Many people are disturbed by unpleasant tinnitus. This can occur several times in life or periodically. A frequent occurrence is a constant squeak in the ears. With it, sleep disturbance and general fatigue of a person are observed. This is accompanied by headaches and discomfort. In this case, you need to see a doctor to identify the causes and prescription of treatment.
Stages of the disease
Squeak in the ears is divided into 4 degrees:
- At the first there are no complications, the discomfort disappears on its own. Squeak can not affect the well-being and activities of people.
- At 2 degrees, sleep disturbance occurs, a squeak can be heard in silence.
- At stage 3, discomfort adversely affects a person’s life. It can be throughout the day and partly at night.
- The last stage is the most difficult. Squeaking can be during the day, which leads to a significant disruption of human activity and a negative impact on his condition.
Why does this occur
What are the causes of constant squeaking in the ears? Often this occurs in such cases:
- Sleep disturbance and lack of sleep.
- Contamination of the ear canal with plugs.
- Overload, stress of the nervous system, stress.
- Regular listening to music at high volume.
- Sudden pressure drops, leading to hypertension and hypotension.
- Digestive disorders.
- Vitamin B3 and E. Deficiency
- Overdose of medications or side effects due to intolerance to the drug.
The causes and treatment of constant squeaking in the ears are interconnected. If a similar symptom is observed, it is advisable to go to a specialist. It should be borne in mind that it is much easier to get rid of a problem when it appears than to treat a running form of the disease.
The cause of constant squeaking in the ears may be perceptual hearing loss. Such a pathology appears when:
- Inflammation in the ears.
- Contamination with toxic components.
- Circulatory disorders.
- Curvature of the spine.
Usually annoying squeak is observed in silence. He is piercing and extremely unpleasant. Squeak begins abruptly, has periodicity. In all these cases, it is required to be observed by a doctor.
Often a constant squeak in the ears appears when blood pressure drops. If such a symptom appears, you should immediately measure the pressure. With its regular increase, it is necessary to treat the heart and blood vessels. Tinnitus and pain in the heart, as well as black dots in front of the eyes confirm the presence of a disease of the cardiovascular system. If such signs occur, you must call an ambulance.
Hearing impairment and squeaking in the ears may be due to accumulation of sulfur due to improper cleaning. It should be borne in mind that in this situation it is preferable not to use cotton buds, since the cork will be pushed deeper, which will only aggravate the situation.
For prevention, 2 drops of hydrogen peroxide are instilled into each ear canal. The procedure is required to be performed several times during a certain day. This will remove sulfur lumps. Special drops are also used, for example, Remo-Vax. They need to be instilled 2-3 times a month. With their help, the auditory canal is moistened and sulfur removed from it. The “A-cerumen” solution is also effective.
A decrease in hearing acuity is observed when diving into the water and after a shower. Sulfur cork swells after contact with water, hearing is reduced, a squeak or noise appears. Obsolete accumulations of sulfur must be softened before removal. To do this, use hydrogen peroxide (3%) and warm sunflower oil. When cleaning, audibility worsens, but then restores. For these purposes, hot water heaters are used.
Home treatment with folk remedies is not always effective. In addition, it can be harmful, especially if the squeak appears due to inflammation. It is advisable to visit an otolaryngologist who professionally removes sulfur plug and prescribes effective treatment.
The causes of constant squeaking in the ears are determined after the doctor examines the ear canal. It is also required to measure pressure, listen to heart rhythms, take tests, perform a hardware examination of the heart and blood vessels.
In rare cases, magnetic resonance imaging may be prescribed. Depending on the cause of the ailment, you may need to visit not only an otolaryngologist, but also a cardiologist or other doctor.
System studies include:
- Otoscopy It determines clogging of the auditory canal with sulfur plugs or another foreign object, different types of otitis media, myringitis, exostasis, and furuncles are searched inside the ear walls.
- Tonal audiometry. Diagnosing the functioning of the brain to determine the sound frequencies from high to low.
Thanks to timely diagnostics, it will be possible to eliminate the problem at the beginning of its appearance. Do not delay with determining the reasons in order to protect yourself from negative consequences.
If there is a constant squeak in the ears, how to get rid of it? Using medical methods, it will be possible to significantly alleviate the human condition. Treatment for a constant squeak in the ears is performed after the cause is established.
If the problem is associated with disorders of the cardiovascular system, a specialist prescribes physiotherapy and a vessel-cleaning diet. We also need drugs that strengthen the walls of blood vessels and free them from cholesterol plaques.
With osteochondrosis, reflexology, therapeutic and relaxing massage are required. The latter procedure is effective for stress and lack of sleep, which are often the cause of overstrain and squeaking in the ears.
Physiotherapy is often used, which involves:
- Laser treatment.
- Wormwood cauterization.
With tumors in the auricle, surgical methods are likely to be used. This is determined by the complexity and neglect of the disease. Treatment of a constant squeak in the ears and head should be performed based on the doctor's recommendations. It is very important to observe the dosage of the prescribed drugs.
If tormented by a constant squeak in the ears, what should I do? Help can be received at home:
- If squeaking in the ear occurs, then you need to take the Ibuprofen pain medication or use Otinum drops.
- When the reason is related to changes in pressure, it is advisable to take a semi-recumbent position, relax, and perform a measurement with an AD device.
- At elevated pressure, appropriate medications are taken, which are prescribed by the attending physician. There are a lot of such drugs. Each one has an effect on the body, so you cannot take them at your own discretion.
With a constant squeak in the right ear or in the left, the traditional medicine will improve the condition:
- A swab soaked in slightly warmed camphor oil, perfectly eliminates ear inflammation (need to be put overnight).
- Soothing teas with lemon balm and mint allow you to get rid of stress and the effects of overloads (they must be consumed before bedtime).
- Onion drops also relieve the discomfort associated with a squeak in the ears. In a peeled and washed onion, you should make a hole, fill it with caraway seeds and bake. The resulting product should be cooled, squeezed through a clean gauze. Such a tool can be instilled in 5 drops in each ear at night and after waking up.
All folk methods are considered temporary means. To eliminate the cause, you need professional help.
Why is there a squeak in the child’s ear? If this phenomenon is constant, then it is necessary to perform a hearing examination. A common cause of ear damage is infection. But infectious ailments do not always lead to perceptual hearing loss. The squeak can be at:
- Influenza and SARS.
- Allergic rhinitis.
- Acute purulent otitis media.
Young children cannot clearly tell parents about their feelings. You must be able to assess the well-being of the child. If there are symptoms of a respiratory infection or allergic rhinitis, nasal congestion can lead to a squeak. An unpleasant sound disappears after the restoration of nasal breathing. Severe cases of infectious ailments require special attention.
A set of preventive measures is created on the basis of what ailments a person suffers. If there is a risk of catching a cold, you need to dress warmly, not to be in the drafts, not to go out without a hat, if the weather conditions are unfavorable. You can not use sharp objects to clean the ears, as you can violate the integrity of the tissue inside the ear canal, as well as the structure of the eardrum.
Be sure to regularly wash your ears, but do not allow water to get into them. If this happens, you need to tilt your head, make light compressive movements in the ear. When water flows out, you need to wipe your ears gently.
In order not to squeak in your ears, you need to control your pressure, not listen to very loud music, organize your daily routine so that there is enough time for work, for entertainment, and for a good night's rest. In addition, it is very important to avoid stress, not to allow yourself to get annoyed, to worry a lot. If such a situation occurs, it is necessary to take a sedative (for example, drops of valerian) or antidepressants, which should be prescribed by a doctor.
A constant squeak in the ears can be a symptom of a serious ailment. If you have such an unpleasant symptom, you should definitely consult a doctor.