To change beyond recognition the appearance of a product today is quite simple. After all, now we have access to water printing - the technology of applying a decorative coating to objects of various shapes. It has many names - immersion printing, aquaprint, 3d-decoration.
A bit of history
This technology began to be used in the 80s of the last century, but to this day has not lost its relevance. Moreover, now it has become publicly available. Doing water printing with your own hands is not difficult. To do this, you just need to have a set of necessary devices.
Water Printing Technology
Immersion printing is quite simple to use. Special films that can be bought today in almost any specialized store are placed in a solution and applied to the part. The pattern remains due to the fact that the film envelops the product. The coating is applied under the influence of potent chemicals of a certain temperature and water density.
Water Printing Stages
Which of us does not want to update the appearance of our own car or furniture, elegantly decorate windows or various souvenirs ?! Water printing at home makes our wishes possible.
The process itself consists of several stages.
- First you need to decide on the design of the film,
Choose a color and protective varnish.
- Then you will have to work with the surface on which you intend to apply water printing. It must be cleaned, degreased, sanded and painted in the base color that you selected at the very beginning.
- Now you can proceed to the water printing itself.
- In conclusion, several layers of varnish are applied to the dried product, which gives the finished item a finished look.
DIY water printing
Of all the above stages, the most difficult is the print. Although you should not worry about this. It is safe to say that each of us can apply water printing with our own hands, for this we do not need to have special skills.
It is necessary to take any container that is suitable in volume and fill it with water of a certain temperature. The aquaprint film has a water-soluble base, so it is laid out in water. It gradually becomes soft and distributed evenly on the surface. Next, an activator is applied that turns the film into a liquid. Immediately after this, the product you have prepared for processing is immersed in the container. Thanks to water, the decorative coating is evenly applied to the surface of the item.
As you can see, do-it-yourself water printing done according to the instructions is available to almost everyone. But any product acquires its former attractiveness and presentable appearance.
The benefits of aqua printing
This technology has many advantages that have long been recognized by those who have come across it at least once.
- Synthetic films for aquaprint can be applied on any surface: metal, plastic, ceramics, wood, glass, plywood. Therefore, they can be considered universal.
- Using aqua-printing, you can give the surface any kind of design: imitation of wood or animal skins, granite or marble, flowers or abstract patterns.
- It is very simple - do water printing with your own hands. Even if you decide to apply the image on a curved, faceted, inflated surface, there will be no difficulties with this. Under the pressure of water, the figure will lie flat.
- Films for immersion printing have not only a decorative effect. They also protect products from dust, small scratches, ultraviolet radiation.
- Such printing is durable and resistant to adverse environmental influences.
See how many advantages aqua printing has! With your own hands, you can work wonders by repainting products, making them more attractive and attractive.