- So that the material does not absorb a lot of dirt, things should be washed immediately.
- Use only those powders and gels that have a hypoallergenic composition.
- Before getting rid of stains of juice, baby food, any other food, linen must be pre-washed.
- Carefully rinse the laundry after each wash.
- It is better not to dry baby bedding on the street - this way you can avoid getting dirt.
- You can iron clothes until the child is three years old.
As for bedding for newborns, it is recommended to wash them at a temperature in the range from 90 to 95 ° C. Or you can use a special mode of technology designed for children's things.
What is the best way to wash bedding for older children? Here it is already exhibited depending on the type of fabric. As a rule, children's sets are made of cotton. At the end of the main washing process, rinse the laundry thoroughly to completely wash the remnants of the used products.
As for the formulations for washing children's clothes themselves, they should be practically odorless. It is advisable that the inscription 0+ is on their label. The composition should be neither chlorine, nor perfumes, nor any phosphates.
How to remove yellowness?
Many of us noticed how, after a certain period of time, snow-white bedding begins to lose its original appearance. They turn gray or unpleasant yellow spots appear on the fabric. The reason for this phenomenon lies in the powders used. Usually there are elements that react with hardness salts in the composition of water, thereby coloring the material. In addition, yellowness may appear in the case of long non-use of bed linen or when stored next to stale things.
In this regard, every housewife is interested not only in how to wash bedding in the washing machine, but also in the ways of removing yellow spots. And there are a great many of them. At the same time, not every fabric is allowed to bleach. Linen from delicate material is recommended to be dry cleaned.
Today, in almost any hardware or specialty store you can find a wide range of whitening products, which has its own characteristics. There are several varieties:
- Optical brighteners.
- Oxygen bleaching compounds.
- Chlorine based products.
Optical brighteners are part of washing powders and only create a visual whiteness effect. In fact, bleaching as such does not occur, since these elements are not able to remove dirt and stains.
Oxygen bleaching compounds are safe to use, as they do not contain chlorine. Such products work effectively even in cold water and can be used for delicate fabrics. Their only drawback is the high price.
Chlorine-based products, on the other hand, are cheap, have excellent disinfectant properties and effectively bleach things. However, they can only be used when washing clothes by hand. At the same time, such an equally effective tool is not without drawbacks. First of all, with its help it is possible to spoil the tissue, the product is unsafe for the respiratory tract and often can cause an allergic reaction. It is necessary to work with such bleach in a mask, gloves, and it is also necessary to ventilate the room.
At the same time, it is possible to solve the problem of how to wash bedding in a washing machine and remove unwanted stains using other methods. And in addition to household chemicals, which are sold in many stores, some housewives prefer folk remedies that have passed a worthy test of time. Consider the most common of them.
Cotton, linen, and other items of clothing are allowed to be washed at very high temperatures. In this regard, products made of such material can be boiled.
Actually the procedure itself is as follows:
- A white cloth is placed at the bottom of the enameled dishes.
- After this, a solution of soap or powder should be made. The stain itself is better to pre-soap.
- The bedding set is well straightened out, placed in a pan and poured with a prepared soapy solution.
- If there is severe contamination, add a tablespoon of ammonia.
- Boil the laundry should be at least 60 minutes, periodically stirring with a wooden stick.
In addition to the fact that this procedure promotes effective whitening, you can also get rid of the unpleasant odor, if, of course, the laundry was kept wet.
Ultimately, the question of how to remove bedding in a washing machine, in our time, is no longer a big problem than several decades ago. But then, such a technique did not exist.
Every mistress has known about this tool since the era of the USSR. And since chlorine is contained in its composition, whiteness can be used only for hand washing, and products can only be washed from cotton.
To prepare the solution, you need to take 1 tablespoon of the product in 3 liters of water. After that, put things in the dishes with this solution for 30 minutes. Then rinse them thoroughly.
Only lazy does not know about the beneficial properties of baking soda - it has a wide scope of application. This is a good tool that allows you to get rid of various stains on the dishes. It is successfully and effectively used for medical purposes. And to everything else, soda shows itself well as a bleach.
A similar solution is made of the following composition - 10 tbsp. Is taken per 10 liters of water. l soda and 5 tbsp. l ammonia, after which everything mixes well. For this purpose, a bucket of appropriate capacity is well suited, where to put linen for 2-3 hours. After this soaking procedure, the process of washing the sheets in the washing machine follows.
Another medicine that is familiar to most people is hydrogen peroxide. Meanwhile, with its help, stains can be removed with a high degree of effectiveness, including yellowness from many types of tissues.
The bleaching solution is prepared as follows:
- peroxide - 30 ml;
- ammonia - 30 ml;
- water - 5 liters.
Only before using it, the laundry should be washed first.
After that, it is placed in the prepared solution for 30 minutes. .
- . , 1 2 , . , .
- – ? . . .
- , .
- When washing bedding, it is better not to put handkerchiefs, socks and other similar things in the drum. Small items of clothing are easiest to wash separately and manually, while the “underwear” rotates.
In addition, it is important not only which bedding mode to choose, the technique itself also needs care. It is necessary to monitor its cleanliness and to prevent the accumulation of dirt in rubber seals.