With dry ears, people usually turn to the otolaryngologist. This symptom can indicate serious ailments. Moreover, the problem may not be directly related to the auricle. The causes and treatment of dry ears are described in the article.
This is a common cause of dry ears. Problems with the skin of the ears appear after a change in hygiene products, for example, shampoo. They occur when:
- wearing earrings made of inexpensive materials;
- change of gold jewelry to silver;
- constant use of headphones;
- wearing glasses with metal arms.
In these cases, the problem is associated with local allergies, which disappears after elimination of the irritant. In advanced situations, drug treatment is performed. A specialist needs a diet and the use of emollient ointments.
In addition to dry skin in the ears, an allergy manifests itself in the form of:
- slight redness of the epidermis;
- burning sensation;
To determine if there is an allergy, it is necessary to replace a cosmetic product for the shower. For several days you should not go in earrings, do not use headphones, glasses with metal arches. In the absence of timely treatment, there is a risk of complications - dermatitis of the outer ear or eczema.
Ear skin fungus
Since the organs are interconnected, painful signs may appear in the mouth. Dryness and tinnitus appear from a fungus. Usually this phenomenon is detected in those who strongly clean their ears with a special stick or rinse the ear canals with water, use other people's headphones.
Another fungus manifests itself in the form:
- periodic headache;
- increasing itching;
- sulfuric cork;
- fluid discharge from the ear canal.
Often the fungus manifests itself in the form of an infection that affects the general condition of the patient. This acts to increase body temperature, performance and fatigue.
Dry ears and itching do not occur on their own. This is only one of the many symptoms that appear with skin ailments. Ear diseases include:
- Seborrheic dermatitis. Dandruff and white plaque appear in the ear and on the outside. Itching, discomfort, dryness occurs more with redness, itching, rash, a slight change in the structure of the skin.
- Eczema. Redness, itching, rash, a slight change in the structure of the skin appears.
- Ear psoriasis. Its main symptoms include heterogeneity, peeling and dryness. Redness also appears around the ear canal and irritation.
- Folliculitis. This is an infection that manifests itself in the form of a rash on the ears, itching, blisters.
- Furuncle. With such an ailment, acne with pus appears in the ear. There is still pain, hearing loss, redness, nasal congestion and swelling.
Inflammation of the outer ear or skin
Dryness in the ear is recognized very simply, because with such ailments the symptoms are as follows:
- Discomfort and pain occurs in the outer ear.
- There is an increase in lymph nodes.
- The tragus is sensitive and painful.
If these symptoms persist for more than two days and gradually increase, experts advise you to seek medical help. A full examination is required.
Dryness in the ears and nose is associated with systemic diseases. Of ear diseases, otitis media is often detected, which manifests itself in the form of:
- aching pain;
- unpleasant ripple;
- elevated temperature;
- swelling of the ear and general weakness.
In advanced situations, purulent discharge, shooting pain, fever, hearing loss occur. If there is no treatment, otitis media will adversely affect the parotid cartilage and bones, the vestibular apparatus, and brain activity.
Skin problems, even in the ears, appear in diabetes. This manifests itself in the form:
- slight odor of acetone;
- intense thirst;
- irritation of the upper layers of the epidermis;
- rapid onset of fatigue;
- the need for frequent visits to the restroom;
- sensations of itching and tingling at the fingertips.
There is another systemic ailment - liver pathology. In this case, in addition to peeling, itching and dryness in the ear, there is pain, fever, a feeling of bitterness in the mouth and bloating.
Noise and dryness in the ears still come from external factors. Often this happens when:
- frequent stress;
- violation of the day and night modes;
- non-compliance with hygiene rules;
- genetic predispositions or congenital ailments.
Whatever the reason, dryness in the ear is a lot of inconvenience. A timely visit to a doctor eliminates many different problems.
Dandruff in the ear
In the auricles, as well as on the scalp, dandruff may appear. You can identify this problem by:
- Abundant exfoliation of the upper layers of the skin behind the ears near the ear canal, after cleansing the ears on a cotton swab, white lumps remain.
- Redness of the skin.
- Hearing impairment or congestion.
- The sensation of a foreign body in the auricle.
- Burning and fever.
Dryness in the ear should not be ignored. To eliminate the problem, folk remedies and traditional treatment will help. Therapy should be carried out in compliance with daily hygiene, proper nutrition and intake of vitamins: Complivit, MultiTabs, Vitrum.
When the first symptoms appear, you need to contact the otolaryngologist. The doctor examines the affected area and examines the patient’s medical history. Based on the data received, a direction is given for analyzes. If peeling is clearly visible, an ear swab is taken to determine the presence of the fungus.
To exclude other pathologies, a general blood test will be required. If this is not enough, additional diagnostics are performed. Before prescribing therapy, it is necessary to determine the cause of the occurrence of ear seborrhea. An experienced specialist studies all the information received and makes a final diagnosis.
The treatment for dry ears depends on the type of problem. The type of medication is prescribed based on the variety of fungus. Usually in this case, prescribe such drugs as Nitrofugin, Econazole, Pimafucin.
To treat otitis media, antibacterial drugs are needed - Levomekol, Triderm. And when an allergy occurs, “Diazolin” or other tablets with a calming effect are prescribed.
Ointments and creams
The doctor may prescribe a pharmacy cream designed to treat ear ailments. The following funds are in demand:
- "Konison Plus."
For each medication, detailed instructions are attached. Before using the drug, you should familiarize yourself with the dosage, duration of treatment.
Of the folk methods that help eliminate dryness in the ear, there are:
- Baby cream. It is applied with gentle, gentle movements to problem areas as needed.
- Motherwort tincture. She is treated with skin behind her ears twice a day. To prepare, you will need a glass of alcohol, which is used to fill in the crushed rhizomes of the plant (10 g). Then everything is mixed, covered with a lid and left in a warm place for 10 days. Then carefully filtered.
- Chamomile decoction. To cook, dried flowers (2 tbsp. L.) Are mixed with boiling water (1 cup). The broth is stirred and cooled. Then, sponges treat problem areas of the skin and apply a compress.
- Onion juice is instilled into the ear - 5 drops per day, no more than 5 times in a row.
- Salt is dried in a dry frying pan, put it in cheesecloth and applied to the ear for several minutes. The tool relieves peeling and severe pain.
Before using any folk remedy, it is advisable to consult a specialist. This will eliminate the harm to the body.
So that the disease does not appear again, you must adhere to the recommendations of dermatologists:
- It is necessary to observe the rules of personal hygiene, do not use other people's accessories.
- To clean the ears, it is better not to use cotton buds.
- More time should be in the fresh air and observe the generally accepted daily routine.
- It is forbidden to overcool the ears in cold weather.
- Ears must be protected from chlorinated water.
- If you use a hearing aid, you need to regularly process the device and apply special ear drops.
- You can not start treatment of otitis media and boils.
- You need to drink more mineral water without gas.
- Stress should be avoided.
- A balanced diet is required.
If dandruff in the ears is not treated, then acute mycosis is likely. The fungus acts locally and is also able to penetrate deep into the tissue. An integrated approach is used in the treatment of dandruff. At the same time, you need to eliminate the cosmetic problem with ointments, lotions and tablets.
Care and Prevention
To preserve the ears and skin, experts advise:
- Rinse your ears morning and evening, but not very deeply. It is enough to process the external part of the organ with warm water.
- When cleaning your ears, you should not be too diligent and scrub all sulfur that is required to protect against bacteria and damage.
- When swimming or going to the pool, you need to cover the ear holes with cotton or special earplugs to prevent excess moisture from entering.
- In winter, you need to use a baby cream, and with a lack of vitamins, you need to monitor nutrition.
- It should exclude stress, adjust the diet. Need rest when the body needs it.
These recommendations will help eliminate dry skin in your ears. The main thing is not to ignore any symptoms and negative manifestations, as well as to listen to the recommendations of the attending physician.