Nowadays, there is a noticeable upward trend in demand for aluminum doors. They gradually entered the market, competing heavily with iron door leafs. People prefer this type more often, but they are interested in how to adjust aluminum doors. To understand the desired issue, you should study in detail the information on the topic.
The advantages of aluminum doors
People choose them because of the many advantages of this metal. They are as follows:
- Aluminum alloys are not combustible, which is the key to fire safety at home.
- This material is not susceptible to corrosion, resistant to chemical influences on it.
- Doors made of aluminum can be operated for more than one year. Any conditions are not afraid of this metal, only mechanical damage can appear.
- Aluminum can be diluted with magnesium and copper can be added. Then we get an alloy that is stronger than steel.
What is terrible untimely adjustment of aluminum doors
Most often, hinges wear out at doors, and aluminum canvases are no exception. It happens that the hinges were made of low quality material. A situation is possible when the size of the door leaf was incorrectly determined. It is important to understand in time that the loops have become unusable. The door may become loose or move to the side. Locks begin to break and jam. To clarify incomprehensible points, you need to use the instructions for adjusting aluminum doors.
How to understand that the door is working properly
It is believed that the door regularly performs its functions if:
- It is easy to open and close, no need to apply effort.
- If the door is without a closer, then it must maintain the position in which it was left.
- The sash should fit the frame. When the door is working properly, it fits snugly against the door.
- There are no visible gaps. The door does not move after installation.
If one of the points is not observed, then you need to adjust the hinges of the aluminum doors. In this case, the structure will not collapse.
Which loops are easier to adjust
The easiest way to adjust the hinges of aluminum doors on their own, if they are hidden. It is believed that such an arrangement is a guarantee of protection against breaking the apartment. Hinges of this type can be adjusted without unscrewing the door. Each screw of the three, which are installed in a hidden loop, adjusts various parameters. One is responsible for adjusting the width of the door, the other for height. It is best to adjust the aluminum doors with a hexagon. As a rule, it resembles the letter "G" in shape. It is delivered with loops.
When the deviation of the canvas from the main position appears, it can be eliminated by using screws.
Instructions for self-adjustment of aluminum doors consists of several steps:
- It is necessary to remove the lining of the plastic from each loop.
- If you set the same gaps at the bottom and top of the canvas, then adjusting the door should not cause much trouble.
- Based on the location of the box with the set gap, it is necessary to align the door.
- There is a web adjustment on the clip. It is necessary that the door rests evenly on the main door frame.
- The next step is to install the linings. They are attached to their specific places.
Where can I find a description of how to adjust aluminum doors
Each specific model has its own technical documentation. It details the step-by-step door adjustment scheme. If you strictly follow the instructions, you can adjust the aluminum doors yourself. The desired result in this case will not take long.
What to do if the design is not adjustable
Not all loops can be adjusted. Experts believe that if the door does not have a control mechanism, then it is better to change them in a timely manner for new paintings. It is important to carry out the replacement in a timely manner.
What accessories will be required
To adjust the doors, high-quality locking mechanisms will be required. The more reliable the lock, the longer the door can be operated. You should pay attention to how many locking points in the lock.
There are hinges specifically for balcony doors. They are different, depending on the severity of the design. The most popular invoices. Such loops are easy to replace with your own hands, in case of breakage.
What are the criteria for the quality work of locks
It is believed that the locks are serviceable in the following cases:
- If there is a tight fitting sash that is close to the box around the perimeter.
- When the door closes, the elements do not touch each other.
- When the door is open, the leaf should not move from the place where it was left.
- The handle should fit tightly and hold well.
- When the door is closed, there should be no draft.
If the door is under warranty, who should adjust the design
Often you can find companies that give a guarantee on their door leafs. Adjustment of aluminum doors is performed by professionals. When the warranty period comes to an end, it is permissible to try to adjust the design with your own hands.
You can independently check the pressure density at a particular door leaf. You need to take a simple sheet of paper and place it on the door, which is in the closed state. Then you need to try to get the paper back. She can easily pull out the door. In this case, it is believed that the clamp needs to be changed. When paper is jammed or pulled out in parts, the pressure is considered good.
The adjustment of aluminum doors also depends on the locks. That is why it is important to know which types are suitable for the original type of door. The following types are distinguished:
- A castle in which there is 1 closing point. It has a halyard latch.
- There is a type of lock where a roller latch is included. It is necessary to fix the door when the lock is open.
- Some elements have several crossbars.
In some situations, the adjustment of aluminum doors ends with the lubrication of the lock mechanism. It stops jamming, and the door begins to function normally.
When a lock with a cylinder mechanism is installed on the door leaf, it is only possible to leave the old case. The cylinder changes and the system begins to function normally.
When adjusting the aluminum entrance door, it is important to first unscrew the screw that holds the cylinder. You must try to remove the key from the lock. The next step is to remove it. To do this, you need to unscrew a few screws. The final step will be the installation of a new lock in the door leaf. Experienced masters advise you to pay attention that if you installed the filed latch in advance, then you need to change the whole mechanism.
Adjustment of aluminum doors must necessarily take place in stages. This case is not in a hurry.
It is important to select the hinges for the weight of the aluminum door. If you put the wrong ones, the door will become unusable in a few months of operation. Hinges do not require adjustment, if the door opens easily, no need to use force. The canvas should open unhindered. There should be the same clearance around the perimeter of the box. If there are any deviations, then the door must be adjusted. When the door sags, the sash opens heavily and sticks. When the hinges were not mounted correctly when installing the doors, the door may sag over time. A backlash appears, which indicates a loose fit of the canvas to the box. Often the sealant layer wears out, then the gap between the door leaf and the trunk grows.
Do not be afraid of adjustment, this process is permissible to carry out independently. It is only necessary to stock up on necessary tools in advance. A set of screwdrivers and a file will come in handy. For this work, you will need socket and hex keys. A file is required. Some craftsmen advise using engine oil when working.