In order to get a job, especially a highly paid one, you need to create a resume. You can do it yourself, or use templates. There are many such blanks, both in Microsoft Word and on different sites.
But now let's talk about creating a resume in Word using templates.
How to use templates when creating a resume?
Open Microsoft Word and create a new file. When choosing the type of a new document, find the inscription “Template”. The location of this function depends on the version of Word. For example, in Microsoft Word 2013, templates will immediately open after clicking the Create icon. There you will find the Summary tab. However, even if there is no suitable template for you, or you don’t like the one you can download a new version from the Internet.
- Fill out the template with personal information. Write correctly, because even the most beautiful design will not save you if the resume is written without a specific structure and with errors.
In Microsoft Word 2003, a wizard will help you create such a document. Below is a sample resume in Word made using templates.
As a rule, on one page all the required information does not fit.
If there is no template
Next, find out how to make a resume in Microsoft Word yourself.
First you need to determine the structure of the document. What should be in the document?
- Contact information: full name, e-mail, phone number, place of residence, date of birth.
- Work experience or, in the case of students, practice. Even if it was a volunteer organization, it is worthwhile to indicate this in the resume. You can also indicate the number of the former employer or curator so that he can recommend you.
- Education - school, university or courses. You must also indicate the years of study.
- Language skills. It is necessary to list, preferably depending on the level of knowledge, all the languages that you speak. For example, if you know English better than all of the above, put it in first place.
- Skills Here you can list all your skills. Of course, it is better if it concerns the vacancy that you want to take. But here you can enter your hobbies and other acquired skills.
- Participation in conferences, meetings, etc. Here you need to list all the courses and conferences that you took to improve your skills. It is important for employers to know that you are striving for development.
Arrange all these data in the order that is most convenient for you. Contact information can be placed in the fields or on top, everything else - in chronology. For example, first provide information about education, then work experience, etc. Try to create each resume specifically for the vacancy for which you are applying.
The advantage of creating a resume yourself is that all these columns can be moved as you like. But of course, it will take longer than using the template. Choose the most profitable way based on your needs and skills of owning a Word.