What is an aesthetic ideal? This is an idea of the beautiful. It is easy to guess that each person has his own. Depending on the lifestyle, upbringing, education and worldview, a person forms his own picture of the world and creates his own system of values in it. But all people have one base. Let’s talk about it.
The aesthetic ideal is the highest degree of beauty. It should be noted that this ideal throughout the life of one person can change, transform. The formation of an aesthetic view of a person is influenced by society, fashion, modern trends and trends in art. What was considered ugly in the last century can today be considered delightful, and vice versa. But there are unshakable values. More often they relate to the inner world of man. It can be a character and his personal qualities. For example, at all times, noble deeds, brave guys and educated girls were valued. These unshakable ideals do not change to this day. But do not forget that there is nothing durable in the world. Perhaps even what seems to be the indisputable truth today will change tomorrow. Therefore, when someone talks about the aesthetic ideal, you need to keep in mind that we are talking about something temporary.
An aesthetic ideal is a sense of beauty that is formed, not born in the soul. Accordingly, a person’s perception and his life views will be formed over time. Under the influence of what changes are taking place in the soul and in the mind?
- Society. A person will not be able to develop alone. In order for a person to exist harmoniously, she needs to communicate and receive new information. Depending on who exactly the person communicates with and how much time he spends with certain people, his picture of the world is formed.
- Idols. People respected by the person have a direct impact on the formation of his taste. A man will consider beautiful what his idol likes.
- Fashion. Current trends are formed every year. Some of them are delayed, while others go into oblivion. Each of the trending things leaves a trace in the soul of a person.
- Personal preferences. The ideal for everyone is different due to the fact that all people have different moral principles and different education. The taste of a person develops under the influence of teachers and the specifics of learning.
Do you like to watch beauty contests? This is an attractive and very well-designed sight. But it is not always clear to ordinary people on what principle winners are chosen. The aesthetic ideal is a combination of a beautiful appearance with a rich inner world and a living mind. Check all the virtues of girls in the competition is impossible. But sometimes even at the first stage, when you need to choose the most beautiful girl according to external data, problems arise. The aesthetic ideal of beauty is different for everyone. Some people like tall girls, and others like ladies of average height. To solve such problems related to personal preferences, standardized ideals were introduced. All participants who want to wear the crown of the beauty queen should be slim, tall, white-toothed and have long hair. Further to this image, beautiful behavior and the ability to keep oneself in society and on the stage join. If we recall, for example, the aesthetic ideal of the Renaissance, we can see a certain discrepancy in the opinions of people of the past and present. So it is impossible to give a description of the ideal of beauty, for each century it will be its own.
People, determining whether they like something or not, turn to their worldview. Everyone has their own ideals and aesthetic values. But, as in the case with the ideal of beauty, values have their own classification system.
- Fine. A person who lives a full life and enjoys it can and can enjoy all the advantages this world gives him.
- Sublime. A person who has comprehended the beautiful, moves to a new stage of development. Not all people want to put up with an existing value system. They suggest expanding it and introducing new cultural, spiritual, or moral innovations. Creative people strive to realize their abilities and want to be understood, which means they are forced to prove to the whole world that the result of their work is beautiful and worthy of praise.
- Tragic. In the development process, each person has to neglect his moral values from time to time. And some individuals even manage to lose the fundamental values inherent in childhood.
- Comic A person who does not want to lose her values, but which life conditions or circumstances compel her to do, looks always funny, albeit sad.
Some people are sure that taste is an innate phenomenon; it is either there or not. It is not true. Taste is formed under the influence of a moral and aesthetic ideal and education, which this or that person received. If you set out to find a person with an ideal innate taste, then find out that the parents of such a person from childhood surrounded the child with everything beautiful. For example, children who grow up in families where one or both parents are creative individuals can form a good taste in themselves without any effort. They see the beautiful and learn to perceive it. It is not surprising that the ideal of aesthetic taste of such persons will be higher than that of their peers.
What does aesthetic taste consist of? From reason and feelings. It is impossible for a person to explain that a work of art is beautiful. A person either feels it or not. Man likes the art forms that he understands. It is to them that he has a spiritual disposition. For example, a person who was not taken to art galleries and did not show books with color reproductions of artists as a child, will not walk around art museums as an adult. Such excursions will not bring personality pleasure.
The main task of parents is to raise smart and healthy children. The main task of aesthetic education is to lay the foundations of aesthetic understanding. The child must breathe art. A personality will only be considered full-fledged when it becomes well-versed in all areas of life. Of course, to love and understand all art is impossible. The task of parents and teachers is to introduce children to the various manifestations of beauty. When the kids grow up, they will be able to choose their own path. To make this process easier, adults must form a healthy attitude towards art and various forms of its manifestation.
Aesthetic education is not limited to the knowledge of art. The concept of morality, mutual assistance, labor and compassion should be placed in the child. Parents must teach the child to understand and experience various feelings. An integrated approach will help the baby to become a full-fledged personality.
If you think about what an ideal person should look like, what comes to mind? A harmonious combination of beauty and a rich inner world. Such an aesthetic ideal of man was formed many centuries ago. Yes, the idea of beauty was changing, and moral values too. But the harmonious relationship between the outer shell and its inner filling remains. But why then is there no global ideal? For the reason that each country has its own ideals. Their formation is greatly influenced by the culture and standard of living of the population. Rich countries think more about beauty, while poor countries think more about domestic content.
The formation of an aesthetic ideal occurs in childhood. Moral qualities are also instilled in babies from the cradle. What do people put into this concept? The moral ideal is those qualities that make a person human. This includes: goodwill, responsiveness, compassion, selfless help. Thanks to the correct installation worked out in childhood, a person will not worry about the topic of downed landmarks. The moral ideal is formed not only in the learning process, but also in the process of observation. To raise a raised child, parents and teachers should be a role model for the baby.
And what is the basis for any aesthetic ideal? Strong value system. What is included in it?
- Proportionality. A person should always relate his needs and capabilities. If a person manages to find this balance, then she will not have any problems in life.
- Harmony. Only a person who knows how to see the beauty of this world and finds something positive in every day is able to feel satisfaction from life. Thanks to a good mood and high spirits, it is easier to look into the future with positive.
- Liberty. A person should not have addictions. Moreover, both spiritual and physical. It is impossible to feel freedom if you are dependent on nicotine or on the opinions of others.
- Humanity. Despite all the difficulties of life, a person should not lose himself. You can not go against your values and moral principles. A person must break himself consciously and only if his internal compass is badly lost. But you should never give up your values.