How much should girls weigh at 11 years old? The answer to this question should be known to caring parents who care about the health of their child. For each age category, there are certain standards that exclude thinness or obesity.
At what boundaries should the arrows of the scales stop? A detailed answer to this question can be found in this article.
There is a standard table for the ratio of height and weight for children. It contains important information.
- Any weight up to 25 kilograms indicates a lack of body weight. Doctors consider this indicator a critical point when you immediately need to seek help from a specialist.
- 25 to 30 kilograms below average weight. There is no threat to health, but it is still recommended to adjust the diet and add power loads.
- From 30 to 39 kilograms is absolutely normal weight. With such boundaries, the child feels absolutely comfortable and can live fully. You should continue to watch them.
- From 39 to 45 kilograms - weight is above average. The parent can independently exclude harmful products from the girl’s diet and walk more with her.
- If a teenager weighs more than 45 kilograms, then we are talking about obesity. There is a direct threat to his health. You should seek the help of a nutritionist and undergo an appropriate examination.
It is important to consider not only the age, but also the growth of the girl at 11 years old. The average figure ranges from 136 to 153 cm. If it is above or below this border, then the weight norm can also change.
What to do if growth disorder is detected?
A young mother looked at the table of the ratio of height and weight for children and found that the indicators differ markedly from those indicated. What to do in such a situation? Unfortunately, there is no way to independently influence this process. First of all, this indicator depends on the hereditary factor, which is decisive in this situation. If there is a significant lag behind growth by more than 30 percent, then you need to contact a pediatrician and undergo a diagnostic examination. Perhaps the reason is associated with impaired functioning of the body.
Dangers of overweight
The ratio of height, weight and age is a very important parameter on which the health of a teenager depends. If he was diagnosed with obesity of the first, second or third degree, then you must immediately consult a doctor.
Otherwise, the following negative consequences may occur:
- The development of chronic diabetes mellitus, which in the future will be almost impossible to cure.
- The appearance of pathologies in the work of the cardiovascular system.
- General hormonal imbalance. The girl may notice that she has acne, hair began to fall out and her skin color changed.
- A lot of weight is a very intense burden on the heart. The risk of a stroke or heart attack increases. If a person has shortness of breath after light physical exertion (walking, climbing stairs, short jogging), then it is time to consult a doctor.
- The appearance of female problems. If they are not detected on time, then subsequently there will be problems with the menstrual cycle.
In addition, overweight teenage girls is also a psychological problem. Sooner or later, her complexes will begin due to completeness, and she will be subjected to ridicule by her peers.
How to fix this problem?
It is best to periodically monitor the ratio of height, weight and age and to prevent the child from reaching the stage of obesity. Especially if there is a genetic predisposition, that is, more than three people on the hereditary line suffer from a similar problem.
Many parents feel sorry for their children, continue to buy them harmful products and calmly watch how the appearance of the child noticeably worsens. If, nevertheless, the stage of obesity catches up with him, then it is recommended to consult a nutritionist to form the correct diet. It should consist of natural protein, light carbohydrates and vegetable fats. All sweets must be replaced with fresh fruits and vegetables. It is also worth calculating the optimal volume of water: approximately 30 ml per kilogram of weight. It is recommended to include light physical activity, but do not overdo it.
Lifestyle changes are a lot of stress for a girl. It is important to explain to her about the possible dangers of obesity. You can motivate her with beautiful things and photographs of famous personalities. This is a very delicate process, so sometimes you need to additionally seek help from a psychologist.
The dangers of excessive thinness
Every caring mother should know how much a girl should weigh at 11 years old. If the arrow of the device does not exceed 25 kilograms, then it is worth taking immediate measures. First of all, you should find out the reason why a teenager does not gain weight. Perhaps he doesn’t eat specifically to look like some kind of idol, is in a state of prolonged stress or is subjecting himself to intense stress. Urgent measures should be taken, otherwise dangerous consequences can occur: disruption of the gastrointestinal tract, curvature of the spine, decreased immunity, the occurrence of insomnia and general weakness.
First of all, with a deficit of body weight, it is worth changing the diet, adding a large amount of protein to it. It is found in meat, fish, seafood, dairy products and eggs. Many mothers, having learned how much a girl should weigh at 11 years old, begin to introduce high-calorie foods into her diet. An excessive load on the body is also useless. You can add moderate exercise, contributing to an increase in muscle mass. It is recommended that the adolescent be weighed at the same time. It is advisable in the morning and on an empty stomach. Optimal to do this once a week.
How much should girls weigh at 11 years old? This is a very important issue that every parent should take the most responsibility into. It is worth paying attention to the standard tables developed by medical specialists. In case of gross deviations from these parameters, immediate measures must be taken to eliminate them. Otherwise, unpleasant consequences may develop.