When you imagine a spoiled child, you think about a kid in whose house there are a lot of the most modern and extravagant toys. But experts say that children's behavior is not determined by property. A spoiled child is selfish, demanding. He uses many manipulations to get what he wants.
Where do the spoiled children come from? Psychologists say that, as a rule, they grow up in an unfavorable family environment, where adults themselves spoil them.
So, let's identify some signs by which you can understand whether your child is “spoiled” or not. The most important thing is to identify these errors in time and try to eliminate them together.
"Center of the world"
The specific wish of your baby is the main priority, which teaches that the world revolves only around him. This may prevent him from taking into account the needs and desires of other people.
Pediatricians argue that the child must understand, give and take. When the word “take” becomes its only function, a violation occurs in perception and attitude towards others. Spoiled children do not like to share. They are difficult to master the art of sharing, and it is difficult for them to understand what charity is.
Ignoring the right behavior
Modern parents are constantly busy with important matters. And so they do not notice how their kids play: calmly or dangerously. If you do not explain to them that there are certain rules of conduct during fun, then they will grow up, neglecting all the rules and laws. But in the future, spoiled children may become potential criminals!
Bad behavior reward
Tantrums and tears are the best "tools" of a naughty child. Whether at home or in various public places, he begins to raise a cry, not thinking about his relatives and the people who surround him. Sometimes parents simply can not stand this behavior and give him what he wants. And this should never be done.
Clear boundaries of behavior
If you do not establish and ensure compliance with the specific principles of good behavior, then you will raise a child rude, disrespectful and refusing mutual cooperation. Such a baby will constantly express his dissatisfaction.
As a rule, spoiled children do not feel complete satisfaction from what they have. If they see a toy that they don’t have, they will try to get it in any way. And if you do not teach them such "virtues" as patience and respect, then your dear child will become uncontrollable and irresponsible.
A poorly educated child always wants to control his parents and other adults. In this way he will achieve what he wants. In most cases, such a baby will do everything to make you feel awkward in society.
He will also not feel the difference between adults and his peers. So he will make mom and dad fulfill his wishes.
Of course, the most spoiled children constantly neglect the requests of their parents. They understand no words, no threats, no persuasion. And with the word “no” they try to do the opposite, showing their power in front of them.
Uneducated babies do not pay attention to moms and dads when they try to talk to them. You must become an authority for them to teach them to listen to you and do what you say.
Caution your child against unreasonable gifts. For example, you bought a new motorcycle to your son, because the previous one you purchased a few months ago was tired of him.
Another common mistake is gifts from guilt. If the baby tells you: “You are the worst mom in the world,” this is not the time for pleasant surprises. By manipulating you, he will receive what he wants. And in the future you will be constantly reproached with this.
The desire to help disappears
Spoiled children are lazy, refuse to help their parents. They do not want to do housework or do general cleaning in the yard. Such crumbs grow up with a feeling of neglect of work and irresponsibility to their duties.
You must remember that at the moment when your child has ceased to be a “baby”, he must be taught to fulfill the small requirements of his parents and keep track of his own things and toys.
Disrespect for elders
A poorly educated child often interrupts, does not listen, and does not pay attention to their words when talking with adults. It may even express its dissatisfaction with "bad" words.
Parents should instill in their baby respect for the older generation. Otherwise, in the future he will ignore all moral values and even deny the wisdom of his grandfathers and great-grandfathers.
How to re-educate a spoiled child?
Do not panic if you just realized that your baby has taken the path of bad manners and spoilage. Psychological experts say that everything can be fixed. The main thing is to make every effort to this. Follow the strategies below to make your child an example of decent parenting for many peers:
- Set clear rules and boundaries for your child. And if you decide to change them a little, then explain to him this special exception.
- Create incentives for good behavior. Naturally, they will depend on the age of your baby. For example, you can try giving him stars for great deeds. And when he collects a hundred of these prizes, give him a welcome present.
- The consequences of breaking the rules. They can range from cancellation of privileges to confiscation of your favorite toys.
- Teach him that giving is more important than receiving. Involve children in charity work. Take them to the shops to choose gifts for friends and family members.
- Teach him to understand the word "no." If you decide to refuse your child anything, then do not change your mind even under the influence of tantrums and screams.
- Be a role model. Show attention and respect for others - and the baby will try to follow your example.
The most spoiled children in the world
Currently, the concept of "corruption" has acquired a new connotation. Especially if you are a child of a Hollywood star. Can you imagine what gifts their rich parents give them ?! Let’s find out the names of the most spoiled children and the most generous gifts they received:
1. Suri Cruise - the daughter of the famous parents of Tom and Katie Cruise. When they divorced, they began to heavily present her with expensive gifts to attract attention to themselves. The star of the movie Mission Impossible gave Suri an amazing New York mansion for her beloved pony and various toys.
2. Valentina Pino - she was lucky enough to be the daughter of one of the most beautiful women in the world, actress Salma Hayek. Her father, Francois-Henri Pinault (CEO of Kering), gave his heiress a real hunting house, the maintenance of which takes 50 thousand dollars a month!
3. Zachary Furnish-John - the son of the famous singer Elton John and his partner, Canadian director David Furnish. Back in 2011, his fathers gave him their own apartment in the elite Los Angeles area for $ 2 million.
4. Prince George is the son of Prince William and Kate Middleton. On his first birthday, he received a stunning gift from Stylfile - a nail care device. But, unlike a typical manicure set, these are made of solid gold and decorated with 350 diamonds.
5. Brooklyn and Harper Beckham - spoiled children of wealthy parents Victoria and David Beckham. The best gift that a daughter received on her first birthday from her father and mother is not a pony or even a doll. And the picture for 1 million dollars, painted by British artist Damien Hirst. Now she hangs in her bedroom and pleases her mistress every day. And when the first-born, Brooklyn, turned 6 years old, a couple in the courtyard of his mansion built a real 16-meter castle for games for 200 thousand dollars.
6. Diddy, of course, knows how much it takes to raise a spoiled child. When his son, Justin Combs, turned 16 years old, dad bought him a car. But it was not a typical Honda Civic, which would have pleased most teenagers, but a silver Maybach for 360 thousand dollars. He also received a check in the amount of 10 thousand dollars to open his first bank account.
7. Emma and Max Anthony are twins of famous parents Jay Law and Mark Anthony. On their birthday, a gorgeous party was organized, for which dad and mom had to pay 200 thousand dollars. The festival was attended by many stars: Elton John, Victoria and David Beckham, Eva Longoria and others. In addition to expensive designer clothes, even diamond rattles were given to the kids.
8. Beyonce and Jay-Z know how to raise a spoiled child. In honor of the second birthday of their daughter, Blue Ivy Carter, her parents gave her a horse of a purebred Arabian breed, for which they paid 75 thousand dollars. The little girl pleasantly appreciated this present, because she loves animals very much.
9. Max Bratman is the son of the famous singer Christina Aguilera. And therefore it is not surprising that after his birth, he immediately began to bathe in luxury. The former Mrs. Bratman did not spare money for her baby. His children's room was equipped for about four months: the best designer furniture for Max was made by special order. As a result, Christina spent 35 thousand dollars on the design of the "royal apartments" of her son.
Now we can conclude: whether you are a rich celebrity or an ordinary person, do not neglect the upbringing of your children. Indeed, the future will depend on how much you put effort and love into this.
Did you suddenly find out that your baby is a spoiled child ?! The signs mentioned in this article will help determine if this is actually the case. And the above recommendations from experts in the field of psychology will help you re-educate him. And you yourself will be surprised how your baby will enjoy life with you!