Games are an interesting and fascinating choice for pastime. Their diversity is enormous, but it is the “Sea Battle” and the winning strategy that arouses the interest of many people and encourages to delve into the intricacies of the process.
What is the point?
Sea battle is a game that requires two players, a checklist and a pen. The goal is to place the ships in their field, and then calculate the location of the rival’s frigates.
Before starting to study the strategy of naval combat, on a piece of paper you need to draw a field for your ships. The territory includes a square with sides of 10 cells. The vertical is numbered outside the resulting square by the numbers from 1 to 10. In turn, the horizontal line is indicated by the letters of the alphabet from “a” to “k”, excluding such letters as “th”.
The next important stage is the location of the ships in their field. In total, it is necessary to place 10 submarines, which differ in the number of decks: one deck - one cell. You can have 4 single-deck ships, 3 - two-deck, 2 - three-deck and 1 - four-deck. Thus, the last of the presented frigates will occupy 4 cells in the field.
Getting to the battle!
After the location of all vessels, it is necessary to draw the opponent's field. The first area is for arranging your ships, and the second is for recording hits on enemy ships.
Between themselves, the players agree who shoots first. In order to correctly calculate the location of the vessel, it is necessary to choose the right strategy of naval battle. The player whose field of attack has been hit checks to see if there is a ship at this point. If yes, then it is necessary to answer “injured”. This means that the ship is hurt, but not completely destroyed. When, on one attempt, the ship completely “burned out,” then they say “killed”. The loser is the one whose flotilla was completely destroyed.
How to win a naval battle?
To win the game, there are special secrets, knowing which the chances of defeating an opponent increase significantly. To choose the right strategy of naval combat, it is necessary to understand that the outcome of the game depends on two factors: the location of their own ships and the strategy of firing at a foreign field. When placing ships on their field, one should adhere to the following recommendations:
- Leave space between frigates. Do not place the ships close to each other. Between them there should be a distance of at least one cell from all sides. Therefore, large ships should be located closer to the boundaries of the field to reduce the number of empty cells.
- If you place a four-decker ship in the center, then there will be cells around it that the enemy will not fire, which is 14 units. In turn, if the ship is positioned close to one of the field boundaries, the number of cells for the next shot will be reduced to 6 or 8, depending on the chosen location. Thus, this strategy of naval combat demonstrates that such an arrangement is unprofitable for the enemy, since it will be more difficult to find the rest of the vessel.
- Previous layout tips apply only to large vessels. Small ones, in turn, are very difficult to calculate, and sometimes getting into them is just luck. Therefore, a single-cell vessel should be placed randomly, away from large brethren. But, knowing the strategy of targeting enemy ships, you can avoid the most dangerous places.
Tunnel ship fire
- Shelling with the letter X. In this strategy, ships should be searched from the upper left to the lower right diagonally, without missing cells. The same must be done on the other side. The points formed are the main ones, since it is impossible to arrange all the ships avoiding these zones.
- Division into sectors. To apply this strategy, it is necessary to conditionally divide the opponent’s field into identical 4 parts. Further, shelling of the territory is carried out either diagonally or staggered. A similar type of ship search must be applied to the remaining sectors. The presented method affects the main cells in the field.
A good strategy for playing naval combat can help you learn the rules better and have fun. Having met a worthy opponent, you can get real pleasure. Such entertainment is not only entertaining in nature, but also develops a person’s strategic and analytical abilities.