Most land owners are engaged in growing vegetables. To create an optimal climate and achieve high yields in the early stages, it is necessary to have a greenhouse. Such a structure in a collapsible version is offered for sale. But not everyone prefers to buy products in the store, so they build the building on their own. Fortunately, in our time there is an excellent material for such purposes - polycarbonate. Do-it-yourself polycarbonate greenhouse - the issue is being solved. It can grow vegetables all year round.
About the material - polycarbonate
Cellular polycarbonate is a modern material. Despite its “youth”, it is very popular among consumers. Polycarbonate is a plastic material with very good technical characteristics:
- high light conductivity;
- light weight and flexibility;
- a wide range of possible temperature operating conditions (from -50 to +120 degrees);
- good thermal insulation;
- UV protection;
- durability of a design;
- simplicity of material cutting.
Do-it-yourself polycarbonate greenhouse is a profitable option. Firstly, less money is spent on its acquisition. Secondly, there are significant advantages in relation to a greenhouse made of a wooden frame covered with glass.
Production of polycarbonate greenhouses
The construction process takes place in several stages:
1. The construction of the foundation. The simplest option for constructing the foundation is a timber frame. For this purpose, a material with a size of 100 x 100 mm is suitable. Previously, the tree should be covered with a protective layer of Penatex. Such a foundation will last at least five years. If desired, you can make the base stronger by using FBS blocks. The most durable is the strip foundation. The process of its construction is the longest, but it's worth it. In terms of quality and reliability, the foundation of the tape type is the best option.
2. The manufacture of the frame of the greenhouse. Do-it-yourself polycarbonate greenhouse is beneficial in that the structure can be made to the desired size, depending on the size of the land. When assembling the frame, an opening for the door and the window should be provided. For the manufacture of structures, it is recommended to use a galvanized profile. The structure is fixed to the foundation using special fasteners (self-tapping screws). For greater structural strength, it is advisable to provide "ribs" of rigidity. The transverse lathing and longitudinal elements give the building good stability.
When cutting material, the standard parameter of the panels should be taken into account in order to save consumption. In addition, it is necessary to take into account such features as thermal expansion of panels, atmospheric precipitation load , and bending radii of an arch-type structure.
3. Installing a heating system. The polycarbonate greenhouse device includes heaters. Heating devices are installed based on the area of glazing space, multiplied by the coefficient of thermal conductivity and the temperature difference. The resulting result indicates the necessary heat demand in kilocalories (1 W = 0.86 Kcal / h). Heating devices must be placed evenly around the entire perimeter of the room.
4. care for the right soil. An important factor for good vegetable growth is the soil. Its optimal composition is as follows: humus - three parts, sand - one part, sod - two parts. In addition, components are required for one bucket of the prepared mixture: potassium sulfate, urea, superphosphate in the amount of one teaspoon of each substance. In order to get a good harvest, the soil in the greenhouse must be updated annually.
Installation of a polycarbonate greenhouse
Installation of the greenhouse is carried out using split or one-piece profiles. Sealing of the top of the profiles is provided by a self-adhesive tape made of aluminum. Perforated tape is used for the bottom of the panels. Both ends of the arches of the greenhouse are closed with a perforated tape, followed by closing the ends with a profile.
In order to ensure condensate discharge, the panel is placed so that water flows out. To do this, it is recommended to drill several holes in polycarbonate.
Sheets of material must be inserted into the grooves of the profile and fixed to the frame with self-tapping screws with thermal washers. This method will avoid damage to the polycarbonate and will block the access of cold air through the mounting holes.
Nowadays, a do-it-yourself polycarbonate greenhouse is a necessary building on a suburban area. The construction will help in providing the family with fresh vegetables, which means vitamins and minerals.