Baseball is considered an American national sport. A key feature is that baseball defense controls the ball. The sport is quite specific, but its rules are easy to understand. Enough of watching and one match.
Learning to speak correctly
One of the main misconceptions associated with baseball rules is “how many pinschers are on the base.” Let's get it right and remember that there are no pinschers in baseball. How many pinschers are there? Zero. Therefore, the correct answer to the question of how many pinschers on the base in baseball by the rules, in principle, does not exist. There are pitchers in baseball - these are the players who throw the ball into the so-called house. The word comes from the English pitch - step, height. If you suddenly hear: “How many pinchers are at the base?”, Know - the person asks who does not understand baseball asks. Pincher is a breed of dog, and nothing more.
The baseball field looks more like a square and is divided into several parts - the base.
Baseball is a team game with two main characters: a striker and a defender. The role of the defender is performed by the pitcher, who throws the ball. The striker performs the role of the striker, who stands at the base and tries to hit the ball. After the batter hits the ball, he can move to the next base and occupy it. This rule works if defense players were unable to catch the ball right away or catch and deliver the ball to first base faster than the attacker gets there. The batter, who has performed a good blow, becomes a runner (running). In his hands he no longer has bits and he can move around the field.
These are the most important foundations on which all baseball rests. The essence of the game is simple: hit the ball and run all the bases.
Further development of the match
After the batter hit the ball and was able to take the base, the next batter enters the field. This player has exactly the same task - to hit the ball as far as possible so that no one catches him. The pitcher is trying to throw the ball so that it could not hit. After a new batter enters the field, the score of the “house" is reset. Attempts to submit can be any number, but there are some rules:
- If the serve was in the strike zone and the batter could not hit the ball, then the striker is awarded a “strike”. If the batter gains three strikes, then he sits on the bench. This is called a strike out. Strike-out is a type of out. The task of defense is to make three outs to go on the attack or finish the inning.
- If the pitcher throws the ball outside the strike zone and the batter does not respond (does not wave the bat) to the pitch, then the pitcher is awarded a “ball”. When the pitcher makes 3 balls, the batter can easily go to first base. This is called a free run or free base.
- The pitcher passes the ball outside the strike zone and the batter manages to make a shot, this does not affect the score “in the house” and the game continues.
What the strike zone looks like is clearly shown in the picture below.
Baseball Team Composition
- The composition of the team may not exceed 25 players.
- How many pitchers are on the team? There is no clear rule in baseball that determines the number of players of a particular role. The main thing is to maintain a limit of 25 baseball players.
- The composition of the team is divided into catchers, pitchers, butter, fielders. A catcher is a player who is behind the batter, and he is a member of the defense team. The pitcher is the main defender throwing the ball. Batter - striker with a bat in his hands. Fielder is a defender in the field trying to catch the ball.
Do you remember that the question of how many “pinschers” in baseball by the rules has no basis? Baseball bases are occupied by fielders that prevent attackers from taking over the bases. It will be difficult for an ignorant person to answer how many “pinschers” are on the base, and reviews can be different. The matter may go to the argument, but do not worry about it. It is better to continue to learn the rules of baseball.
Subtleties of the rules and the course of the match
A baseball match starts with a starting pitch. The first throw is always made by the home team. A baseball match has no time limit. In this sport, the meeting is divided into distinctive segments - innings. Each inning contains the defense and attack of each team. The team that managed to earn more points wins. If after nine innings a tie is recorded, an additional innings is appointed in which the rules do not change.
- When the batter manages to make a strong blow and immediately take second base for it, this is called a double. Triple is also possible - this is if the batter manages to take third base in one hit. A batter who takes up one base after a hit is given a single.
- If the pitcher hits the batter with the ball, then this is called a hit by pitch or an error. In this case, the batter is given the right to a free base.
- A team can have an unlimited number of players at each base. The main thing is to have time to get to the "house".
- Baseball is called the place where the batter is located. There are also a catcher and an empire. Ampair is a judge who monitors the strike zone and makes appropriate decisions.
- The batter who knocks the ball out of the playing field for the ball gains the right to freely pass all bases. If besides him there are no players occupying the base - this is a solo home run. In the case of busy bases, the home run is called a double or triple home run.