How many cups of coffee do you drink during the day? True lovers of an invigorating drink drink about 5 cups a day, and sometimes more. But not all coffee lovers know that coffee leaches calcium from bones and the body as a whole.
At the beginning of the 20th century, only the elite drank coffee in Russia. Each of the upper layers of society drank about 100 grams of the drink per year. After several decades, mental workers began to drink coffee. Nowadays, almost everyone drinks coffee.
Many people like coffee because of its invigorating effect, but there is a flip side to the coin: coffee leaches calcium from the body.
The article will discuss the benefits of coffee, how much harm it brings to the body and how much caffeine is contained in one cup.
Instant coffee or beans?
Morning begins with coffee. Then, during the day, a person drinks a few more cups of this drink. Someone brews a drink in a coffee machine, someone in a Turk, and some drink instant coffee. There is no doubt that grain coffee is much more aromatic, more pleasant and better. Unfortunately, the vast majority drink instant coffee - it saves time.
If you are not able to give up coffee, then give up at least a soluble drink. Below are a few reasons to refuse this type of coffee:
- In a teaspoon of instant coffee, only 3 grams of coffee, and the rest 5 are powder, flavorings and colorings.
- Many mistakenly believe that caffeine from instant coffee is not as detrimental to the human body as caffeine from a grain drink. In fact, caffeine from a soluble drink leaves the body after 10 hours. Caffeine from a grain drink leaves the body after two hours. This means that regular consumption of instant coffee in large quantities can lead to an overdose of caffeine.
- There is instant decaffeinated coffee. He's not as harmless as he seems. This type of coffee contributes to the appearance of kidney stones.
- Instant coffee is contraindicated in people with diseases of the stomach, as it has high acidity. People with this disease are better off adding a little milk to a cup of coffee.
- Preservatives added to instant coffee negatively affect metabolism.
Instant coffee has only two advantages - it is convenient to store and can be quickly prepared. Undoubtedly, for people who are constantly busy, these are weighty arguments.
Coffee Bean Composition
Natural and high-quality coffee boasts some vitamins and minerals:
- magnesium - 199.0 mg;
- sodium - 1.9 mg;
- Vitamin B2 - 0.88 mg;
- calcium - 145.0 mg;
- Vitamin PP - 14.0 mg;
- Vitamin B1 - 0.08 mg;
- iron - 5.6 mg;
- phosphorus - 189.0 mg;
- potassium - 1587.0 mg.
The benefits and harms of coffee for the body
Natural coffee beans have some useful properties:
- The composition of coffee includes antioxidants that can remove radicals from the body that contribute to the aging of the whole body. These antioxidants help the body fight Parkinson's disease and diabetes.
- Natural coffee beans have a stimulating effect on the digestive tract. It prevents colon cancer.
- Caffeine stimulates the body as a whole. After drinking a cup of coffee, the pulse is better heard.
- Caffeine dilates the blood vessels of the brain and can reduce headaches.
Although natural coffee has beneficial properties, it is still not recommended to abuse it.
- Coffee can increase blood pressure and pulse. The high caffeine content in a cup of the drink contributes to sleep disturbance.
- The vigor that coffee gives is short-lived: an hour after a cup of a drink, a person feels a surge of strength and vigor, but three hours later drowsiness appears.
- Coffee leaches calcium from the body, as well as iron and magnesium. Therefore, it is not recommended to drink this drink for pregnant and lactating women.
Is it true that coffee leaches calcium from the body?
When you drink coffee, you upset the natural balance of alkalis and acids that are in the body. Due to caffeine, the natural pH of the stomach rises. When the level of acid rises in the body, calcium begins to be released to compensate for the deficiency of trace elements. But, unfortunately, calcium cannot be absorbed in an acidic environment, so it is excreted from the body naturally.
If you drink a lot of coffee and cannot reduce its quantity, then be sure to eat foods that can make up for calcium deficiency. It is also advisable to take nutritional supplements that contain calcium, zinc and magnesium. Do not ignore this advice. Improper diet and the consumption of large amounts of coffee can contribute to the development of diseases such as atherosclerosis and osteoporosis.
Still, is coffee - good or bad for the body? Rather, as the arguments show, harm. But if you eat and drink vitamins correctly, coffee will become a harmless drink for you.
The amount of caffeine in different types of coffee
The table below shows the amount of caffeine in different types of coffee. It will help you determine how much caffeine you consume daily.
You can determine the amount of caffeine in the drink yourself - the stronger the grain is fried, the lower the level of caffeine.
Sort of coffee
200 milliliter caffeine content
Science is moving forward, and a special sensor has been developed for coffee lovers that detects the amount of caffeine in a cup of an invigorating drink. How does he work? The device's sensor emits a red, yellow or green light signal depending on the amount of caffeine in the drink. With this device, you can find out all about the coffee you drink.
Also, the amount of caffeine in the drink is affected by the way it is made. For example, coffee brewed in a Turk contains much more caffeine than espresso from a coffee machine.
Coffee really removes calcium from the body. But the greatest danger is malnutrition. If you adjust your diet and get all the necessary nutrients from food, you can afford to have a cup of coffee in the morning.
What is the best dosage of coffee per day? 1-2 cups is enough. So you will not harm your body.