TIC is an important indicator for an online resource. We will analyze in detail how to find out and check it, consider the reasons for the fall of the index and the measures necessary to increase it.
What is TIC
The thematic citation index is an indicator of the Yandex search engine that indicates the credibility of a particular Internet resource, which consists of the number of sites with a similar theme linking to it.
The concept came from the field of natural sciences. In this area, it performs similar functions — it determines the authority of one or another author, consisting of the number of researchers citing his scientific work, and the number of citations of his work.
A similar system is used in another significant search engine - Google. It is called PageRank. Its criteria for determining the value of a resource are slightly different.
TIC and Yandex
As for Yandex, here the TIC is the starting point for ranking Internet resources in the system directories. Not only the number of external links is taken into account, but also their significance. For a scientific resource, links to thematic blogs and websites will be rated higher than those indicated in the entertaining discussion. This search engine is characterized by a monthly update (update) of the database, which sometimes significantly affects the index.
In addition to the TCI, there are also the concepts of IC and VIC (weighted IC). The usual citation index is the total number of external “links” (links) to the resource, and the weighted one is an index that takes into account the authority of the citing links. For site optimizers, only the TIC is available.
How to find out the site's TIC
To find out the TCI of a site, just go to Yandex.Catalog. The indicator will be indicated immediately after the description of the resource. For example, TIC 1100. All resources whose index exceeds 10 have significance for the search engine.
How to find out the site’s TIC yet? The components of Yandex elements (Traffic, Music, Disk, Weather, Mail) contain a special web indicator that reflects this characteristic on all significant sites.
Checking the TCI site using the button
You can also check the site’s TCI using the special Yandex indexing button, which any resource can freely use if desired.
The system offers a special code that the creator of the source can only place in the html-coding of his page. The numbers inside the icon will show the current TIC of the resource for all its visitors. This is a quick way that tells you how to find out the site’s TIC. Sources with a high index usually insert this button on the main page.
Increasing thematic IC
The question: "How to raise the site's TCI?" - Many owners of such resources are asked. Let’s introduce your choice of both free and paid methods:
- Forums, social networks, blogs. These resources when creating an account in personal data allow you to specify a link to your site. For Yandex, as well as for any other search engine, only indexed links that are not covered by nofollow and noindex tags are important. However, many forums and blogs are so spammed that they block the possibility of such links. There is only one way out, and it is rather time-consuming: manually check thematic sites for the presence of indexable "links" in comments, discussions and on forums. If the result is positive, register and post a link to yourself.
- Dofollow blogs. This is an old life hack from the category "How to raise the site's TIC". It is enough to find blogs in the search engine that allow you to leave indexed links to your resource in the comments. However, in order to combat spam, many entries are deleted. In order for the moderator to leave your comment, the latter should be useful, interesting and detailed.
- Interchange. Find in the catalog the resources of your subject with similar index indicators (how to find out the site’s CY, you already know), offer them a mutual exchange of links to each other. As a rule, 10-20 “partners” are enough to increase the index.
- Articles in directories. Many site optimizers highlight this method. Popular directories host a fascinating useful article with a link leading to its resource. Then try to check the site's TIC - in most cases, the indicators are very encouraging.
- Buying links. When resorting to this method, use only verified exchanges, otherwise this method can harm your site.
Reasons for the fall of the TIC
Why did the TIC site fall? Possible reasons:
- Buying links to non-topic resources. Yandex may reject them as an artificial link building.
- You were among the large mass of buyers of "links" on any site. If the information about such a not entirely honest way of increasing the TCI is “merging”, then all buyers will have consequences in the form of a decrease in their citation indices.
- Your resource is not accompanied, you stopped updating the content, there are failures in the hosting.
- High concentration of external links directly on your site. If you are interested in selling links on your site or use direct links to other sites in articles, then this is a worthy reason for the fall of the TCI.
- Periodically check the signs of the life of the resources that once placed indexed links to you - if they themselves or "links" to you are removed, then this also affects the index.
- Innovations in the ranking system sites search engine.
- Yandex has banned your resource: re-optimized texts, over-spamming, non-unique content, pop-up banners, 18+ materials. TCI indicators in this case can generally fall to zero.
- Failure. Quite a rare reason. In this case, the indicators are restored the next time the Yandex database is updated.
How to find out the site’s TCI, how to increase it, and how to avoid its sharp fall are important topics for any optimizer or resource owner. After all, this index is not only an indicator of the credibility of the source, but the figure on which the ranking of sites in search engine directories is built.