Wi-Fi wireless technology is ubiquitous today. This radio standard provides for the transmission of a signal at a frequency of 2.4 GHz. For practical purposes, it is used for switching an interactive connection between an access point and a subscriber’s device. The quality of the transmitted signal directly depends on the built-in or external repeater. You can expand the capabilities of the router if you know how to make a Wi-Fi antenna with your own hands. Next, we consider several methods and step-by-step instructions for them.
Amplifier from CD packaging
To make it quite simple from improvised materials, subject to the main rule: the distance from copper elements to the reflective surface of the disk should be strictly 15 millimeters.
The procedure consists of several stages:
- Usual plastic packaging for 25 discs is taken.
- The locking protrusion must be cut at a distance of 16-18 mm.
- Using a file on a plastic spindle, slotted slots are made to fix the double rhombus.
- The biquadrat (rhombus) is made of copper wire with a diameter of 2.5 mm.
- At this stage, you must be careful, because it is the most important. Take 300 mm of copper cable, protect the surface, bend a rhombus from a wire. The distance between the centers is observed strictly within 30 mm. If the whole procedure is carried out correctly, the result will be a double geometric figure.
- Then the ends of the wire are sealed, and a place is prepared for attaching the coaxial cable.
Antenna for Wi-Fi router: assembly and verification
In the next step, you need to attach the obtained biquadrat to the spindle, observing a vertical distance of 16 mm at all points. Using a soldering iron, the ends of the wire are fixed. Using silicone glue, attach a standard CD to the bottom of the box. By means of the same adhesive, a double rhombus is fixed on the spindle.
Then do-it-yourself wifi antenna connects to the router (router). The photo below shows a diagram of how to do this. Experienced craftsmen can unsolder the standard antenna and attach a new amplifier, however, you need to be very careful here, since thin conductors can detach from the board under the influence of high temperature. An easier way is to install the new fixture using the SMA connector. The result, despite the simplicity of the process, will delight you.
Such a DIY Wi-Fi antenna is not more difficult to manufacture than the previous version. The device will enhance the signal, which in the apartment is weakened by partitions and furniture. The design in question is simple and cheap.
For the manufacture of the device will require the following elements:
- wardrobe trempel;
- a couple of liter cans of beer or soft drinks;
- ordinary soldering iron and solder;
- wire (50 ohms);
- connecting connector.
The trempel can be replaced with a metal-plastic tube, which is used both indoors and outdoors, since it is little exposed to weathering.
Further, the amplifier for the antenna is manufactured in compliance with the following steps:
- Holes are made in the bottom of the cans, after which they are put on the bottom of the trempel or pipe.
- Slots in the cans are made in such a way as to avoid excessive interference or slipping of the part. The pipe is looped and equipped with a suitable clamp.
- A similar antenna for a Wi-Fi router, located on a trempel, requires stripping the soldering place, after which the ends of the wire are soldered to the banks one at a time. The other end of the cable is fixed to the connector used to connect to the access point.
- If a metal-plastic pipe is used as the base, both cans are soldered to the main wire. Between them, you can equip the adapter and fix the feeder on one of the cans. A metal foil located in the cavity of the tube will act as an antenna screen. In order to solder the braid to the foil, it is necessary to carefully make an incision and remove the protective film. The mounting location should be fixed and insulated.
Do-it-yourself wifi antenna from tin plate
For the manufacture of this design will require a tin sheet measuring 222 by 490 millimeters. It must be bent in the form of a trough. Then, around the perimeter of the core, eight holes are made at the same distance. At the edges they should be 8 * 2 in diameter, and in the middle 8 * 8 mm. These jacks will serve as locations for vibrators. These elements are easiest to make from tinned food tin, and then solder them into the prepared nests.
The amplifier for the antenna made of tin requires maximum accuracy while observing the dimensions. Do not forget to make holes for the racks. Their diameter depends on the thickness and characteristics of the material used as a holder. On the side of the vibrators, it is advisable to fill the joint joints with varnish or wax to prevent moisture from entering. Any connector can be used for connection (BNC, N, F). The last element is easiest to insulate. A homemade Wi-Fi antenna is connected to the router by the second end of the wire with the corresponding connector.
During installation, it is desirable to achieve direct visibility of the transmitting and receiving amplifiers. Keep in mind that deciduous trees jam the signal. The connecting cable should be as short as possible. If this fails, do not use PCI cards.
As a rule, it will be enough to use a regular white cable in tight insulation (RG-6U), since more expensive options have the same effect. With a large air pollution and saturation of the WI-FI zone, it is permissible to change the polarization of the amplifier if the connection is made between two identical points. Several methods have been discussed above, how to make a Wi-Fi antenna with your own hands? Customer reviews indicate that such a device has almost the same effect as a factory device, while its cost is an order of magnitude lower.