Creating and configuring email is a very trivial task and should not cause any difficulties, but users nonetheless continue to ask questions. Many of them have only recently acquired gadgets and are experiencing difficulties even in such seemingly elementary tasks. Email on a mobile phone has become an integral part of the life of a modern business person. The purpose of this article is to explain to newcomers on the Web how to create email on the phone and use it later.
To begin with, it is worth deciding on which of the hundreds of mail services you want to register. Among the popular ones, one can single out Gmail, Yandex Mail, Rambler Mail.ru, iCloud.com. All of the above have the same principle of operation, without any features.
The first thing you need to do is register your own mailbox, for this you need to visit the official website of one of the mail services (it can be Google or Yandex, at your discretion) and go through a simple registration procedure.
In most cases, you will need the following data:
- Name and surname.
- Login (name of your mailbox).
- Telephone number.
This is a basic set, it is possible that you will be asked to enter a spare box or information about your website, you may need to enter a special code confirming that you are a person.
As soon as you fill in all the indicated forms, you can exhale - the box is ready.
How to create email on an iOS phone?
The next step in setting up mail is connecting it to your phone. If you are the owner of an iOS-based smartphone (gadgets from Apple), then you must have been registered already at the time of first inclusion. If so, then you already have an iCloud mailbox configured and ready to go. You can safely either send email from your phone or receive an email. If this does not happen or you want to connect a different address, you will have to do it manually. For this:
- Go to “Settings> Mail, contacts, calendar> Add account”.
- We are looking in the list of providers you need, for example Google.
- Enter the registration data and wait until the box is connected.
If the list of providers does not contain what you need:
- Scroll down and select “Other> Add mailbox”.
- Enter the registration data (your name, mailing address and password).
- On the next screen, enter the IMAP data. Consider the example of Yandex:
- in the subcategory “Incoming mail server” enter imap.yandex.ru;
- in the subcategory “Outgoing mail server” enter smtp.yandex.ru
This data may vary depending on where the box was registered. In most cases, it will be enough to replace yandex with the name of your mail service.
How to create email on a mobile phone with Android
In the case of Android, the principle is the same. Having bought a new device and having completed registration, you will receive a Google account, and with it a Gmail inbox. Therefore, those who have gone through this procedure may no longer think about how to create email on the phone. If you prefer manual configuration or want to connect a mailbox other than Gmail, then for starters:
- Search for the Mail app on your device.
- Click “Add a new account” (if IMAP and POP3 are offered, choose IMAP).
- On the next page, specify the registration data:
- the address of your mailbox;
- IMAP and SMTP server data
- port, information about which can be found on the official website of the mail provider in the "Help" section (for "Yandex" it is 993 for IMAP and 465 for SMTP).
Using third-party email clients
The easiest and fastest method for setting up mail will be to download a special mail client that will help both create e-mail on the phone for free and use it to the full.
To find one, just visit one of the app stores, in the case of iOS it is the AppStore, in the case of Android, Google Play. In both cases, you can find email clients created for specific providers.
In most cases, these programs are designed as simple as possible and are ready to work from the moment they are launched. In addition, this option is perfect for those who do not yet have their own mailbox and are just going to start one.