Yoga has been known since ancient times. This is a unique combination of spiritual and physical practice that came to us from India. Over many centuries, it has spread throughout the world, has undergone many changes and additions.
Previously, yoga was the whole philosophy of life, the course of Buddhist beliefs. Today, most often, this is the path to healing the body and peace of mind. There are many directions and types of yoga. One of the traditional practices is yoga challenge - pair yoga, or yoga for two.
Yoga Challenge for two has other names: trust yoga, relationship yoga , acroyoga, new age yoga, etc. This is a unique synthesis of hatha yoga and tantra. The direction is often called confidence yoga. Because yoga poses for two are performed by two people together, and each in the process of training counts not only on his strengths and capabilities, but learns to trust his partner. Both must learn to feel each other not only on the physical, but also on the spiritual level. Thus, there is a deeper immersion in practice.
Where to begin?
Before practicing yoga for two, you need to purchase comfortable, non-restrictive clothing. The body must breathe, so the training suit must be made of natural materials. You will also need two rugs that are conveniently connected along the length when performing joint exercises.
Yoga for two can be practiced at home. Use videos or books as training material. But the first steps to do more correctly under the supervision of instructors. They will not only show asanas taking into account the level of difficulty, but also put the necessary emphasis on breathing and concentration.
For every beginner yoga, music is a great helper. She is needed to tune in to classes. Yoga for two is no exception. To make movements more smooth, and breathing even, you can use mantras, light instrumental music, and sounds of nature as accompaniment.
Yoga exercises for two are multivariate. The simplest and most basic are those that do not require special and long preparation of the body, but carry a deep meaning - acquaintance and rapprochement of partners. In terms of physical activity, such exercises are minimal. Gradually, the complexity of execution will increase. But it is important to remember the perspective that yoga provides for two.
Poses for beginners:
- Pashchimottanasana (or plane). With this exercise, the partner sits on the mat, stretching his legs together, forward, socks on himself. He leans forward to his knees, his stomach touches his hips. With insufficient stretching, you can take the position of the embryo, bending your knees for yourself. The second partner at this time gently backs down on the back of another partner. The legs are straight, feet on the floor, hands are also straight behind the head. In such an asana, it is necessary to stay for four respiratory cycles.
- Navasana. Both partners sit facing each other, the distance of outstretched arms. Then follows the girth of each other's wrists and the connection of the feet: the right to the left partner, the left to the right partner, while the knees are bent. The next step: lifting the feet up and straightening the knees. Shoulders relaxed, down. The loin is closed (without deflection). In this position, you need to stay for four respiratory cycles.
- Upavistha konasana. Partners sit opposite each other. Keep legs apart to the maximum. The partners' feet are interconnected. Both first bend to the right side (relative to themselves), clasping the partner's right foot with his right hand. The left hand rests freely on the floor. The head touches the legs, the chest is open. Four respiratory cycles and repeating the same combination to the other side.
More complex asanas include:
- Adho mukha-svasana. Partners stand back to back. Palms fall on the mat, shoulder width apart. The fingers are arranged so that the middle fingers are parallel to each other. The neck and shoulders are relaxed, the gaze is directed to the navel. One partner lifts the left heel and rests on the similarly raised right heel of the other partner. The right leg rises and connects with the left toe of the partner in a similar position, the knee is straightened. From the side, the position of the bodies of the partners should resemble a mirror image. In the asana remain four respiratory cycles. A similar exercise is performed in the opposite direction.
- Dhanurasvana. One partner takes a lying position (or bar). The legs and arms are straightened, the lower back is closed so that the second partner can reliably take the top position. He, in turn, embraces the partner's legs, and puts his legs on his shoulders one by one, thereby performing the same emphasis lying, only in the opposite direction. Exercise is also fixed on four respiratory cycles.
- Dundasana. In this exercise, one partner takes a sitting position on a rug, legs together stretched forward, socks on yourself. The second partner turns his back to the first, puts his legs on both sides of the partner's knees, and hands on his lower legs. Then the second partner alternately feeds the first right foot into the right hand, the left into the left. The arms and legs of both partners are straight. The shoulders are relaxed, the chest is open. From the side, the asana should resemble a square frame. Concentration also occurs in four respiratory cycles.
Despite the outward whimsicality, the usefulness and meaning of the yoga asanas is important . Describing them, of course, can cause confusion, so you need to use videos and photos if classes take place at home.
The defining moment in joint yoga classes is breathing. Without its accounting and control, practice already loses its meaning, turning into ordinary physical education. At the first stages, it is very difficult for both partners to follow the necessary combination of inspirations and exhalations regarding specific asanas. If you try to focus on this when doing exercises, then you can soon learn to feel the breath of not only your own, but also your partner. As a preset, you can try to breathe synchronously without performing asanas.
Yoga for two has several stages of partner interaction. At the first stage, “acquaintance” takes place, when a couple on a tactile level learns to feel each other, namely strength, flexibility, stretching and other physical capabilities. At the next stage, emotional interaction is connected. There is no separation of roles between master and slave. Exercises are performed on an equal footing. Partners complement each other. The third stage is the highest, when the partners intuitively select asanas for themselves and move as a single mechanism. So there is a complete unity of the spiritual and physical, consciousness and body.
Yoga for two is a great opportunity to get closer and start trusting each other, this is a joint path to harmony. Therefore, the practice is ideal for couples, lovers. Classes can also be attended by strangers to each other. Such a union will take longer to get used to each other, but the effect will be colossal. It is very difficult to learn to trust strangers. Yoga poses for two will help develop in a person the ability to feel and understand people at the energy level. A bonus to this is health promotion and getting rid of psychological blocks.
- Before class, you need to warm up the body, stretch. There is a separate asana cycle for this in hatha yoga. Exercises are performed separately.
- For classes you need to take a bottle of water with you. Despite the fact that many call paired practice yoga for the lazy, energy consumption is considerable. Water helps keep you alert. She also, together with therapeutic yoga, cleanses the body.
- Each exercise in pairs should be performed in a calm, relaxed state. In order for the partners to develop inner harmony with the word "yoga", the music should not be too noisy and rhythmic. The ideal volume is average to hear your breath.
- During the asanas, you cannot talk to each other. This disturbs concentration and breathing.
- During classes, you need to monitor your emotional state. Expression turns meditation into pampering and antics.
- Yoga for two is a collaboration. There is no room for rivalry here, who is stronger or more flexible. It is important to keep this in mind.