Many people experience such an unpleasant problem as ear congestion. The fact is that flying on airplanes, going up and down in an elevator, as well as riding on a carousel such as a roller coaster can cause these sensations. It is one thing if this happened in such a situation - then you should not worry, the hearing itself will recover for some time. But another thing is when this happens for unknown reasons. Let’s take a look at the topic “If your ears are stuffy” together . What to do at the same time, where to turn and how to deal with such a problem? Let's try to find answers to these questions together.
Flattened ears. What to do in such a situation?
The first step is to find the reason, if it is, of course, possible. If you understand it (you just left the elevator, took off on an airplane, etc.), then in this situation a few simple exercises will help:
Cold. Stuffy ear. What to do in this case?
- Yawn several times as wide as possible.
- Chew the chewing gum.
- Take a little more air into the chest, pinch your nose with your hands, close your mouth and try to exhale as hard as you can through the ears. If everything is done correctly, then you will hear a light pop, and your hearing will immediately improve. But this is contraindicated for those who have previously suffered an eardrum injury.
During a cold, none of us is safe from ear pain. In this case, the exercises listed above can no longer be dispensed with. Even during a runny nose, you may feel that your ears are blocked. What to do? If this really happened, immediately rinse the nasal passage with saline. You can apply a vodka or salt compress, wrapping your head in a warm shawl. But this can only be done if you are sure that there is no inflammation.
Other causes of congestion in the ears and their solution
- Earlier transferred otitis media. What to do with a stuffy ear after this disease? Of course, consult a doctor. Only he can determine the presence of adhesions formed on the eardrum and prescribe treatment.
- Water ingress. If this is actually so, then it should immediately be removed from the ear canal, otherwise the feeling of discomfort will not disappear. Clean your ear with a cotton swab and make a few swallowing movements. Water will go into the nasopharynx - and the feeling of stuffiness will disappear.
- The presence of sulfur plugs. In this case, you can drop a few drops of almond oil in your ear and plug the passage with cotton wool. After a while, you can safely remove the already softened sulfur with cotton buds. But if you are not confident in your abilities, then it is better to contact a qualified specialist who can easily remove the cork from your ears.
- Impaired functioning of the auditory nerve. Such a problem can occur in patients suffering from arterial hypertension or having undergone ischemic brain damage. In these cases, it is better to consult a doctor for advice.
Do not delay treatment. You need to solve the problem in a "fresh wake". If you don’t know why your ears are blocked, what to do and how to fix the problem, never self-medicate. Seek medical advice.