Many people are familiar with the situation when a stain from the ink of a ball or gel pen appears on their favorite clothes, which, it would seem, cannot be removed with powder or other modern detergents. However, do not give up ahead of time and dispose of the thing. There are many ways to remove ink from clothing.
The most common methods
Before removing ink from a pen from clothes, it is important to take into account that the structure of the fabric itself primarily affects the choice of cleaning method. For example, the use of chemically aggressive substances can cause serious damage that cannot be fixed. In this case, how to get the ink out? From clothes they are washed in various ways.
Among the most popular and popular means are:
- Imported washing powders and stain removers.
- "Antipyatin." This is soap containing bile. With it, you can get rid of even the most persistent pollution.
- Alcohol and ammonia.
- Starch and talc.
- Dishwashing gels or powders.
- Lemon juice.
Those who ask, “How to remove ink from clothing?” Should understand that this will require a quick and stable chemical reaction. To get the desired result, just follow a simple instruction:
- Do not rub or soak a fresh ink stain on clothing. Thus, it will only become larger, which can subsequently affect the rate of its elimination. It is best to attach a small piece of toilet paper or tissue to it. It absorbs a maximum of paint, which will facilitate the implementation of the task.
- To brighten the stain, you need to use an absorbent. As a rule, starch, chalk, baby powder, talcum powder act as such agents. These products prevent further ink absorption.
- A special stain remover is one of the most popular ways to remove ink from clothing. Before using the stain remover, it is important to familiarize yourself with its instructions. Most often, the manufacturer offers to apply the product on a stain and leave for 10 minutes. After manually washing the clothes or loading them into the washing machine with the addition of a stain remover to ordinary powder.
It should be taken into account that only cold water should be used for soaking.
Tips to listen to
Those who still do not know how to wipe the ink from the pen from the clothes should familiarize themselves with the verified recommendations, compiled on the basis of the feedback of those people who were able to successfully solve the problem in question. They state the following:
- In the event that there was no stain remover in the house, as an alternative, you can use ordinary pharmacy products. So, for example, ammonia is one of the worthy and effective replacements. We moisten ordinary cotton wool in it and apply it to the stain. Repeat the procedure until the pollution brightens. In the end, the thing must be washed using detergent.
- If the ink turned out to be gel-based, then just use lemon juice or milk. Due to their natural origin, they penetrate deep into pollution as quickly as possible. This is a great way to get gel ink off clothes that take no more than 15 minutes.
- Laundry soap is a universal cleaning tool used most often in everyday life. Apply it to the stain, actively with three and rinse with water. True, this method is not always effective. It is suitable for lightly soiled items.
- You can get rid of stains on silk fabric in the following order: we prepare a mixture of water and mustard powder. Apply to the stain and leave alone for a day. Then rinse the clothes.
How to remove stain from different types of tissues: general recommendations
In order not to harm the clothes, you must follow certain precautions, as well as remember about the features of each type of fabric. It is recommended to pay attention to the following rules:
- Do not use an acid composition for a long time. It is important to take into account that alcohol-containing chemicals or citric acid behave quite aggressively. Therefore, with prolonged contact with the tissue, it can be ruined. Often, white spots may appear on colored clothing.
- Do not use boiling water. When exposed to hot water, ink only penetrates deeper into the deeper layers of the fabric.
In the case when after the first application of the above tips it was not possible to achieve the proper result, it is not recommended to reuse chemical compositions.
How to remove ink stains from various fabrics
- Alcohol solution will become an indispensable tool for clothes sewn from cotton fabric. We wait until the spot becomes lighter and erase as usual.
- Ammonia in combination with hydrogen peroxide is the best mix for products that use dense cotton. To create a concentrate, we use a combination of 1: 1. Next, we clean the pollution with a laundry soap.
- For silk, kefir is best suited. To start, we warm it up a bit and apply it to clothes. Wash then follows in manual mode.
- For denim, laundry soap and a stiff brush are best. However, if the stain is large, it is best to use alcohol.
How to deal with old pollution
For this purpose, it is best to use only proven methods:
- Six parts of water are added to an equal mixture of hydrogen peroxide and ammonia. Apply to the stain, wait, start to wash only after two hours.
- Two teaspoons of glycerin, turpentine and ammonia (in the amount of five teaspoons) must be mixed and applied to the stain. After a couple of hours, wash as usual.
- Use of shaving foam is allowed. Periodically, you need to check how well it is absorbed. After the stains disappear, you can wash them with your hands or in the washing machine.
It should be taken into account that other areas of tissue can be involved in the process of stain removal. In addition, it is not recommended that chemical solutions get on bare skin.
If the method of removing ink from clothes has already been selected, do not rush and go directly to its use. To begin with, it is important to determine the order of your own actions. To ensure security, it is recommended that you follow a series of the following rules:
- The entire stain removal procedure must be done before the item is sent to the washing machine.
- If you plan to use emulsions or mixtures based on a caustic alcohol base, it is recommended not to work without protective gloves.
- To remove the stain, use the wrong side and start from the edge of the product, gradually moving to the center. So the spot does not exactly spread.
- It is imperative to put a napkin on while cleaning. The paper will gradually absorb ink.
If ink gets on clothes, then, subject to the simplest rules, everyone will be able to extend the life of their favorite thing. The main thing is to remember the precautionary measures and in no case do not work with aggressive chemicals without gloves. In particular, this rule applies to people with hypersensitive skin prone to an allergic reaction.