The Internet opens up great opportunities: on the Web you can find out any information, sell various products, earn money or just have fun. Opening hundreds of sites during the day, users do not always think about how, by whom and when this or that resource was created. They care only about the contents. However, such information may come in handy. Let's figure out how to find out the date of creation of the site, domain, individual page and even the publication of information on it.
Why is it necessary
For those involved in the creation of sites and their promotion in search engines, knowledge of the age of sites is extremely important. The age of a web page is one of the main factors in ranking and promotion of a promoted website in search engines. The issue of the site in the first ten search results, for example, Yandex, depends on this. Optimizers use this data to conduct search engine analytics and evaluate competitors.
The main thing is not to confuse the age of the site as a whole and the age of the page, since to a greater extent it is the date of the page that shows how long the information has been in the search engine.
Regular users are looking for how to find out the date the site was created, just out of interest. There are many different projects and earning systems on the Web, and someone might be interested in how long the site has been so popular, or how reliable this project is.
Age and site search results
In any search engine, older sites take precedence over younger ones. If a web resource was created no more than a year ago, then most likely this site will not fall into the first positions of a search engine in which a filter for competitive requests is installed. Young sites will not be able to quickly rise and take top places, as they have not yet earned the trust of users. Yes, and search engines are very suspicious of them. For ordinary users, this is also a plus: spammer sites that carry various viruses and simply tricks are removed.
Checking the date of creation of the site will be very useful, because old sites have more trust from the search engines, follow the rules, and the information on them is interesting and reliable. If the resource is kept for a long time in the SERP, users need it and is safe.
Date Detection Methods
So, there are several ways to see the date a site was created from a browser on a computer.
- The easiest way to scroll to the bottom of the main page of the site and see what year it is indicated there. The problem is that scammers do not always write the truth.
- You can view the dates of the very first information blocks with which the site is filled. As a rule, a resource begins to be filled with information as soon as it was created, but publication dates are not the best method for determining the date a site was created. Yes, and "flipping" the resource you will probably have a long time.
- Information on the age of the project can be obtained from other users of this resource, for example, in chat, or ask a question to the administrator.
- It will be useful to look for information on creating a web resource on the site itself. Some creators post such information for general viewing.
- The most effective way to find out the date the site was created is to check its address in a specialized service.
Such services let you know how long an information platform exists.
Date View Creation Services
We’ll show you some effective services and methods on how to find out the site’s creation date quickly.
- Pr-cy.ru. On the main page, enter the address of the site being checked into the line and click the "Analyze" button. At the bottom of the page you will see the age in years, months, and days, and other useful information such as host and IP.
- Ip-whois.net. Once on the site, open the item "Check whois domain", write the address and click "Check". From the list of data that appears, we look at the line where created is written - this is the exact date the web platform was created.
- Whois-service.ru. On this service you can find out what date, month and year the domain was registered, that is, the name and extension of the site. Even if the organizer indicates the duration of their activities, and the date of registration of the domain does not correspond to him, it’s worth considering how honest they are.
- Sprinthost.ru/whois.html. Another way to find out the date the page was created. Enter the address in the line and get detailed information about the domain, the date of its registration and even the expiration date.
There is another service where you can find out all the information about the web page. As a rule, in nix-systems the program is already installed, if it is not there, then you can easily install it yourself. Select the whois command and enter the domain address. You do not need to specify www. In the created line we see the registration date. It is worth considering that the registration date when changing the owner of the site also changes.
Users of the Windows operating system do not have the ability to install and open the Whois utility. Therefore, we enter the service through the browser. Open the domain archive nic.ru/whois. In the search bar, enter the site name and click "Show." After a few seconds, detailed information about the domain will appear on the screen. All in the same line created we find the date of registration.
If the site you need is designated with a different registrar, and not in the whois service, we immediately enter in the search bar “domain information according to the registrar's data ....”. Where there is an ellipsis, we write the service that is indicated in the first search information in the registrar field.
We bring scammers to clean water
The ability to view data on web pages is useful to everyone: both ordinary users who are just interested, and webmasters. This is a reminder that when creating your site you need to honestly indicate the dates and not mislead your users, and possibly potential customers. True information is credible.