If you decide to open your own business, you can’t do without a cash register here. In trade, a cash register is considered a necessity, because an established cash register system is impossible today without this device. This article will tell you in detail how to use a cash register.
What are the criteria for choosing a cash register?
To answer this question, it is important to consider certain factors:
- The extent of your business.
- The nature of the company itself.
- The pace and dynamics of development.
- Planned turnover (here, services may also be implied).
- Cash flow rate.
- Functionality preferences for cash registers.
- The price range of this device.
Now you need to figure out how to use the cash register.
Using a cash register
After the purchase, the cash register equipment must undergo compulsory sealing at the central heating service and registration with the tax service. After that, the legal use of cash registers is possible.
So, we will tell you how to use a cash register. The instruction is as follows:
- Starting a working day, you need to connect the cash register to the network.
- Check the date and, if necessary, correct it.
- The current date must exceed the previous Z-report. This is necessary to activate the current mode.
- Remove X-report. For different models of cash registers, the key combination when making reports may differ, but in any case, the manufacturer must indicate in the instructions how to use the cash register.
- After that, zeros will appear on the screen of the device, and here the cashier’s main work begins: the amounts are entered, the result is summed up and checks are printed.
- During the changeover, a reconciliation of the amount accumulated in the cash register at the cash register is carried out (X-report is taken).
- At the end of the shift, you also need to remove the X-report, compare the amount with cash at the cash desk and remove the final Z-report. At the same time, information is copied to fiscal memory and the daily revenue counter is reset.
Additional functions of the cash register
The main points of how to use the cash register, we examined, now we will move on to additional functions.
Today in every store you can pay with a plastic card. Here you will need the option of non-cash payment or a separate section on the cash register (this depends on the model of the technology itself). To do this, read the instructions or consult with another employee.
You also need to find out in advance how discounts go on on a particular cash register (it can simply be a reduction in the amount or a specially built-in function).
There is a special button on the cash register to cancel an erroneously performed operation or to process a return. But here an important point is that in different organizations the approach to such issues is carried out in different ways.
We must not forget about the check tape in cash register technology, because it tends to end at the most inopportune moment. Therefore, when colored stripes appear on the check, it is urgent to replace the check paper with a new roll:
- To do this, remove the plastic cover that covers the tape.
- Remove the old roll from the rod and put a new one on it.
- Now you need to slip the end of the paper tape under the shaft and press the corresponding button on the cash register.
- Next, close the lid and tear off a clean check.
The check tape must be updated in time so that it does not end on the check, otherwise the check-out equipment may fail.
So, we examined how to use the cash register correctly. At the same time, you need to work carefully and intently, as they are checked in the first place. Improper operation can lead to penalties.
The most common cash registers
The simplest and most common cash register is Mercury brand equipment. It appeared on the market in the 90s of the last century and since then it has been densely occupying its niche. Over the years, many models of this brand have been released.
How to use the Mercury cash register
It was already mentioned above that these devices are quite simple to use. Their main work is described in four actions:
- Turn on the unit and check the correct date and time.
- Setting cash registers (the IT button is pressed three times).
- Penetration of a check (purchase amount, pressing the "PI" and "Total" buttons, respectively).
- Removing a shift report (the "RE" button is pressed twice and the "IT" button is pressed twice).
Other functions are described in detail in the manufacturer's operating book for each specific model.
Cash register equipment for a pharmacy
When answering the question about which cash registers pharmacies use, you need to imagine the equipment of a completely new named healthcare institution or its re-equipment. In principle, any cash register is suitable for a pharmacy, but the installed modern computer equipment looks much more convenient in operation and aesthetically pleasing.
This will increase its competitiveness and attract additional customers. Such equipment is, of course, not cheap, but pays off quickly enough, especially since for starters you can get by with simpler and cheaper options. When installing such equipment, you should not forget about the reader for plastic cards, because this type of calculation has already tightly entered our lives today.