The development of computer technology is now necessary, as computers are increasingly being introduced into our lives. This requires knowledge of special terminology. For example, a database is all data that is specially organized into one system by managing such databases. Usually this is a collection of data - interconnected two-dimensional tables, which consist of fields (columns) and records.
Such a module is intended for managing various databases. You can add one more, a new database, or edit various parameters of existing databases, as well as download a dump, create a list of specific users of certain databases and use many other features. A database is a rather complex component system.
Please note that if the display of the desired list has been delayed for a long time, then most likely this is due to the huge number of databases on your personal server, as well as the calculation of the size of a specific database. To speed up the display process, you need to disable the size column by specifying the special HideDbSize option, which is located in the configuration file on the control panel.
What is a relational database? This is a system based on tables. For use it is necessary to understand tables, keys, rows and columns. Such databases are the most popular in the world because of their flexible structure and simplicity.
How to view the list of databases? Brief information can be found in the table containing the following columns:
1. Name - easier, the name of a specific database.
2. Type - this is the server on which the database is hosted.
3. User - this is your login to access.
4. Owner - this is the name of the control panel user who has a disk quota for the database.
5. Size is the size of disk space (expressed in megabytes) that the files occupy.
How to create such a necessary system as a database? This is a very complex process. But let's figure it out. To create, click the "create" button and fill in the fields in the following form:
1. The database name is the name for the new database. You can write in Latin, use numbers and signs.
2. Type of database - select a database from the list that supports ISPmanager.
3. Owner - indicate the username - the owner of the database.
4. Encoding - specify the encoding due to which the data will be stored in tables. This field is available for different databases.
5. User - you can select a user that already exists or create a new one.
6. New user - you must specify a new username. The requirements are the same as for database names.
7. Password - create your own unique password for accessing information. Passwords that are too short and only passwords from numbers are easy to crack, so create it from letters, numbers, and symbols.
8. Confirmation - type the password you created again.
9. Remote access - check the box or checkbox so that this user can access personal databases not only from his own, but also from other servers and workstations.
How to edit the database settings? To do this, select the one you need, click the "change" button and make adjustments. You can change the name of the database and its owner. To delete a database, select it in the list and click the "delete" button. To prevent this action from happening accidentally, the program asks for confirmation or cancellation of the action, click "ok" if you have not changed your mind.
Database integrity can be seen through validation. Select the required database from the list and click the "check selected databases" button. Confirmation of your actions is also requested here, and after clicking “ok” the database will be checked for errors and damage.
The "download dump" function allows you to download a dump database to your computer. To do this, use the "download dump" button.