It happens to everyone that when opening the refrigerator, there is a desire to immediately lock it because of the terrible smell. Some people do not think about how to remove the smell from the refrigerator without arranging a general cleaning of the shelves of an important item in the house. Of course, you can completely wash the refrigerator and dry it. Nevertheless, not always ordinary washing helps to reduce to zero the presence of odor in the refrigerator.
Is it possible to get rid of bad smell in the refrigerator
Today, there are many products for cleaning food storage that completely eliminate odors from various sources. Many of the compounds can be found on the shelves of hardware stores, but they require additional costs. If the budget allows, then you can buy ready-made funds.
If you want to remove the smell in the refrigerator at home without looking for a suitable chemical, you first need to determine the source that distributes the unpleasant odor throughout the space of the food storage area. Having determined the source, you can choose one of the means that everyone has in the house.
How to get rid of the smell in a new refrigerator
It may seem to some that only in old household appliances for storing food can a fetid odor occur. However, this opinion is incorrect. When a new refrigerator, just brought from the store, appeared in the kitchen, you should not immediately fill it with food and put it into operation. New household appliances have, if not offensive, but a specific smell. Therefore, before arranging food products inside its space, you need to decide how you can remove the smell in the refrigerator.
When it comes to a new household appliance that stores food, the issue of detergents is particularly acute. After all, no hostess or owner wants to spoil the appearance of the food cabinet on the first day after purchase. You can remove the smell in the refrigerator at home for a new household appliance by the following means:
- Special compositions for cleaning the refrigerator.
- A solution of soda, which not only eliminates unpleasant odors, but also disinfects the surface.
- Laundry soap.
After the manipulations have been done in order to remove the unpleasant specific smell from the household appliance, in which the food will be stored in the future, you need to thoroughly wipe all the surfaces so that they are completely dry.
It is important to pay attention to all parts of the refrigerator, starting from the outside, ending with shelves and the far wall of the inside. A slight specific smell is in all new household appliances. If you hear a strong, pungent smell of rubber or other materials, you need to think about whether it is worth buying such a device in the kitchen.
How to remove the smell of rotten meat from the refrigerator
Unpleasant fetid odors in the refrigerator appear not just because the product is on the shelf. When the meat for a long time lies in the space of the refrigerator, bacteria begin to appear in it, the vital activity of which is a consequence of the production of harmful microorganisms. Therefore, before you remove the smell of rotten meat in the refrigerator, you need to get rid of the product itself. Moreover, it should not just be thrown into the bin, but wrapped in a bag and discarded immediately into the waste bin.
Before you remove the smell from the refrigerator, you must disconnect it from the power supply and remove all contents from it. After the shelves become empty, you need to thoroughly wash the entire surface with the usual tool that is used for this mission. Then the remnants of the product must be washed off and wiped the inside dry.
After that, you can begin to eliminate the fetid odor from the refrigerator. To do this, prepare a solution of soda. Mix it with water, adhering to a proportion of 2 tablespoons per liter of water. With this mixture you need to process all the shelves and the back wall. In addition to soda, the following components cope well with the mission of ridding the refrigerator of the unpleasant smell of rotten meat:
- Alcoholic vinegar, combined with water one to one.
- In order to forget about the smell of rotten meat in the refrigerator, you can use ammonia. Just add a few drops to the water.
- Lemon juice mixed with vodka will also help. Mix one part lemon and ten parts vodka.
It is especially necessary to rinse the place where the meat directly stood, as well as the plastic surfaces and reservoirs for storing food, since this material has the ability to absorb all the aromas, including fetid ones.
If you do all the above manipulations, the smell will become less noticeable, but will not completely disappear. To get rid of the stench completely, you can put several tablets of activated carbon on the shelf of the included refrigerator.
How to get rid of the smell of fish in the refrigerator
Fish has a rather specific aroma even when fresh. What can we say about when it will go bad. Before you remove the smell of fish from the refrigerator, you need to make sure that the stench comes from this product.
The fish has a very strong “aroma”, and in a short time can soak with it everything that is inside the refrigerator. Therefore, if there is at least the slightest hint of extraneous odors from household appliances, you need to immediately begin cleaning. Mustard powder helps to quickly remove fish smell from the refrigerator. If there is none, then you can use the finished liquid mixture.
Fish, even in its fresh form, captures with its aroma all products that are nearby. Therefore, carefully close the containers in which it is stored.
Causes of odor in the refrigerator
It is understood that food often causes an unpleasant odor. But there are other sources, for example:
- The liquid draining from the meat during thawing is sometimes invisible to the eye. When it has not been removed from the surface for a long time, a strong stench begins and the source is difficult to determine.
- Also, an unpleasant odor from the food storage chamber may appear due to stagnant water in the drainage channel. After defrosting a household appliance, not all water has time to get out of the hose; subsequently, with exclusively fresh products on the shelves, a fetid odor is constantly felt.
These are common reasons why you feel like something has gone bad. This proves once again that before you remove the smell from the refrigerator, you need to understand exactly where it comes from.
Food that smells bad in the fridge
More often than not, food is the cause of the stench. However, they do not have to be spoiled. Sometimes even fresh dishes or individual products have a specific aroma. And sometimes this effect may be due to the combination of two incompatible smell products.
The unpleasant smell in the refrigerator occurs most often from such supplies as:
- Meat dishes and raw meat.
- Cottage cheese.
There are several ways to prevent odor from spreading inside the refrigerator:
- Keep all products in closed containers.
- Conduct timely audits for overdue supplies.
These tricks will help preserve the fresh aroma inside the refrigerator.
Foods that help get rid of bad smell in the refrigerator
In order to remove the smell from the refrigerator, the products are mainly chemical. Few people know that there are food products that can be put on one of the shelves of the refrigerator and forget about unpleasant aromas. Of course, this does not mean that you need to completely abandon cleaning the food storage chamber, but still the risk of an unpleasant odor becomes lower. These products are:
- Fresh lemon. It must be cut into pieces and put on a saucer. In this form, put in the refrigerator, it is better somewhere in the middle.
- Oddly enough, ordinary brown bread can help in the fight against unpleasant aromas in the refrigerator space. It is necessary to cut a slice and put it on a plate, immersing the container in the refrigerator.
- An ordinary tea brew is also suitable. It must be put in a small container and placed on the shelf of the chamber for storing food.
- Onions will also come to the aid of those who decide to cope with the elimination of odors in the refrigerator. It needs to be cut into two parts, then simply put into the inside of the household appliance.
- Natural coffee will also help. It is enough to put it in a small lid. You can use both ground and custard.
- Open cans of dairy products take on the mission of absorbing odors.
- Cheese sliced on a plate will help to forget about the unpleasant smell in the refrigerator, regardless of what source it appeared from.
- Also, in the fight against unpleasant aromas, ordinary salt or sugar will help.
It should be remembered that the products placed in the refrigerator for the purpose of getting rid of the smell should not be eaten later. And also it is necessary to check them for freshness, changing at least once every five days. If you know what to put in the refrigerator to remove an unpleasant smell, a person will forget about such problems for a long time.
Handy tools for removing odors from the refrigerator
If you do not want to spend expensive products, then you can use the improvised means that are in every home. These are:
- Normal activated charcoal in tablets.
- Strong smelling spices and herbs can be used. They spread their aroma so much that there is simply no place in the space of the refrigerator for odors.
- The zest of orange is also suitable for this mission.
With these simple tips, you can forget about the problems of bad odors from spoiled foods.
How to quickly remove the smell from the refrigerator
If guests must come or if there is simply no time for lengthy procedures to eliminate the stench from the food storage chamber, you can use the fastest methods:
- Wipe all the shelves with ammonia or vinegar, pulling out products from which the stench emanates from the chamber.
- Lubricate all surfaces with a solution of water and soda, thoroughly wiping after this moisture.
These are the fastest and most effective methods that work great.
Secrets to prevent foul odors in the refrigerator
In order not to constantly think about the question of how to remove an unpleasant odor from the refrigerator, you can simply prevent its appearance. This is easy to do. It is enough to control the shelf life of stocks and to get rid of expired foodstuffs in a timely manner.
Are there refrigerators that don't smell bad
Any household appliance designed to store food, over time, absorbs the smells of food and the liquid that accumulates in the pipes to drain the water during defrosting. There are no "magic" refrigerators.
In order for the food storage place to please only pleasant aromas from the prepared dishes, and not to produce a stench, it is enough just to properly care for its internal surface and control the freshness of the products inside.
- Keep food in closed containers or bags.
- Check products regularly for expiration dates.
- Throw away spoiled food.
- Clean the entire refrigerator from smell so that the stench does not spread.
The problem of unpleasant odors in the refrigerator is faced by many. The main thing is to timely eliminate aromas that cause discomfort.