The main criterion for beauty is clean, healthy skin. Unfortunately, not all are endowed with this advantage. Many people suffer from rashes that cause physical and mental discomfort. To gain confidence in yourself, the first thing you need to figure out is how to get rid of acne.
What is acne and how does it appear
Before you look for ways to get rid of acne, you should understand the nature of this phenomenon. Acne is a chronic inflammatory condition. This is the result of blockage of the sebaceous glands. Skin fat is vital for maintaining the normal functional state of the epidermis, protection against microbes and the negative impact of the external environment. But when the sebaceous glands work too intensely, it becomes a problem, whose name is "comedones."
Most often, teenagers and young people face the problem of acne. This is due to fluctuations in the hormonal background. At an older age, the problem occurs less frequently and is usually associated with metabolic disorders. If you suffer from acne, do not despair, because, according to statistics, 50% of women and 25% of men face acne.
The root causes of the problem
The way to get rid of acne depends largely on the cause of the problem. Here are the main ones:
- hormonal disorders;
- disturbances in the endocrine system;
- violation of the nervous regulation of the functioning of the sebaceous glands;
- acute or chronic diseases of internal organs;
- increased sweating;
- bad ecology;
- bad habits;
- violation of personal hygiene.
Intake of vitamins and minerals
How to get rid of acne? One must act not only from the outside, but also from the inside. To combat acne and maintain healthy skin you need a vitamin-mineral complex:
- Ascorbic acid - increases skin elasticity, accelerates the regeneration process, strengthens protective barriers and inhibits the aging process.
- Vitamin E - neutralizes toxins, increases skin immunity, gives the epidermis elasticity and smoothness, accelerates recovery processes.
- Vitamin A - helps retain moisture in the tissues, promotes the rapid healing of damage.
- Zinc is a component of skin cell membranes, which is vital for the rapid restoration of damaged epidermis.
- Selenium - protects the skin from external negative effects (in particular, from ultraviolet radiation).
How to get rid of acne in a teenager? Most likely, it is worth working on the normalization of the hormonal background. And to minimize the negative effect on the skin, use these inexpensive pharmacy products:
- Zinc ointment - dries acne, relieves inflammation and tightens pores. The tool is applied locally to the rash site.
- Ichthyol ointment - regulates the sebaceous glands due to the high sulfur content. The product literally “draws” pus and fat from the comedone and promotes rapid healing.
- Salicylic alcohol - kills germs and dries acne. Acne treatment with this tool is done pointwise.
- Streptocide ointment - has a pronounced antibacterial effect. Kills microbes, preventing the spread of rash.
The most effective way to get rid of acne on the forehead, chin, cheeks, and also on the body is to consult a cosmetologist. In the cabin you can go through such effective procedures:
- Jacques facial massage. special French technology aimed at normalizing subcutaneous blood circulation, normalizing the sebaceous glands, removing excess sebum. Massage helps to reveal purulent foci and accelerate skin recovery.
- Laser cleaning. It implies the contactless effect of acoustic waves on the affected areas. The laser heats the upper layers of the epidermis, killing microbes, narrowing the pores and preventing the appearance of new foci of inflammation.
- Ultrasound Therapy The procedure has a massage and exfoliating effect through sound vibrations. The technique is aimed at increasing blood flow to the skin, as well as reducing the intensity of sebum production.
- Cryotherapy - exposure to problem areas with liquid nitrogen. It is used with the constant appearance of large painful comedones in the same areas of the skin. Liquid nitrogen kills bacteria that trigger the occurrence of acne, and also stimulates subcutaneous blood circulation.
- Mesotherapy is the introduction of a regiment to the skin of drugs that destroy bacteria, relieve inflammation and promote skin regeneration. The invasive method is recommended for people over 25 years old who do not suffer from skin sensitivity.
The best homemade masks
Folk remedies will help get rid of acne at home. For example, masks, the recipes of which are passed on from generation to generation. Here are the most popular remedies:
- Pour one teaspoon of gelatin with five parts of a heated liquid (milk, juice, herbal broth or just water). When the gelatin swells, heat the composition until the granules dissolve. When the liquid has cooled, add a couple of tablets of activated carbon and a little honey. Spread the product over your face and leave to dry. Peel off the film.
- Mix a tablespoon of lemon juice and a teaspoon of grated raw potatoes with beaten egg white. Add a teaspoon of any cosmetic clay and apply it to the problem areas. Keep a quarter of an hour.
- In equal amounts, mix soda and bran. Add this amount of water to make a pulp of medium density. Apply on steamed skin and massage lightly to remove the stratum corneum. After a quarter of an hour, wash yourself.
- Pour a bag of green tea or herbal tea in a glass of boiling water. When the tea is infused and cools to a warm state, moisten gauze or a clean cloth with it. Put the compress on your face for 5-10 minutes.
Essential oils will help get rid of acne at home. Here are some means to pay special attention to:
Tea tree oil - has a powerful antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effect. Quickly eliminates redness and swelling.
Lemon oil - moisturizes the epidermis, while relieving it of excess sebum. Suppresses inflammatory processes.
Lavender oil - has an antibacterial and soothing effect. Relieves irritation, eliminates itching and redness.
Rosemary oil - normalizes the secretory function of the sebaceous glands and significantly narrows the pores. Significantly accelerates the regeneration of damaged skin.
Thyme oil - increases skin immunity, making the epidermis resistant to microbes and the negative effects of the external environment.
Clove oil - suppresses inflammation. It can be used in combination with other oils as a catalyst.
Essential oils are applied pointwise to acne. Also, a couple of drops can be added to your favorite home masks.
If you are looking for ways in which you can get rid of acne on the face and body, pay attention to medicinal plants. Here are the most effective remedies:
- St. John's wort has disinfecting and astringent properties. To prepare an effective tonic, pour a tablespoon of dry grass with a glass of boiling water and leave for half an hour. With strained infusion, wipe your face twice a day after washing. The shelf life of natural tonic in the refrigerator is no more than three days.
- Aloe is a true "home doctor" that is used to combat a host of problems, including skin diseases. Cut a few fleshy leaves, wrap them in a piece of paper and refrigerate for a week. After that, wipe the problem areas with plant juice daily before bedtime.
- Bay leaf tones the skin, tightens pores and kills microbes. To prepare a powerful anti-acne product, pour five leaves with a glass of vodka, tightly twist and hold in a dark place for three weeks. After that, apply the obtained alcohol lotion on acne.
- Wormwood is a powerful antimicrobial and disinfectant, which also has a rejuvenating effect. Pour boiling water in a spoon of grass and let stand for 8 hours. Pour liquid into ice molds and massage your face with a cold cube every morning.
If you are looking for an effective way to get rid of acne on your face, pay attention to steam baths. This procedure improves blood circulation, cleanses pores and deeply penetrates beneficial substances into the skin. This is done as follows:
- Pour water into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Throw a handful of dry grass (chamomile, calendula, hypericum, peppermint, bay leaf, wormwood, etc.) into the water and boil for another five minutes.
- Let the first pair come out, bend over the pan and cover yourself with a towel to create something like a “greenhouse effect”.
- After five to seven minutes, pat your face with a clean towel and wash yourself with cold water to close your pores.
The procedure should be performed once every two weeks. For people with asthma, cardiovascular disease or dermatitis, this is not a good option to get rid of acne at home.
How to quickly get rid of acne? The first thing to think about is what and in what quantities you eat. It is from the diet that the condition of the skin largely depends. Here are the rules to follow when creating the menu:
- Control the amount of carbohydrates. You need to use them exactly as much as you spend them in accordance with the way of life. All the excess leads to metabolic disorders and skin rashes.
- Consume as much fiber as possible (vegetables, fruits, cereals, and so on). This substance contributes to the mechanical cleansing of the body of toxins and toxins.
- Try to completely abandon fatty and fried, as well as too salty foods. These products provoke excessive activity of the sebaceous glands.
- Consume fermented milk products daily. They contribute to the normalization of the intestinal, on which the normal condition of the skin directly depends.
Additional Acne Treatments
If you want to get rid of acne forever, be prepared for the fact that it’s not just a matter of cosmetic measures. Maintaining beauty and healthy skin is a multifaceted set of measures. Here are the main ones:
- Do not place all your hopes in home procedures only. Be sure to visit a dermatologist and a cosmetologist to determine the cause of the problem and determine the effective treatment.
- Perform the procedure regularly. Even when the skin condition noticeably improves, do not forget about leaving.
- Never crush acne. You run the risk of introducing an infection under the skin and at times increasing the area of rashes. In addition, squeezing is the main cause of post-acne.
- Choose a daily care system that matches your skin type. This will help you constantly maintain the epidermis in good condition.
- Adjust your diet. Enter as many healthy products as possible on the menu and try to completely eliminate “junk” food (soda, snacks, sweets, fast food, etc.).
- Drink plenty of clean water. This will constantly maintain the water balance of the epidermis, which will positively affect its functional state.
- Try to avoid stress and lack of sleep. These negative factors lead to a violation of metabolic processes, which, in turn, provokes rashes.
- Do not forget about moderate physical exertion. They help to saturate the body with oxygen and accelerate metabolic processes.
- Avoid prolonged use in rooms with high humidity or with excessively dry air.
How to get rid of acne on the back, chest and shoulders
Inflammation and rashes appear not only on the face, but also on the body. How to get rid of acne on the arms, shoulders, back and chest? Follow these rules:
- Do not neglect personal hygiene. Take a shower with an antibacterial gel or tar soap every night. It may also be needed during the day if you are sweating after exercise.
- Discard synthetic clothing. It prevents the skin from breathing, which is why the problem of rashes is exacerbated.
- Do not wear tight things. Rubbing the tissue against the skin provokes the spread of infection.
- Choose the right detergent. Avoid aggressive powders. Use baby hypoallergenic products or regular household soap.
- Take herbal baths. Camomile, mint, calendula, thyme works well.
- Take a sun bath. It helps to dry out acne.
- Wash your hair regularly. Fat from the scalp and hair, falling on the shoulders and back, can provoke rashes.
If at the moment you have clean healthy skin, this does not mean that you can relax and not think about acne. This insidious problem can overtake you at any moment. To prevent this, follow these preventative recommendations:
- Follow the rules of personal hygiene. You need to wash your face twice a day using special cleansers.
- Do not use soap. It overdries the skin, provoking excessive activity of the sebaceous glands.
- Do not forget about hydration. Even oily skin needs a moisturizer with a light texture.
- Use care products appropriate for your skin type. Otherwise, you risk disrupting the sebaceous glands.
- Do not abuse makeup. Powder and foundation clog pores, provoking inflammatory processes.
- Do not go to bed with makeup. The reason is the same. Remains of cosmetics clog pores.
- Touch your face as little as possible with your hands. Especially during the day when you touch the money, use public transport, greet other people in the arms.
- Do not forget about peeling. Scrubbing agents should be used 1-2 times a week. This will help the skin get rid of keratinized cells for a more intensive supply of oxygen and beneficial substances.