A wallet is a stylish and useful accessory that is used almost daily. But from constant contact with hands or other objects, the product quickly becomes dirty. How to clean a leather wallet at home will be discussed in this article.
To clean the leather wallet with maximum success, it is important to prepare the product. To do this, lay out all the contents and do not forget to shake out the small debris. After that, inspect the surface of the item for stains and heavy dirt. If the product is relatively clean, then a simple soap and water treatment is sufficient. If there are spots on the wallet, then special funds will help to remove them.
In any case, before cleaning, keep the item indoors for 24 hours at a temperature of +27 ° C. Then the skin will not shrink or wrinkle after treatment. In addition, remember that you must not dry the product in direct sunlight or near a radiator.
How to clean a leather wallet from dirt
For the procedure you will need water, preferably distilled, liquid soap, ammonia and a piece of soft tissue. Clean the product as follows:
- Dissolve 2-3 grams of liquid soap in two glasses of distilled water. Add 1 tsp to the mixture. liquid ammonia and whisk the composition until foam.
- Moisten a soft rag or sponge in the resulting solution and treat the surface of the product with it.
- After cleaning, wipe off any excess liquid with a soft towel.
- Polish the surface to a shine with a fleece or wool fabric.
It is advisable to apply a special skin protective agent after the procedure. Then the item will remain clean and attractive for a long time.
A similar method of cleaning a leather wallet is only suitable for minor contaminants. If there are spots or scuffs on the surface, use special products, which will be discussed later. But consider, before using this or that drug, try it on an inconspicuous area. Then you will not spoil the thing under any circumstances.
Almost everyone encounters such pollution. And they cannot be removed with plain water. Special stain removers for the skin, for example, Saphir, are excellent in this case. But if they were not at hand, then you should learn how to clean your wallet from ink and traces of the pen with home remedies:
- Dip a cotton swab or sponge in a few drops of alcohol and treat the stain. Dry the place with a hairdryer at minimum temperature.
- Apply hairspray to the cotton pad and wipe the surface with it.
- Clean the stain with a cloth dampened with nail polish remover. Please note that this method is not suitable for painted products.
After cleaning with any product, be sure to polish the surface with a rag. And it is advisable to treat the wallet with a special skin cleanser.
How to clean a leather wallet from stains of this drink:
- Remove coffee residues from the surface and wipe the skin with a damp cloth. Apply 1–2 drops of vinegar to the dirt and cover the liquid with a napkin. After half an hour, wipe the stain first with a damp and then dry rag.
- Apply 2-3 drops of lemon juice to a coffee stain. Leave the product for 10 minutes, then rinse off the liquid with a soapy sponge. Polish your wallet with a woolen cloth to shine.
After any treatment, lubricate the surface with a special skin care product.
Such contamination often happens, since it is not difficult to remove them. In addition, there are many tools that cope with such spots. So, how to clean the leather wallet from fat:
- Onions will help to remove pollution. Cut the vegetable in half and wipe the problem area with it. Let the juice soak into the dirt, then treat the surface with a sponge and soapy water. In the end, do not forget to rub the purse to a shine with a towel.
- Apply 1–2 drops of peeled turpentine to the stain. Leave the substance for 1–2 minutes, and then remove it with soapy water.
- Starch, talcum powder or chalk are excellent for fresh, greasy stains. Pour a pinch of any substance into the problem area and leave for 30 minutes. After the set time, crush the powder.
Do not use substances such as benzene, thinner or alcohol to clean expensive products. These fluids are very aggressive and can damage the skin.
Such problem areas ruin the appearance of a purse. Such home recipes will help get rid of them:
- Mix turpentine and ethyl alcohol in equal parts. Carefully treat problem areas with the resulting fluid. After 1-2 minutes, wipe the surface with a sponge and soapy water.
- Dilute 1 teaspoon in a liter of warm water. citric acid and the same amount of vinegar. Wipe the area carefully with this liquid.
- If the contamination is very ingrained, then use purified gasoline to remove it. To enhance the effect, add 1-2 drops of ammonia to the liquid.
Keep in mind that all remedies against overgrown areas are quite aggressive. Therefore, try not to get them on clean skin.
How to update a white wallet
Use petroleum jelly to care for this product. This tool is quickly absorbed into the surface and fills microcracks. To restore the old look to a white purse, apply a thin layer of petroleum jelly on it and leave it overnight. In the morning, wipe the surface with a soapy sponge and wipe the product dry.
Clean the brown accessory
To restore the beauty of such a product will help ground natural coffee. To clean, dilute a little powder in water to a paste. Apply it to stains and dirt and leave to lie down until completely dry. Sweep away coffee residues with a soft brush and wipe the purse with a cloth. Please note that this method should not be used for light brown products. Otherwise, you risk coloring them.
How to clean a red leather wallet
Conventional cleaning methods are not suitable for products of this color. After all, some products leave noticeable spots and stains on the surface. How to clean a red leather wallet in this case? Use one of the following options:
- Apply a little Vaseline to the surface and leave for 5-10 minutes. Dampen a cotton swab with water and wipe the items to remove any loose dirt.
- Beat the egg white until foam and mix with 1-2 tablespoons of milk. Moisten a paper towel in the resulting mixture and wipe the surface with it. After that, dry the product.
- Cut the onion and half-wipe the surface. Vegetable juice will remove impurities but leave an unpleasant odor. To get rid of it, wipe the skin with a bite.
Pay special attention to the red patent leather wallet. Such products cannot be wetted and they cannot be washed. Therefore, avoid contamination and wipe the surface daily with a woolen or fleece fabric.
How to care for a thing
In order not to think about how to clean a leather wallet, provide the product with proper care:
- Keep the product away from direct sunlight.
- Try not to carry coins in your wallet. From their severity, the skin stretches.
- Periodically lubricate the purse with castor oil. It will prevent cracks.
- Do not soak products in a basin, and even more so do not machine wash. The skin categorically does not tolerate moisture, so only dry and wet cleaning is suitable for it.
- Avoid contact with perfumes and cosmetics. These substances have a bad effect on the state of things.
Pay a little attention to the wallet, and it will serve you for a long time and at the same time retain its pristine beauty.