Funchoza (starch noodles) does not even contain a gram of flour. This special noodle is made from mung bean starch. When boiling, it acquires a transparent color. For this, funchose is called “glass noodles” in Russia, and “cellophane” in English-speaking countries.
Perhaps, for its original appearance, starch noodles spread far beyond Asia. Photos of dishes with her look bright and appetizing.
The taste of funchose is absolutely neutral. Therefore, when preparing dishes with it, special attention should be paid to sauces.
In this article, we will talk not only about how to cook store funchose, but also how to cook it at home. Believe me, this is not as difficult as it seems at first glance.
The benefits and harms of funchose
European dieticians were the first to take starch noodles. After all, with a caloric content of only 320 units per 100 grams of product, a funchose is a very satisfying side dish.
Another advantage of Chinese noodles is its absolute hypoallergenicity. Since there is no flour in it, it can be consumed by people who do not tolerate gluten.
Vitamins PP and group B as part of funchose improve the functioning of the nervous and hematopoietic systems. It is rich in noodles and useful trace elements: phosphorus, zinc, manganese and other substances. They contribute to the emergence of new cells, strengthen their membranes.
Therefore, the inhabitants of Asia, who often eat funchose, look so young, among them there are many long-livers. For cooks, starch noodles are a real find. After all, it does not have its own taste, so it goes well with any products - mushrooms, meat, fish, vegetables. In Asia, even desserts are made from funchose.
Students and tourists appreciate this noodle for its ease of preparation. After all, there are such types of funchoses that it is enough to pour cool boiling water and insist under the lid for three minutes to get an edible product.
We will tell you how to cook starch noodles, as they say, from scratch. Is it possible to make dough for funchose at home?
Starch noodles: how to cook it yourself
Of course, in Russia it is difficult to get mung bean. But starch from this plant can be replaced by any other: from cassava, yams, sweet potato, corn, potatoes. The main thing is that the noodles should not contain flour. We will need to cook:
- Starch - 350 grams.
- Eggs - three pieces.
- Salt is a pinch.
- A bit of warm water.
If you do not have a special machine for forming pasta, it’s better not to take up work. The starch dough is very brittle, easily tears. Roll it into a thin layer will not work. Step-by-step instructions for preparing homemade funchose are given below:
- First, beat the eggs with salt. Add starch.
- Knead the dough. If it comes out too steep, add water. If liquidy - add a little more starch.
- Tear off a piece of dough, sprinkle it with starch and pass through the rollers of the machine to get a thin layer.
- Dry it on a towel.
- We pass through the device again, now for cutting with thin threads.
Such noodles can be stored in the refrigerator in a tightly closed glass jar, protecting the product from excessive moisture.
Many types of noodles are sold in stores. Like spaghetti, it is divided by the diameter of pasta. This must be taken into account, since the time of its preparation depends on the thickness of the noodles.
Cook it according to the principle of any other pasta, that is, throw in salted boiling water, and then drain the water and filter the noodles through a colander. But here there are secrets that you need to know.
How to cook starch noodles so that it does not stick together in a tight lump? In stores, funchose is sold in the form of rings. Correctly cook such products as follows:
- Take a pan with a wide bottom. Pour water into it.
- Put on fire. When it boils, add salt.
- We will pass through the right amount of funchose rings a stern thread.
- Dip the noodles in boiling water.
Here you must strictly adhere to the cooking instructions. There is a thin (like a cobweb) noodles that you do not need to cook at all.
It is poured with boiling water, allowed to swell under the lid, and then filtered. Other types of funchose are boiled for 3-4 minutes. To prevent the noodles from sticking, add a tablespoon of vegetable oil to the boiling water.
Dishes with funchose. General rules
Such a product itself is tasteless. But it is an ideal side dish that goes well with anything. There are many recipes with starch noodles. Using any of them, you should first do the second component of the dish.
Ready funchose has one unpleasant feature: it dries quickly, so you can not store it for a long time.
If the finished funchose stands a little (for example, while you cook the gravy), it will lose its translucent appearance, darken, and become covered with a hard crust. If you are cooking noodles with sauce, remove the balls from boiling water, brush them on a thread, remove the rings directly into the gravy in a pan.
For other dishes (salads, desserts), funchose should be washed under a stream of warm water. What about readiness? Starch noodles need to be boiled, like Italian pasta, to the state of al dente.
It's time to present starch noodle recipes with photo dishes. Perhaps the most famous dish is the Korean chapce.
Residents of the Russian Far East have long borrowed this recipe from their southern neighbors, modifying it a little. We will tell you how to cook a real Korean chapchet. This is how it is served in Seoul's restaurants.
- Two cloves of garlic and a few feathers of green onions finely chopped.
- Mix in a bowl 4 tablespoons of soy sauce, 2 tbsp. l vegetable oil and 1 tbsp. l Mirina.
- Add onion with garlic to this marinade.
- Beef without bones and veins (200 grams) cut into long thin strips. Pickle in the prepared liquid for half an hour.
- During this time, cut into thin strips of six champignons, one carrot and onion, two pods of green or red pepper. You can add greens.
- Remove the meat from the marinade and fry for 5-7 minutes in sesame oil. Add carrots.
- After 5 minutes, put the remaining vegetables and mushrooms in the pan. Fry for another 5 minutes.
- Boil funchozuu (200 grams) and add to meat and vegetables.
- Beat the egg and pour it into another skillet. You can cook a thin layer of omelet.
- Let it cool and cut it into strips. Decorate with these chapters.
Sakhalin Meat Starch Recipe
Now, let's look at how the recipe for Korean dishes in the Russian Far East has changed. To make Sakhalin-style chapcha, significantly less time and products are required.
- We cut 200 grams of beef (but you can cut any other meat without bones, veins and lard), like beef stroganoff.
- Grind one carrot with cubes.
- Fry meat for 10 minutes in vegetable oil. Add carrots.
- Continue to fry, stirring for another 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped half of the bell pepper to the frying pan.
- Five minutes later, add four tablespoons of soy sauce and squeeze out two cloves of garlic through a press.
- Salt, sprinkle with black pepper.
- Stew under the lid for a few more minutes.
- Add boiled funchose (do not wash it). We warm the dish and serve it to the table.
You can sprinkle the finished dish with sesame seeds.
Funchoza with meat in a wok pan
Let us continue to be imbued with Asian culture. Let's try to cook starchy noodles with meat in Chinese. For this dish, you need a special pan with a curved bottom, where the middle is thin and the edges are thick. With such utensils, it is possible to fry foods to a crisp, and then grind them by pushing them to the wall. We will need:
- 300 grams of beef cut into small pieces.
- Thinly chop two carrots and an onion.
- Finely chop 2 garlic cloves.
- We clean the radish and cut into thin strips.
- We heat vegetable oil in a pan.
- Fry the meat in the center of the pan for about 5-7 minutes. Move to the edges.
- In the center we spread all the vegetables except garlic. Fry for three minutes.
- Mix vegetables with meat.
- Pour in soy sauce to taste. Salt, add spices and garlic.
- In parallel, boil 500 grams of funchose.
- Add the noodles to the wok. Mix well and cook for another two minutes.
Chicken with Ginger and Fungose
Chinese starch noodles are cooked in a similar way with other types of meat - chicken, turkey, pork. It is only necessary to ensure that vegetables are combined with the main ingredient. We will cook in a wok pan.
Carrots, Brussels sprouts and cauliflower, leeks, celery root, and fresh ginger (a slice 2 cm long), garlic and a little cayenne pepper are suitable for chicken.
- First, fry the spices in oil.
- We catch the blackened garlic with ginger and discard.
- In aromatic oil, fry the fillet cut into strips.
- We shift to the edge, put vegetables in the center of the pan. If there is not enough oil, add chicken stock.
- When the meat with vegetables is ready, lay out the cooked funchose and heat it for a couple of minutes.
Asian shrimp salad
In the East, there are many recipes for starch noodles with seafood. These are not only hot dishes, but also exotic salads.
- Boil 300 grams of shrimp, clean them.
- We chop the yellow bell pepper, cucumber and two onions into strips, chop a handful of cilantro leaves (you can add mint).
- Boil funchozuu (100 grams), salt with water, but save.
- Wash our noodles and mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- Take 3-4 tablespoons of water, in which funchose was boiled, and make salad dressing on its basis. Add to it two tablespoons of sesame oil and lemon juice.
- Squeeze out two garlic cloves. Add a teaspoon of soy sauce and add two pinches of curry.
- We boil this marinade for two minutes over high heat (it must be constantly stirred).
- Pour marinade prepared salad. Sprinkle it with fresh green cilantro.
Hot appetizer with red fish
Starch noodles go well not only with seafood, but also with other gifts of the oceans and rivers. To prepare this snack, not only red fish, but also trout is suitable.
- We cut and mill the fish. If necessary, cut into small pieces.
- We chop the onion in half rings, and the carrots in straws.
- In a frying pan, heat the mixture of butter and vegetable oils, pass the vegetables until the onions are transparent.
- Add a teaspoon of sesame seeds.
- After the aroma appears, put the fish in the pan. When it is fully cooked, add the previously boiled funchose.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of soy sauce to the pan, salt, sprinkle with spices.
- We warm the dish well and serve it to the table.
Vegetables and mushrooms will also be a great addition to starch noodles. In Korean cuisine, this combination is often used both in hot dishes and in salads. If there is no Asian mushroom lingzhi, you can take ordinary mushrooms or oyster mushrooms.
- Onion, carrot and sweet pepper shred with a thin straw.
- We clean 200-300 grams of mushrooms, cut into plates.
- We heat the vegetable oil in a pan, separately fry the onions and other vegetables.
- Boil the noodles, rinse it under cold water. For convenience, you can cut funchose with scissors.
- Put the noodles and vegetables into the remaining oil in the pan.
- Add a tablespoon of seeds and sesame oil. Pour in soy sauce to taste, salt, sprinkle with red pepper.
- Mix and warm under the lid for five minutes.
All starch noodle dishes with meat should also contain a large number of vegetables.
- We cut 300 grams of green beans into 3-4 parts, and divide the broccoli into inflorescences.
- Cook these vegetables in salted water for 5 minutes.
- During this time, we cut into longitudinal slices 200 grams of turkey fillet.
- Fry it in vegetable oil until an appetizing crust is formed.
- Add to the pan three tbsp. tablespoons of pine nuts and squeeze through a press two cloves of garlic. Mix.
- Five minutes later, add boiled vegetables and leek cut into rings.
- After seven minutes of intensive stirring, put funchose and pour in soy sauce (to taste).
In Asian cuisine, starch noodles are also used to make sweet foods.
- Boil 200 g of funchose, fill it with a mixture of vegetable and nut oils (one tablespoon each), set aside to cool.
- We cook syrup from 100 grams of sugar and a small amount of water.
- The pulp of apple, peach and pineapple is cut into small cubes. Add fruit to boiling syrup, cook for seven minutes. Cool.
- Mix with funchose. We lay out on portioned bowls.
- Garnish dessert with chopped almonds or walnuts.