For novice webmasters and SEO-optimizers, it is very important to know what ranking is rearranging. What is it and how to apply it - read in this article.
Ranking is ...
This term, despite its complexity, refers to one of the most elementary things in optimizing a site, namely the construction of its hierarchy in search engines under the influence of user requests. Not quite clear? Then we will answer in simple words the question of whether ranking is what it is. This term means the correspondence of the content of the web resource to the request of a specific user and the placement of search results in higher positions.
That is why it is so important for the webmaster to conduct ranking of indicators that will increase the attendance of the resource and, consequently, increase earnings from the site.
The main ranking indicators in search engines such as Yandex and Google include internal and external factors. The first include:
- Text ranking. That is, how much the resource text matches the user's request.
- The quality of the content. This includes the literacy of the text, its naturalness and uniqueness. With literacy and uniqueness, everything is clear - we write according to the rules of the Russian language and try not to copy materials already posted on the Web. And as for naturalness? This refers to the use of words in the text. That is, the search engine calculates the number of occurrences of a word / phrase and compares it with the average value in the database of documents. Thus, the text is checked for "spam" keywords. If the site contains profanity or adult content, the search engine can even filter the resource.
- Site Properties. This parameter refers to the age of the resource, the format of the document, the presence of keywords in the title, the quality of the domain zone. By the age of the site is meant the number of days or years from the moment it falls into the index of search engines and the age of the estimated web page. For ranking, this is a very important factor. So, for example, for some queries, Yandex will block a resource from entering search results if its age is less than a year. Google has a sandbox for this purpose. According to professional seoshniks, a resource begins to rank well only after 3 years of “life”.
For better website promotion, it is recommended to use documents such as html. They are ranked an order of magnitude better than other formats. If the title of the document and its URL contains keywords, then the search engine can filter the resource. The quality of the domain zone also affects the ranking. What is it? This is the place where your site is registered. If it is located in a spammed zone or a zone with low confidence, then one should not count on high positions in the results of issuance.
External ranking factors
- Static factors. They do not depend on what query the search engine should determine the relevance of the document. These include page rank, TIC, etc.
- Dynamic factors. These include the relevance of the link text to the user's request.
Each search engine uses its own ranking method. An example of how search engines do this can be found directly on the main pages of such sites. Companies such as Yandex and Google themselves are interested in covering some features of the functioning of their robots, as this directly affects the quality of search results and, therefore, the level of satisfaction of user requests.
The very topic of optimizing Internet resources for search engines is quite complex and extensive, so we hope that we could at least a little answer the question of whether ranking is what it is.