Adults spend a third of their lives in a dream. This physiological need is important for humans. Many scientists have been dealing with the issue of how to overcome sleep for a long time. They want to know whether it is possible to live without it.
What is a dream
No one has yet managed to deal with this phenomenon to the end. Sleep helps the body to relax, but at the same time it is something mysterious and inexplicable. After all, the subconscious at this time gives us a variety of pictures, as it begins to work in full force. Very often in a dream, people can find answers to questions that are important to them. Perhaps that is why back in ancient times, scientists tried to unravel the mysteries of dreams and the reason for their appearance.
Sleep Control Techniques
At night, after a long working day, the body needs rest. But it so happens that you need to get rid of the desire to sleep. How to overcome sleep at night so as not to harm the body?
Most popular ways:
- Coffee is an invigorating aromatic drink. Brewed in accordance with all the rules, it will fill the body with energy and give strength.
- Tea. Surprisingly, he also helps in the matter of how to overcome sleep. The drink should be brewed hard enough. Recommended for people with heart problems.
- Energetics - there are a lot of them, they last about 5 hours. However, you should not drink them constantly, they can be addictive.
- Aromatherapy helps in a variety of problems. Do not sleep will help the essential oils of lemon, jasmine, grapefruit, giving a boost of vigor.
- A contrast shower will tone the body and prevent it from falling asleep. Changing warm water to cold water and back is very useful. You can start with the face, arms or legs, gradually accustoming the whole body to this.
- Physical activity is very effective. They often advise: if you want to sleep, you need to sit down or push out 50 times.
- Express sleep. This method will help the body make up for the lack of energy. A five-minute nap during the daytime is very helpful. A short rest will make you feel more cheerful. The main caveat - do not sleep for more than 20 minutes, this will make fatigue stronger.
How to overcome a dream at work
Make the correct daily routine, distribute the work and home affairs. Sleep at least 7 hours a day. Take short breaks throughout the day. During them, try to take a nap, if possible, for 5-10 minutes. This is enough to tune in to the workflow. You can take a walk in the fresh air during a break - this is very useful.
How to overcome a dream at work that you don’t like? Eliminate monotonous activity or alternate it with more active actions. How to overcome a dream yet? Talking with colleagues is also a good way.
Nutrition and Drowsiness
Scientists have proven that the right food gives vigor to the whole body. How to overcome sleep with food? There are several important nutritional rules:
- Eat plenty of raw vegetables throughout the day. A large number of vitamins give energy and strength.
- Limit fat - such food causes not only heaviness in the stomach, but also a great desire to lie down to sleep.
- Drink clean water - it gives vigor. Do not forget that it occupies a large part of our body.
- Eat in small portions. Have a snack when you feel hungry. Take with you nuts, celery, fruits.
Proper nutrition will fill you with energy, raise your mood and level of activity. If you are constantly feeling lethargic, wanting to sleep, review your daily diet.
Why do you want to sleep at work?
The cause may be human biorhythms. The decline in activity occurs at lunchtime, about 14 hours. This is a physiological feature, and you do not need to worry about it. At around 4 p.m., vigor will return again.
The workflow itself is important. If the work is monotonous and monotonous - this leads to drowsiness.
A heavy, heavy lunch also provokes the whole body to want to sleep. Very often, when a person overeats, he wants to lie down and take a nap.
Respiratory gymnastics versus sleep
The break can be done in different ways, but how to overcome sleep at the workplace with it? Very simple, it’s enough to do breathing exercises that are good for your health. And you need to do it daily:
- Exhale, tighten your muscles, stay in that state for 6 seconds and inhale slowly. Sit straight at this moment, do not slouch. Repeat about 8 times.
- Qigong breathing exercises will help enrich the blood with oxygen, give strength. Breathing in the stomach, concentrating on the process. Slowly inhale the air, inflating the stomach, and as you exhale, we retract it as much as possible, feeling the muscles of the press. If dizziness appears, this is normal.
Ventilate the room or go outside before performing. Nothing should interfere at this moment. If you regularly perform the exercises, the effect will soon be felt.
You can overcome sleep during the day by reseeding from a soft and comfortable chair to a stool.
You can play the game on your smartphone, but it should be bright and positive enough. And how to overcome sleep if the TV is on? Turn it off! It is better in this case to listen to the radio.
Take a cool shower, it will help to cheer up. If you want to sleep constantly, perhaps the problem is related to health, and you need to see a doctor.
If you get up to work very early, try to stay up to 23 hours. Do not sit until late at night. Start each day with something pleasant and invigorating.
Sleep is necessary for man. No matter how much you want to extend your day, the body needs rest. Lack of sleep leads to disorders of the nervous system, lack of appetite, headaches. To avoid this, it is necessary to remember the main rules: rest at least 7 hours a day, eat right, follow the daily routine. And we wake up only with a good mood!