Modeling is a great way to develop imagination and fine motor skills in children. Which, in turn, forms speech, attention, visual and motor memory, precise coordination. Being engaged in modeling, you can make a wide variety of figures from plasticine: ponies, kitties, dogs and other cartoon characters.
Little horses from the animated series Pony from Ponyville won the hearts of many girls. Charming miniature animals, very bright, with a long fluffy tail and mane that can be combed. One drawback of such toys is that changing their appearance does not work. Children want to collect the entire collection of such horses, but this is not always possible. But the child can independently or with your help create a pony figure from his favorite cartoon. We offer some tips on how to make plasticine ponies.
Beginning of work
Such an activity will be interesting for both boys and girls. A child can choose a model for his craft and give her a name after finishing work. It is not necessary to strictly follow cartoon characters. Let the young sculptor choose the right color scheme and accessories for the future horse.
To create a plasticine pony, we need:
- plasticine (it is better to use wax) or any other mass for modeling ;
- straws or sticks from candies on which the legs will be held;
- modeling board or oilcloth.
Steps for creating a sculpture
Observing the elementary rules of the modeling technique, you can learn how to make a pony out of plasticine. It is important in the process of creativity to teach the child the right combination of colors. Choosing one primary color for the body, you need to choose the right shade for other elements. You can study the color matching map together, thereby creating a sense of style and taste in your child.
- Divide the bar of plasticine of the same color into 7 parts: head, neck, trunk and 4 legs.
- Roll a round ball from a piece for the head, cone-shaped for the neck and oval for the body.
- Connect all three parts, smoothly leveling and smoothing the junction of the segments.
- Getting to sculpting your legs. For greater stability of the figure, use four identical pieces of sticks or tubes that need to be wrapped with plasticine. From below, make small horseshoes of a different color. Attach the legs to the body.
- We make out the head. The most difficult part in this part of the work is small details: eyes and cilia. How to make a plasticine pony with a cute and funny expression on its face? Form two small white balls, give them an oval shape, slightly flattening them. This is the basis for the eyes. In the center, place two tiny black circles - these will be the pupils. Roll up several thin cilia, and then the horse’s look will become expressive. Blind two small ears from triangles.
- Form the mane and tail for the pony from plasticine from several thin sausages of different lengths so that they look voluminous.
- Accessories Each cartoon heroine has its own special items that characterize her. For example, the pony Apple Jack loves apples: you can make a few small apples for her, and graceful wings for the Rainbow.
Our wonderful sculpture is ready! This is a great activity for children on weekends or rainy cloudy days when there is no way to go outside. You can come up with a whole cycle of such activities called "Sculpt Plasticine Zoo." Create a suitable exterior and surroundings from plasticine.
The benefits of modeling
As mentioned above, thanks to modeling, the child builds his speech correctly, draws logical conclusions, his movements are coordinated. In addition, children, learning the basics of the art of sculpture, learn to fantasize, they develop other creative abilities.
When planning a stucco project, the child learns to build his work in stages, evenly distributing his forces and means. You can ask him to tell you how to make a pony or other animal out of plasticine. In this case, it is important to comply with the manufacturing order of the figure. Particular attention must be paid to small details, because they are more difficult to give to young creators.
Modeling lessons can start from 1 year, but choosing a very soft mass for modeling, ordinary children will not be able to knead ordinary clay.