Marketing can be imagined as a holistic concept of the organization’s management activities, characterized by a single system of functions, goals, principles and ensuring the creation, production and sale of goods that meet the existing and, more importantly, potential demand of consumers. The main marketing concepts are actions with a certain bias with the main goal is to increase sales in the long run.
A concept is a way of interpreting, understanding any phenomenon, subject, process. In marketing theory, the following basic marketing concepts exist:
1) The production concept, which sets as its main goal - the growth of production volumes of the assortment of goods that currently exist. According to this scheme, profit growth occurs due to production growth. If the production is improved, it will be possible to reduce the cost of goods by increasing its output, and this will lead to lower prices for the consumer and increase demand.
2) Commodity concept. The main goal of this basic marketing concept is to develop new types of products and modernize existing ones. It is assumed that the buyer is interested in these products, and also knows about the existence of its analogues and makes its choice by comparing price and quality with similar products from other manufacturers.
3) Sales marketing concept. The main goal of the marketing marketing concept is the active promotion of goods on the market. Promotion is reduced to the implementation of active advertising campaigns, the use of discounts, exhibitions, lotteries, markdowns and aggressive methods of implementation. A significant role will be played by the packaging of the product, which gives it distinctive features.
4) The concept of traditional marketing. She focuses the company on the buyer. The activities of the enterprise, in accordance with this concept, begins with the identification of the needs of the existing and potential customers. The competitive advantage will be with the company whose offer will most suit the needs of the buyer.
5) Socially responsible marketing. The main goal of this concept is to satisfy the needs and requirements of the target market, provided that energy, material, human resources and environmental protection are preserved. The company, together with a study of the needs of a real and potential buyer, analyzes the public interest and seeks to satisfy it.
6) The concept of marketing interaction. In this concept, the emphasis is on establishing long-term relationships with partners and customers in the process of non-commercial and commercial interaction with them. The main idea of the concept - the object of marketing management - is the relationship with the buyer and other participants in the interaction process, and not an aggregate solution. Correctly built relationships according to this marketing scheme bring an increase in the number of successful transactions and company profits, which they are primarily oriented towards. This concept increases the importance of personal contacts and personality in a system of effective relationships. With this concept, responsibility for decisions made is shared by all personnel.
The concept of interaction marketing assumes that the success of a campaign depends on stability in relations with partners and the number of repeated requests from customers.
All these basic marketing concepts contribute to increasing the profitability of the enterprise. However, it should be remembered that the application of a particular concept depends on the specific situation on the market.
In order to be able to effectively use the basic concepts of marketing, it is necessary to clearly establish the goals of the business, as well as the internal and external environmental conditions.