What qualities from the point of view of an ordinary consumer should modern building materials have? This is an original and beautiful appearance, good quality and simple rules for working with them during decoration. Often, I want to make repairs quickly and efficiently, without contacting professional construction organizations.
Laminate - a finishing material related to the middle price segment, for its remarkable performance properties will for a very long time take first place in the ranking of the most popular floor coverings. One very important parameter of this material is its extremely simple laying method, which even an inexperienced, unprofessional builder can handle. We are talking about the types of laminate with the so-called castle compound, which does not require the use of glue. How to lay the laminate in a glueless way? There is a certain sequence of actions and some rules that will help to successfully cope with this work.
1. Proper installation of the laminate begins with the preparation of the surface of the subfloor. Usually - this is a cement screed, which should be smooth. If there are any defects, then they are eliminated, the irregularities are aligned. If necessary, the subfloor is poured with another layer of a cement-based leveling compound. How to lay a laminate on a wooden base? If the basis of the floor are boards, then they are sewn up with sheets of 7-10 mm plywood. And already laminate is laid on it. After thorough preparation of the base floor, they proceed to the second stage of work.
2. Now you need to lay the substrate on the cement floor. It is necessary to use it, firstly, for the depreciation of the laminate flooring when walking, and secondly, for heat and sound insulation. On some, more expensive types of laminate, the substrate is already in the form of an additional layer on the back of the board. If there is no such layer, then a special material of polyurethane or a thin cork coating is laid on the floor base. Strips of material are overlapped with a small gap. So that they do not move during operation, they are connected with adhesive tape.
3. Laminate packaging must be kept indoors for several days. After that, you can start laying work. Stack boards in rows, i.e. each subsequent row is shifted by a certain distance relative to the previous one, so that the joints of the boards in the rows do not coincide. On each board of a laminate there is a groove and a profile latch. When laying, the groove is inserted into the latch, and with a characteristic click, the boards are firmly connected to each other. So, row after row cover the entire surface of the floor. There is one very important rule. The laminate is laid indented from the wall by 1 cm around the entire perimeter of the room. This must be done, since the laminate has the property of expanding under the influence of temperatures, which can lead to deformation of the floor covering.
4. How to lay laminate flooring in rooms where wet cleaning is necessary? As a rule, laminate floors cannot be washed with water. Only light wet cleaning is allowed . To correct this circumstance, and to protect the boards from exposure to excessive moisture, use a special sealant that is applied to the groove at the junction of the boards and forms an elastic moisture-resistant layer that protects the coating.
5. How to lay the laminate diagonally. You can arrange the boards not only along or across the room, but also diagonally. This way of laying allows you to visually expand the room, to give it a more original look. Laminate boards are also laid apart, moving from one corner of the room to the opposite. It should be borne in mind that you need about one third more material than with standard installation. You will also have to use an electric jigsaw or saw more often, adjusting the boards to the desired size.
Laminate with castle glueless connection is very convenient for decoration of small residential premises. How to lay a laminate will be prompted by our advice, and everything else depends on patience and accuracy.