In modern society, one of the main thrusts in the personnel management system is the training and organization of personnel reserves. This direction is very important in the organization. Personnel reserves are a key link and an important component in any personnel activity. At present, it is very important to carry out appropriate work to improve and ensure the reliability of the enterprise. What is this concept, what is its role in the organization, goals, principles and types, what is the management of personnel reserve?
Disclosure of the concept
Personnel reserves - this is the formation of a certain composition of employees who have undergone preparatory selection (evaluation) and have the required potential to fulfill direct duties at a new place of work on time. Such a measure is mainly applied in commercial structures, while numerous state, socio-political and social institutions also create it to solve their own problems with staff.
In other words, personnel reserves are certain potential employees of the company planned to be transferred to the necessary posts.
This stock of candidates has a conditional structure. Personnel reserve (professional stock) has the ability to be both internal and external. As for the internal reserve, it consists of company employees and is divided into operational and promising. Operational - these are employees who are already replacing higher managers and are ready to take certain positions outside any additional training events. Perspective - these are employees with great potential, but having the need for additional training measures. The formation of an external reserve has the opportunity to occur by definition of the management, that is, applicants from outside will reasonably be attracted to vacant places by the enterprise. In addition to this, the external reserve has the ability to organize itself coercively if the enterprise has a high rate of employee inconsistency due to some factors.
The formation of a personnel reserve helps to unleash the potential of personnel, and can also help in case of urgent need to close personnel "gaps". What specific professional stock will be organized - external, internal, or both at once - is decided by the head of the company.
The formation of a personnel reserve has the following objectives:
- Prevention of the likelihood of a crisis in cases of the departure of workers occupying primary positions.
- Supply the company with a stock of highly professional and productive employees who are ready to improve the business in accordance with the established strategy and culture.
- Retention and motivation of professional management leaders.
- Maintaining a positive employer reputation.
- Reducing the costs of selecting and adapting a new employee.
Thus, the personnel reserve of the organization is of great importance both in the formation and in the further development of any education. Personnel reserves are the development and prospects of the entire enterprise.
The formation of a personnel reserve as a system of targeted actions traditionally covers the following stages:
- The determination of positions in the risk zone is carried out using specific measures, for example: considering the labor market in the area; estimates of the number of applicants for occupying vacant posts; analysis of the value of this position for the company; assessments of the ongoing situation with staff at the site.
- The formation of the profile of the position - sets the level of development of the competencies of the candidate so that he successfully copes with the tasks set before him. Traditionally, an interview is conducted with reserve managers, and after analysis of the data, a special profile is displayed, which the candidate for the vacancy must comply with.
- Assessment and further selection of applicants - are carried out using some characteristics of employee productivity. In the bulk of cases, the data obtained by means of assessment activities for the activities performed and information selected by assessing the potential, knowledge and other criteria that the candidate currently has are compared.
- The organization of personal development plans is carried out taking into account the existing needs and strategy of the company. This measure can help the reservist to allocate short-term resources and think about how to achieve the set goal. The course of training is planned in such a way that, participating in various seminars, carrying out difficult projects, internships, an employee enrolled in the personnel reserve is able to develop specifically the knowledge and skills that are necessary when moving to a new post.
- Appointment to a new place.
Work with the personnel reserve can also be carried out using special models that are developed by the enterprise itself or are borrowed from more successful formation options.
There are a number of sources of information:
- interviews for admission to the service, which provides the basic concept of the personnel reserve, the basics and likely career paths;
- an information leaflet of the company informing about vacant positions, requirements for applicants, about the time for which the contest is scheduled for the personnel reserve;
- personal counseling;
- in all divisions there is a Regulation on the personnel reserve available to all employees.
As for the Regulation, it should be explained in more detail, since it is this important document that regulates the main directions of all activities.
The document pursues and achieves the goals, which are competent placement and education, training of personnel in case of filling positions at various levels in municipal and other power formations. For this, the program provides for a systematic increase in the professional level of candidates for filling posts.
This act traditionally consists of the following sections:
- General provisions, where regulated issues are indicated by the Regulation, the main work settings with a stock of employees are determined. Clarifications of the main tasks of the system of work with a stock of employees, and in particular:
- what is the reserve of employees;
- the essence of the system of work with the reserve staff;
- what issues are resolved by the fact of the reserve of employees;
- why do we need to design a reserve of personnel;
- what are the sources of organization of the reserve of employees.
- The order of education. This section sets how and on the basis of which approach a reserve of employees is created in the organization.
- Organization of direct activities.
The main tasks are:
- Calculation of the reserve of employees.
- Designation of applicants.
- Assessment of applicants.
- Analysis of the results of the assessment of applicants to the reserve.
- Organization of a reserve of employees and establishment of a list by the company management.
- Creation and implementation of training programs for the reserve.
- Evaluation activities for employees: characteristics, reports on the implementation of instructions, expert pricing; analysis of the results of the assessment. Results: a negative assessment - shutting down from the reserve, additional preparedness is required - planning of personal training, positive - establishing a decision on promotion to a higher post.
Apart from the main points, the Regulation may include annexes consisting of standards of documents necessary for compiling the personal files of the employee, lists of direct duties of the intern and the internship manager, other necessary additions.
When forming a reserve, the following criteria are provided:
- Work experience by profession.
- A professional characteristic from a particular boss, which includes an assessment of the results of an activity, the quality of service, the level of skill and competence of an employee, outlines his actions at critical moments.
- Recommendations of colleagues who characterize the communicative data of the person, the degree of authority among employees.
- Conducting various psychological tests with the goal of establishing possible abilities: organizational predispositions, psychological and emotional resistance, data on leadership, hidden potential potentials, stress resistance, and others. The results of such studies most directly affect the determination of the personal and professional qualities of the applicant for the place.
In the selection of personnel, preference is given to the most significant groups of professionals. These groups include employees of various qualifications, from managerial staff to regular employees. To establish the range of required backup workers, there are a lot of different techniques.
The organization and development of the personnel reserve is based on the following provisions:
- relevance - the need for filling posts must be valid;
- compliance of the candidates of the position and the type of reserve with the qualification requirements in a particular position;
- candidate's high potential - requirements for highly professional development, compliance with the education of the proposed position, age criteria, seniority in the industry of interest, a dynamic career in a single state of health.
In terms of strengths, the benefits of working with a talent pool are obvious. Such events will always be necessary, and each organization should take this direction into account when forming its own management strategies.
Here are just some of the positive aspects of this area:
- financial benefit (no need to spend money on the selection and training of new specialists);
- time saving (closing posts as soon as possible);
- highly qualified staff (the employee is taken from his own ranks and is taught according to his own retraining program);
- Assistance and promotion of their own staff is a policy of employee value (it also acts as a motivating factor: employees do not want to leave the company, where clear opportunities for career growth are visible);
- softer adaptation in the team (the employee does not change, but only his position in the service changes);
- the specialist is practically “honed” for the company, perfectly understands the policy and the characteristic features of the relationship, and quickly adapts to a new position;
- prospects of stability and competitiveness of any enterprise;
- increase productivity and productivity.
MKR (Youth Personnel Reserve) is a functional system for the formation of youth knowledge, practice and experience that are in demand on the labor market. To accumulate intellectual and practical skills, university students are given the opportunity to acquire knowledge and necessary skills by participating in trainings, master classes and other events. In particular, to accumulate practical experience during internships in government bodies. authorities, banks, other important state and non-state structures.
Those who have shown ordinary abilities are credited to the personnel reserve created, for example, under the Moscow government. The youth talent pool as a direction is very relevant and, of course, promising for both young professionals and employers. The opportunity to undergo internship and obtain all the necessary knowledge during the periods of the internship allows you to get efficient and highly qualified specialists in a short time.
The concept of state reserve
The state personnel reserve is targeted training of a group of promising young people who are under the full patronage of the Administration and the President of the Russian Federation.
This area is no less promising and also allows achieving effective results by forming a professional team of candidates. The list of necessary qualities and skills is determined individually and always depends on the vacancy and legislation.
Features of the reserve in the civil service
The personnel reserve in the civil service is formed on the basis of the relevant Federal Law, which was adopted in July 2007 under No. 79-FZ. This happens on the basis of democratic principles of appointment, to the posts of people according to their practical and business qualities, and to merit in one or another leading post.
In this case, the main thing is the timely rotation of personnel, the creation of conditions for the professional growth of managerial personnel, an unbiased assessment of official work, derived during the certification tests or passing profile examinations.
The Municipal Personnel Reserve in the ideal interpretation is a list of individuals who meet the criteria presented to them at an intellectual, professional and practical level that allows them to effectively fulfill their responsibilities in the future. It also includes specialists who have lost their jobs due to staff reductions or the complete liquidation of a self-governing body. They have gained experience, and no one will lose valuable specialists.
The main priority areas of reserve formation:
- the appointment of qualified professionals, taking into account their professional merit and competence;
- promotion of career development;
- work to improve qualifications;
- creation of a professional reserve and its effective implementation;
- assessment of the results of the activities of municipal employees through certification;
- the use of advanced technologies in the selection of employees upon admission.
The creation of such a reserve of personnel is aimed at the rational arrangement of personnel at vacant posts in city halls, and the constant rotation of talented people in the personnel register.
Features of the government reserve
No less significant direction. Government personnel reserve are highly qualified specialists, creative, with a motivated civic stance and other positive characteristics. All of them can work in the state administration in the regions in various positions or directly in the Government, holding the posts of heads of departments, sectors and so on. If an official, for example, while working on the periphery with the rank of governor of the region, has shown extraordinary abilities to implement social and economic projects, then, of course, he will be seen in government circles. Most likely, his candidacy will be included in the personnel reserve and, when the need arises and the appropriate place is vacated, he will be appointed to a higher position.
Summing up, we can confidently say that personnel reserves are a powerful and highly effective tool in the entire personnel management system, which allows solving problems on a wide scale and pursuing a policy at the proper level.
It is the correct and well-organized work that can bring relevant results. Personnel reserves are one of the strongest links in organizing and managing any structure or education. No wonder they say that cadres decide everything. Work with the personnel reserve is primarily focused on the needs of the company, the need for management and employees and the competent formation of a reserve for further improvement of activities and professionalism.