A person who has created an Internet resource, especially beginners, has a lot of questions: how to add a site to search engines, how to promote a site in search engines, how to check a site’s position in search engines, and many others. All these actions are aimed at solving one very specific problem - attracting visitors to the site and creating a permanent audience, which makes it possible to achieve the main goal of representing a particular company or product on the Internet - making a profit.
Below, an attempt will be made to figure out how to somewhat speed up the influx of visitors from search engines, because simply adding a site to search engines and waiting for visitors to pay attention to it in large quantities is fundamentally wrong, and does not bring the desired fruits, or brings, but after a rather long time.
So, after the resource is created and hosted, you need to add the site to the search engines, and then work to speed up the indexing of the site. By the way, the question of how to speed up indexing of a resource by search engines is the most common one on webmaster forums. And this is not surprising, because many aspects depend on indexation: the position of a resource in search engines, a quantitative indicator of the attendance that they bring, the popularity of the site, etc. There are many ways to speed up indexing, but we will focus on the most effective and, most importantly, free methods that allow you to permanently resolve the issue of how to promote your site in search engines. There are 7 such methods.
1. Create a sitemap for Google in xml format. To create maps in html and xml formats, you can use the online generator XML-Sitemaps.com, which allows you to process up to 500 pages for free. After the site map is generated, it must be saved in the root of the resource in xml format. For the xml-map to be noticed by the Google search engine, you need an account in Google Webmaster, and adding a link to the Sitemap menu. The line view is site_name / sitemap.xml. Many webmasters note that if you add the site to search engines in this way, then in particular the Google robot visits the resource more often. Among other things, this Google service, created specifically for webmasters, offers a wide range of other useful options.
2. Creating an html sitemap in 1 click from the page on which links to each resource page, that is, the main page, are located. In the case when the number of pages is large, it is necessary to split the site map into several parts-pages. The link to the site map should be placed on all its pages.
3. Registration in Yandex.Webmaster and adding your site to the service. This allows not only adding the site to search engines, but also analyzing the indexing of resource pages by Yandex, as well as using other useful functions for the webmaster.
4. Registration in catalogs is a very useful and effective tool for promotion. Two methods can be distinguished here - automatic registration and manual site registration. In the latter case, you will have to prepare for the long and painstaking work of adding the site to the directories, and in the case of automatic registration, you need to spend a certain amount of money to purchase a specialized program.
5. Organization of RSS-broadcast of materials from the resource, and registration of RSS-feeds in specialized RSS-catalogs. This method allows you to organize the publication of announcements of site materials on other resources.
6. Writing one or more unique articles and placing them in article directories. The article should contain from two to four links to the main page of the promoted resource, or to its internal pages.
7. The last advice for those who want to speed up the indexing of the site by search engines is to work on creating a competent internal linking. Each page should have 2-3 links to the main page. The site menu should be duplicated. You can also organize additional links to the main sections of the menu on each page of the resource.
Of course, the list of methods to speed up website promotion is not limited to the above. It is only necessary to understand that simply adding a site to the search engines is not enough - painstaking work is needed to promote and then the result will not be long in coming.