In the Wedding Destination section of foreign guides, Seychelles invariably occupy a leading position: all year round newlyweds flock to idyllic beaches like moths. And all due to the fact that the islands offer the rarest “goods” in our worldly world - privacy and absolute peace. What are not ideal conditions for starting a life together?
Another category of tourists is people who are deeply in love with the sea and the measured rhythm of Seychelles life. In La Digue, for example, an incredible number of beautiful dive centers and 115 islands washed by the waves for every surfer's taste. In addition, the island is chosen by fans of yachting, fishing and a lazy beach holiday.
How to get there
There are several airports in the Seychelles. International flights accept only Pointe Larue, located on about. Mae. If you decide to fly from Moscow, then the cheapest (but not always convenient) option is to choose the services of the following airlines:
- Etixad Airways and Air Serbia (2 transfers) - from 30,000 rubles;
- Aeroflot and Turkish Airlines (2 transfers) - from 39,000 rubles;
- Qatar Airways (1 change to Doha) - from 43,000 rubles.
The fastest connecting flight from the capital is offered by Emirates Airlines: travel time is 12 hours 50 minutes, one change in Dubai, from 41,000 rubles one way.
So, you have safely flown to the Seychelles. In La Digue, tourists recommend traveling by ZilAir helicopter, for which you need to pay from 7 to 13.5 thousand rubles. In addition, communication between the islands is provided by schooners and numerous ferries. The ticket is purchased on board, and the cost of one way will cost about 500 rubles.
Having overcome a long flight from Moscow, and then the tiring journey from Pointe Larue, you finally got to La Digue ...
La Digue Island (Seychelles): photo and short description
A small island washed by the Indian Ocean attracts tourists with its leisurely rhythm of life, pink beaches and indescribable beauty of rocks.
There are practically no cars here. Bikes are popular with visitors, and locals prefer the traditional means of transportation in the form of small carts.
Like the other Seychelles islands, La Digue has a great opportunity for safe swimming and snorkeling. White sand with a subtle pink tint can be found on the beaches of Petit Anse, Grande Anse and Anse Cocos. However, it is worth recalling that there is an undercurrent.
Unique coconut palms, the fruits of which were called the eighth wonder of the world, giant elephant turtles, 100 varieties of corals, breadfruit, colorful fish, fancy shells - these are just a few that can be seen on a small piece of land, the nature of which has not been conquered by any person. Therefore, La Digue can be safely called a real museum of wild flora.
Where to stay?
So, you arrived and on the way to the island managed to look around a bit. It's time to relax!
The rating of the 5 best guest houses, condominiums and hotels in La Digue in the Seychelles was based on the reviews of the popular travel site TripAdvisor:
- Cabanes Des Anges (from 12 000 rubles) - located in the city center, which provides access to the main attractions. Hotel amenities include free internet access, daily housekeeping, luggage storage and express check-in / check-out.
- Moon Light Beach Villa (from 14 000) - the villa was built on the promenade of La Paz. Only 10 rooms with sea or mountain views.
- Casa De Leela (from 10 400) - a guest house with its own large kitchen is located in the center of the tourist area. Anse Reunion Beach is just 10 minutes away by bike, which you can rent here. Nuance: for using the Internet an additional fee is charged: 4 days - 2600 rubles, a week - 3700 rubles.
- Oceane Self Catering (from 6000) - in fact, this is not a hotel, but a complex of self-catering apartments located just 5 minutes from the popular La Paz beach. Among the services: rental of bicycles and barbecue facilities. Diet menu on request.
- Le Relax Self Catering Apartment (from 15 500) - apartments with a private terrace and a garden are located within walking distance from the beach of the Anse Reunion tourist area. Having a well-equipped kitchen will be a great option for families with children. Internet access is paid.
And the sea has white sand ...
Have a rest after the flight and think about what to do next? Of course, go warm the bones under the gentle rays of the sun, not forgetting about the appropriate creams.
La Digue beaches (Seychelles) is the quintessence for postcards, where huge granite boulders add artistic contrast to soft powdery sand and indescribable beauty of crystal-clear turquoise waters. For example, Anse Source D'argent is a favorite place for photo shoots, filming of clips and films. But if you get here through a neighboring plantation called Union, get ready to pay 500 rubles for entry.
Experienced divers recommend that swimmers stay away from Grande Anse's strong undercurrents. Although, as practice shows, surfers often ignore this advice and prefer to hone their skills on big waves.
The neighboring Anse Petite, despite the name, is not at all small and is also famous for its fast flow. Therefore, for safe swimming, tourist reviews recommend going to Anse Patates beach, pleasing with soft white sand and calm waters.
Things to do?
Want to get to know the underwater world and see the giant sea turtles live, as in the photo? La Digue in the Seychelles will easily provide you with this opportunity. Explore the underwater world offers the diving center Azzurra, which you will find on the beach "Anse la Renion". Accompanied by highly qualified instructors, everyone will plunge into the kingdom of the ocean and get acquainted with its inhabitants: green turtles, reef sharks, sea bass and giant stingrays.
Belle Petra organizes a catamaran boat trip and Nevis Ernesta Boat Excursions organizes open sea fishing. Also, catamaran rides can be ordered from Lone Wolf Charters, which has developed several routes, including on about. Coconut, where vacationers are given an hour to snorkel.
When a lazy vacation on a snow-white beach begins to bother (although this is hardly possible), it's time to get acquainted with the surroundings.
The last refuge of the black paradise flycatcher, which the locals call the widow (veuve), was La Digue island. Seychelles is the only place on earth where you can meet this rare bird in the wild. The small reserve Veuve Reserve was created just in order to preserve and protect its natural habitat. Currently, approximately 23 pairs of black paradise flycatchers live on 21 hectares. Opening hours: from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
L-Union Estate Park will appeal to those who want to return to the past and see the traditional machines and furnaces for the production of copra, which used to be the main industry of the island. It was exported and used as raw material for the manufacture of margarine, glycerin, industrial oils, soaps. Also on the territory of L'Union Estate there is an old cemetery, a shipyard and herds of giant turtles. Ticket price - 500 rubles.
Mount Nid d'Aigl - the main natural attraction of the island, which rises above its central part. The "Eagle's Nest" is attractive because from a height of 333 m above sea level, a stunning view of the ocean horizon and neighboring islands. To visit you will need strong comfortable shoes, a supply of water and, of course, a camera to capture the surrounding beauty. Oh yeah, don’t forget the money to eat in the small Belle Vue Snack Bar restaurant.
The best place for a wedding
Snow-white sand, palm trees gracefully bending over the ocean and sonorous singing of birds in tropical thickets - you will agree, an ideal landscape for holding a solemn ceremony. It is not surprising that La Digue island in the Seychelles takes one of the leading places on the short list of places for exotic weddings. The wedding here will be not only beautiful, but memorable and, of course, very romantic. It does not matter whether she is the first in the life of the newlyweds, or whether there have already been such adventures in their life.
An important point: you can hold a wedding ceremony on the islands both symbolically (without stamps) and "seriously" - marriage certificates issued in the Seychelles are valid in Russia, for this it is enough to carry out the corresponding procedure at the Russian Consulate.
For those who decided to prefer the latter option, we remind you that documents must be submitted at least 6 weeks before the expected date, and the bride and groom must come to the island at least 3 days before the ceremony to discuss with the coordinator all the details of the upcoming celebration.
- certification of a marriage certificate at the consulate, apostille and transfer to Russia - about 23 thousand rubles;
- the ceremony on holidays or on weekends - from 10 thousand rubles;
- translation services - from 9 thousand rubles;
- the average cost of a wedding (photo shoot, cake, champagne, bridal bouquet, decoration and buttonhole for the groom) - about 90 thousand rubles;
- the ceremony for the upper class will cost about 260-300 thousand rubles.
6 things to do on the island
- For those who visit Seychelles and La Digue for the first time, reviews are recommended to participate with the natives in the evening promenade ... of course, on bicycles. What did you think about?
- To put on special slippers and at low tide go far into the sea and enjoy a walk on the coral.
- Visit the L'Union manor and see for yourself the famous Emmanuel house.
- Get through the jungle to Anse Cocos Beach and just enjoy the privacy.
- See the paradise flycatcher by visiting the appropriate nature reserve.
- Buy a hat woven from palm leaves and flaunt it throughout the vacation.
Tourists visiting the Seychelles for the first time claim that when planning their vacation the islands attracted them with so flawless landscapes that upon arrival they seemed like a picture from a postcard, and it was very difficult to believe in their reality. Granite boulders of the most bizarre shapes, black volcanic rocks and pinkish sand found on some beaches also made a huge impression.
Another attractive feature of La Digue tourists called an informal atmosphere that allows you to relax and, without thinking about anything, to fully enjoy your vacation.
Does the direction have flaws? Of course, but just one. Just look at the price of tour operators - and you will understand what it is about. And for those who are not scared by the price tag, we suggest booking a ticket, flying in and getting to know La Digue island closer.