Most pensioners prefer to spend old age at home, within their walls. However, it happens that an elderly person does not have children or close relatives who can provide proper care. In this case, you just need to know how to get into the nursing home.
Registration in a public institution
Every year more and more lonely elderly people are recorded who are not able to provide a good life for themselves. The only way out is a nursing home. Of course, one cannot say that the living conditions there are at the highest level. However, employees provide the necessary care for each guest. In addition, do not forget that communication with other people in old age also plays an important role.
How to get into nursing homes, you can find out in the social security authorities at the place of residence of the person. There you will need to write a statement and provide a package of documents for registration.
What documents will be needed:
- Passport of the applicant person.
- Health insurance policy - in the original.
- Pensioner's ID.
- If there is a disability, it is mandatory to provide a certificate.
When all the necessary papers have been prepared, they must be transferred to the social service so that they will check everything. A special commission will be appointed, whose duties include checking the living conditions in which the pensioner is located, and whether he has any relatives. If it is confirmed that an elderly person is not able to look after himself, then he will be assigned to a boarding house, a conclusion and a direction to stay there will be issued.
Who can get into a nursing home
Before you get into the nursing home, you must definitely fill out a special form in the social protection authorities and provide a complete package of necessary documents. The candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Age category. Men must be at least 60 years old, women at least 55.
- The presence of disabilities of the first and second groups, confirmed by a certificate.
- Veterans of the war.
In institutions of this type, persons with disabilities of the first, second group or those pensioners who suffer from senile dementia can be registered. In addition to the application and documents, the guardian or relative will need to submit a certificate from the attending physician, which confirms the pensioner's diagnosis.
Depending on the disability group or degree of disability, special care will be prescribed. Each particular case is considered taking into account many secondary factors.
Payment for stay in a boarding house
In most cases, pensioners are sent to a state nursing home. How to get there, who will pay for the stay - these and other questions are being clarified by the social protection authorities.
There are two main options for the development of events:
- A pensioner pays for his own stay from his pension. Usually it takes 75% of the amount to pay, the other 25% is given to the person.
- It is possible that a pensioner has children, but they live abroad and cannot provide parental attention and care. In this case, any close relatives can pay for accommodation in a nursing home.
Who transfers the pensioner's property
When filling out documents, you need to know not only how you can get into the nursing home, but also who will get the pensioner's property. There are three scenarios:
- In the event that the elderly person has children or other close relatives, they have every right to dispose of the property that remains.
- If the pensioner has no one, he can transfer the property or other property to the boarding house in which he will live. This will be a payment for his maintenance and stay in a nursing home.
- In the event that the pensioner has no relatives and he has not transferred his property to anyone, the state has every right to take everything into its ownership.
Private boarding house - worthy old age for everyone
Today, boarding houses are not only state-owned, but also private. Institutions of this type are considered the best for retirees who want to meet old age with dignity. Private nursing homes are characterized by the best care for guests, a high level of comfort and qualified medical care. Here, pensioners will not only communicate with other people of their age, but also receive the necessary treatment.
However, it is worth noting that not everyone can afford such a luxury. If state institutions are crowded, then there are a lot of private places. The point is the cost of living: it is very high. If you are interested in how to get to live in a nursing home, then contact the social service, where they will provide you with a list of public and private institutions.
Benefits of Nursing Home
Of course, many can say that it is terrible - when an elderly person spends old age in such a place. But, if you look at this question from the other side: what to do to those pensioners who have no one who just wants to meet old age with dignity? Only one way out - a nursing home. How to get there is very easy to find out, the main thing is to prepare the necessary documents.
So, consider the benefits that can be distinguished in boarding houses:
- The elderly are provided with round-the-clock care.
- Good nutrition, mainly dietary, which is safe for the senior citizen.
- The presence of special strollers, comfortable beds for those who cannot walk on their own.
- Varied leisure activities - walks, books, games.
- Permanent examination by specialized doctors, drug treatment.
- Communication with their peers.
- You can pay for your stay in a public institution from your pension.
- If there are relatives, they can visit a pensioner on any day off and even sometimes travel to the city for a walk.
It does not matter whether it is a public institution or a private one, a nursing home is a great option for those retirees who want to feel needed and confident. Constant communication, care from the staff of the boarding house and other criteria give the guests smiles, which perfectly affects the general state of health.
Psychological and medical assistance
Every person who ends up in a nursing home needs ongoing help. Moreover, not only medication, but also psychological.
In any institution there is a staff of experienced doctors who constantly monitor the condition of guests. In addition, do not forget that pensioners will be able to communicate with each other at any time. This is actually a huge plus. At home, in four walls, sometimes there is a feeling of helplessness and uselessness. This will not happen in a nursing home. Constant communication will make you feel much better, learn a lot from your peers and even make friends. Indeed, without friends it is impossible, regardless of age.
How to get to a retirement home
How to get into a boarding house for a pensioner who cannot take care of himself, has no relatives and has difficulty moving? In fact, there is a way out of this situation. If you don’t have access to social services, you can just call them and ask them to come home. Submit to the employees all the necessary documents for registration, and they will take care of everything.
Do not be afraid: there you will be provided not only with medical care, but also with psychological help.
How to get into nursing homes, now it has become more clear. It is not necessary that all the people there were abandoned by their families. It is possible that they simply have no one, and the boarding house has become a second home. It is very important for such people that they do not spend old age alone.
How to get into nursing homes and what you need to do to do this:
- Contact the social security authorities.
- Fill out the application and check if you are eligible.
- Decide who will get your property. If there are no relatives, then the best option would be to transfer the property to the boarding house as payment for accommodation with them.
- Wait for the execution of all documents (usually this does not take much time).
- To spend old age in the circle of their peers, to find proper care and good mood.
Now you know how to get into nursing homes and why you need it. You personally do not need this, but you know an incompetent neighbor who has nobody to look after, help her, give her a decent old age in a circle of care and communication with people. A boarding house will be a real salvation, a find for that category of pensioners who want to enjoy life and not feel lonely.