Sports horizontal bar is a sports equipment or simulator in the form of a round metal bar. It was created to maintain various muscle groups in tone, to relax and stretch the spine, for rehabilitation.
The dimensions of the horizontal bar depend largely on the preferences of the person and his physiological characteristics.
Horizontal bars are different in appearance and functionality. They can be placed at home, and in the country, and on the street. The horizontal bar is that exercise machine which can be made independently.
Types of shells
Depending on the location and location, the types of horizontal bars differ. Horizontal bars can be outdoor and for domestic use indoors.
Street horizontal bars, in turn, are also divided into such subspecies:
- double - triple;
- for the press;
- Swedish wall
- sports street complex.
The second group, i.e. exercise machines for home use are divided into:
- Wall horizontal bars.
- Swedish walls (usually often used for training children and adolescents, as well as during rehabilitation).
- Floor horizontal bars.
Requirements for horizontal bars
If a person decided to make a sports horizontal bar for himself, then before designing and installing it, you need to clearly understand what requirements such a projectile must meet.
Firstly, the seams made by welding should be of high quality, reliable, accurate, without flaws.
Secondly, all the supporting elements of the horizontal bar must be made of metal. The tree in this case is not applied for a number of reasons.
Thirdly, the choice of pipe is one of the most basic rules. It is better if the pipe is round, because, unlike the square, it bends smoothly. The second option is impractical, since under loads it can bend sharply, and injuries in this case will not be avoided. Sometimes it is still possible to use a square pipe, but provided that the tensile strength is not exceeded. By the way, in the era of Brezhnev, the USSR made high-quality metal curtains, you can use them. By strength, they are one of the first.
Fourth, during training on the projectile, a special load falls on its corners. Therefore, special attention should be paid to these places.
Fifth, if it is decided to place a shell at home, then the walls under it should be solid, strong, strong, ready to withstand heavy loads.
Sizes of horizontal bars
Based on the practice of application, there are certain requirements for the size of horizontal bars, namely:
- the bars should be about 55 cm wide;
- crossbars - 110 cm wide;
- handles in diameter should be 35 mm with overlays and 27 mm without them;
- the load on the simulator is not more than 250 kg.
When making the horizontal bar yourself, you can choose the sizes "for yourself", making them appropriate for your height and weight.
Wall horizontal bar
The 3 in 1 wall horizontal bar, which includes the horizontal bar, bars and press, is a fairly popular, multi-functional and ergonomic shell. On such a horizontal bar, you can perform exercises for various muscle groups of the arms, legs, abdomen, chest, press. Also, the wall-mounted horizontal bar 3 in 1 is perfect for rehabilitation after injuries or diseases of the musculoskeletal system. And, of course, it helps in relaxing the spine, which, in turn, perfectly affects the general state of health and well-being of a person.
Such a projectile is located on any solid, preferably capital wall, fixed with anchor bolts (can be studs). You can arrange the wall horizontal bar in any, even small, room and at any height, taking into account the growth of the athlete.
It is a staircase, most often metal, solid and strong. As a raw material, wood is also allowed, but of larch or oak species. On it you can hang a small wall horizontal bar, as well as rings and a trapezoid. Such a shell is intended, as a rule, for children, since it is calculated on a weight of about 100-150 kg.
It must be remembered that the user's weight is increased by 2.5-3 times, this should always be considered. In this case, you need to multiply your weight by this coefficient.
Floor horizontal bars
This is a fairly complex shell. It is intended mainly for athletes. It includes: hinged crossbars for pulling up, swinging legs and flips, bars and shells for push-ups, for the press, etc. It is better to make this design detachable so that one part hangs and the other stands on the floor so that the floor does not fail. In addition, it must be borne in mind that it takes up a lot of space.
The horizontal bar street is subdivided into several subspecies (they were already described above). It:
- ordinary horizontal bars;
- double-triple horizontal bars;
- for the press;
- Swedish walls
- sport complexes.
The first subspecies is the simplest design, which is one round crossbar fixed on the sides. It can be a welded construction, or just a well-fixed pipe.
The second subspecies is a variation of the first, but the crossbars are located at different levels.
The third subspecies, as a rule, is not used independently, but is placed together with the crossbar for pulling up.
The fourth subspecies is a ladder, various crossbars and bars for the press.
And the fifth subspecies is a complex structure that includes a Swedish wall, horizontal bars of different heights, rings, beams, trapezoid.
And so, the horizontal bar is street, it is a scope for creativity and work. Depending on what result the person pursues and will depend on which one is suitable for him. The design and installation of the horizontal bar will require knowledge and skills in the field of drawing, metal work and welding.
Horizontal bar for gymnastics
In the horizontal bar, despite the simplicity of its manufacture, there are many functions. It is used by patients during rehabilitation and treatment, helps to pump certain muscles, tones, improves health. Also this apparatus is suitable for gymnastics. The gymnastic horizontal bar is a special crossbeam which needs to be correctly and reliably fixed. On such a horizontal bar you can just hang and pull yourself up.
Such a horizontal bar can be placed on the ceiling beam indoors or placed in the doorway.
Such a horizontal bar is made of pipes, more precisely, of one pipe. To do this, you need a crossbar (pipe) and two chains of the desired length, on which the crossbar will be mounted. Two pins are driven into the wall, a crossbeam, for example, from a pipe, is suspended on them, and in order for the horizontal bar to be securely fastened, two more pins with caps of a larger diameter than the chain links are placed on the sides of the pipe.
This horizontal bar is suitable for those who need relaxation and stretching of the spine (often used by those who suffer from intervertebral hernias, various degenerative processes or radiculitis, as well as for children and adolescents).
For best results, hanging on such a horizontal bar is good after a bath, with a steamed body.
Horizontal bar components
Before you make a horizontal bar with your own hands, you need to stock up on certain materials for its manufacture.
To capture, you will need steel pipes with a diameter of 26-40 mm. For a more accurate size, it is better to measure the student’s palm at the level of the beginning of the fingers and multiply by a factor of 3.3. Otherwise, there will be no reliable grip, which will affect the quality of classes. And the thickness of the pipes should be 2 mm for a home tunic and 3 mm for a street tunic (since the load there is greater and stronger), and if seamless steel is used, then 1.5 mm.
Sizes of square steel pipes for a home horizontal bar should be from 40mm x 40mm x 2mm, and outdoor from 50mm x 50mm x 3mm or from 60mm x 60mm x 2mm. Racks are made from a round pipe, measuring from 80 mm x 2 mm. If square, then with rounded corners. Pipes with sharp corners under external influence can break without warning.
Webbing - a necessary accessory for horizontal bars, which is used to insure students. Safety straps are used, usually for upheavals or complex pull-ups.
Fortunately, the times have passed when the straps for the horizontal bar had to be made from improvised materials, now they can be ordered in specialized stores. They include cotton and nylon. The second option is most practical, since it does not stretch, does not deform, and has sufficient rigidity.
The length of the straps for the horizontal bar depends on the girth of the wrist:
Wrist circumference, cm
Strap length, cm
10 - 11
11 - 12
12 - 13
14 - 15
15 - 16
16 - 17
17 - 19
19 - 21
21 - 23
The main purpose of the safety straps is the athlete's insurance, therefore the user's safety directly depends on their quality.
How to make at home?
Sports equipment can be made by yourself. The main thing is to select the necessary horizontal bar drawings for the house, and adjust the dimensions of the parts according to your parameters.
Here is an example diagram of the manufacture of a horizontal bar from a steel pipe and a pair of wooden bars. In the wooden supports in the center, holes are drilled with a diameter corresponding to the diameter of the pipe. At the ends of the pipe itself, you will need to make two cross cuts, with a depth of about 5-7 centimeters. Two opposite petals are cut off on the sides (the location of the remaining petals should be the same). And then they do this:
- Wooden bars are strung on the pipe.
- Petals unbend and fit snugly against the wooden base.
- The opening marks the place of installation of the elements.
- Holes are drilled in the wall, on wooden blanks and metal petals.
- On the prepared holes, pipes are fixed using wooden blocks.
With this horizontal bar, in general, everything. ㅤ
And if you start manufacturing a horizontal bar for hands, you will need plumbing corners and steel flanges. ㅤ
Production takes place according to the following scheme: ㅤ
- A collar flange is welded to the steel pipe scraps, approximately 15-20 cm long.
- On the other hand, a plumbing corner is installed on the cut (you need to prepare the thread in advance).
- A long piece of steel pipe, which will be the basis of the horizontal bar, is screwed to the scraps with the corners already installed.
- The finished structure is fixed to the wall with dowels.
A more complex design is the 3-in-1 wall horizontal bar.
The build process looks something like this: ㅤ
- From square profiles, it is necessary to weld a structure in the shape of the letter “H”: side walls on average 65 cm each, crossbar - 55 cm;
- A pair of profiles of 55 cm each is welded to the upper part perpendicular to the above workpiece;
- A 75 cm long transverse round pipe is welded between diverging profiles, a couple more pieces of 20 cm are welded to its ends with a slight downward slope.
- Having departed from the top about 15-20 cm, between the diverging profiles, parallel to the upper pipe with handles, a square profile is welded, length 70 cm.
- Between the parallel profile and the pipe, a pair of transverse pieces of the profile of 15 cm is fixed, which serve to strengthen the entire structure.
- Between the ends of the square profiles, from the top to the bottom, pipe pieces are welded, each 40 cm long.
- Continuation handles and perpendicular handles are welded to the base of the structure in the shape of the letter “H”.
- Pieces of metal sheets are welded to the cross in the shape of the letter "H" and on its sidewalls. After the design is painted, special pillows will be installed there. ㅤ
- It is desirable to fasten such a design to the wall on steel hooks. This simulator must be removable. This is a fairly practical option and is suitable for use even in small areas. ㅤ
Of course, the dimensions of the horizontal bar are given taking into account the parameters of average users. They can be changed, taking as a basis their own volumes.
These tips and drawing will serve as tips in the manufacture of this rather complex horizontal bar.
Scheme of a horizontal bar without braces
If the choice fell on a street horizontal bar, then it can be made simple, or two or three level.
First, outdoor activities will have a beneficial effect on overall well-being and health.
Secondly, on the street you can perform some exercises for which you need more free space. In addition, many believe that it is more fun to do sports on the street. So, we decided on a place. Now consider the design steps.
When making such a projectile, it is important to know that:
- The use of welding is not acceptable here.
- Such constructions should not have corners and bends.
- Racks and thrust bearings must be at least 6 mm wide.
So, for the crossbar, it is necessary to use a chromium-nickel seamless pipe or a pipe made of structural steel.
The horizontal bar racks are made of pipe, measuring from 80mm x 80mm x 3mm or from 100mm x 3mm - round. This pipe is dug into the ground by 120 cm, and the base is necessarily concrete.
The horizontal bar is fixed using bolts from M12. Washers from 30x2 are placed under their heads; the same bolts go under the nuts, and under them are the spring split washers. The crossbar should extend beyond the rack, at least 30 cm, for its weight, you can weld on it loads of 3-5 kg.
Through trial and error, the desired result is achieved. And if you take into account the mistakes of other people, you can avoid them in the future.
- Use low-quality materials (pipes, crossbars, bolts, nuts).
- Neglect of safety rules (all bolts, nuts, dowels must be securely fixed and screwed on, their loosening threatens injury to the user).
- Poor welding of joints (a corrosion process may begin, which threatens the destruction of the metal).
- Use of weak walls as a basis (it is necessary to install horizontal bars on capital walls).
- Incorrect weight and height calculations. It must be remembered that the weight of the practitioner increases several times during sports. As for growth, a too low or high horizontal bar can affect the workouts poorly.
So, we can draw several conclusions.
Firstly, before starting to make a horizontal bar, you need to decide for what purposes it is needed. For pull-ups, it is enough to use simple gymnastic horizontal bars located on the walls or doorways. If a person is involved in sports for himself and he needs to develop a large number of different muscles, then a 3-in-1 horizontal bar is suitable for him. And if you have a private house or a summer residence, your husband is an athlete and has children, then it is better to choose a whole sports complex. However, such a projectile is difficult to design and manufacture, it would be better to entrust this business to professionals.
Secondly, any production must begin with a schematic drawing and drawing. So it will be much easier and easier to engage in the manufacturing and placement process.
Thirdly, the observance of safety precautions is mandatory, both during installation (manufacturing), and during sports.
Fourthly, it is necessary to take into account the experience of other masters.
And fifthly, the dimensions of the horizontal bar should correspond to the dimensions and dimensions of the room and the user.
Exercises on the horizontal bar heal, strengthen and develop different muscle groups. And a do-it-yourself horizontal bar increases self-esteem and saves the family budget.