Recently, the popularity of bean bags is gaining momentum. Even someone who has recently met with a sewing machine can sew such an element of furniture. How to make a chair bag with your own hands is described in detail in this master class. This representative of frameless furniture will be loved by both large and small family members. It is so convenient to sit back in front of the TV or read an interesting book. The chair bag fits perfectly into the interior of any room.Master class: do-it-yourself bean bags
When choosing fabric, consider the color scheme of the room. If you plan to place a bean bag chair in a children's bedroom, then opt for fabrics with a fabulous motif. A jeans bag is suitable for a teenager. The chair for adults can be both monophonic and with an ornament.
Fillers - polystyrene balls - are sold in a minimum volume equal to one cubic meter. Given that for one bag you need 0.3-0.5 cubic meters of balls, it is best to make two chairs at once. To sew the bean bags with your own hands, first decide on the material. For each, two types of fabric are needed - on the inner cover and on the outer. The inner one is best sewn from dense cotton fabrics (calico, satin), and the outer one is made from muslin, dense linen, and upholstery fabric.
To make chair bags with your own hands, you will need:
- sewing machine;
- paper for a pattern;
- fabric for two covers;
- filler made of polystyrene balls (ball diameter 3-5 mm);
- zipper (at least half a meter).
- Before you make bean bags with your own hands, do the cutting. On the pattern ¼ part of the pattern. It must be transferred to a four-fold large sheet of paper. From point 1 to point 2 set aside 20 centimeters, and from point 1 to point 3 - 50 centimeters. You can use graph paper and transfer the pattern to the fabric proportionally.
- Open the fabric. To do this, put the pattern on the fabric, fix it with sewing pins and circle with a pencil. Add allowances for the seams - 1-1.5 cm. For the outer part, add another 1-1.5 centimeters - the cover should be slightly larger than the inside. Repeat the same procedure for the second seat. You should get two sets, each with 6 parts for both covers.
- Take the two parts of the inner case. Then fold them with their faces, fix with pins and sew. Stitch another piece. When you sew the last, sixth, do not sew to the edge of 10-15 centimeters. A filler will fall asleep through this gap. Do the same with the inner cover of the second bean bag chair.
- Lay the front side of one part of the outer case on the other. Pins with pins, stitch them. Add one piece at a time. Last, sixth, do not attach to the first, until you sew a zipper. The zipper is best placed at the top edge. Then stitch the details from the zipper to the bottom edge. Do not forget to lay the seams along the sewn zipper. The zipper can be replaced with buttons or Velcro tape.
- Turn out the bottom cover and fill 2/3 of its volume with balls. Sew a gap manually. Repeat with the second bean bag chair.
- Turn out the outer cover, pull it on the inner one, filled with balls, and fasten the zipper. It remains to do the same with the second chair. Everything, soft chair bags are ready.