The stamping technique is a real discovery for modern fashionistas. With his appearance, the need to turn to the services of a master for applying a beautiful pattern on nails disappeared. Now it is possible to change the image on the nails daily. How to learn an amazing way is described in the article.
Unknown word "stamping"
What is stamping - a question that excites every girl following herself, who for the first time heard this word. The word Stamp in English means "stamp". That is, the technique involves transferring the imprint of the drawing to the nails. The technique is easy to master on your own, although in the salons they may well offer this type of manicure design.
For the success of any undertaking, as you know, you need to develop a skill. A method such as nail stamping is no exception. Reviews indicate that it is quite realistic to master the technique in a week.
Drawings are performed using a special set of simple tools and paints. Stunning images, as if created by a thin brush in the artist’s solid hand, now every girl can afford. Thanks to this technique, it became possible to create interesting drawings on the nails without leaving home.
The benefits of stamping
What is nail stamping in the first place? This is a technique involving accurate and accurate application of fine detail images to the nail.
A bonus for those who purchased the kit and started stamping is the ability to decorate postcards, phones, earrings, pendants, watches and other items. If desired, you can even decorate the refrigerator or furniture.
In any case, the question: “What is stamping for nails?” photos respond more clearly than any words. And these images look bright and beautiful, are a clear evidence that now you can completely forget about the stickers on the nails. And everything you need for the procedure is now sold in every self-respecting cosmetic store.
The undoubted advantage of stamping is saving on manicure in the salon, as well as a more rational use of your own free time. Although this is more true for those girls who have already mastered the technique of drawing drawings.
What is a stamping kit?
What is stamping in manicure and what devices are needed for its implementation, it becomes clear when you purchase a set. In the kit there are such items:
- A metal disk is a plate with drawings carved on it. One such product may contain 7 or more engravings. There are a lot of discs on sale, so it’s easy to find something on your own.
- A stamp that looks like a seal. Its purpose is to move the image from the disk to the nail.
- Scraper - a plastic scraper equipped with a convenient handle that removes excess paint. This tool has no sharp parts, notches.
- Paints designed specifically for use. They are bottled in the same bottles as nail polishes, but have a thicker consistency. These funds do not spread, so that the drawings are clear.
How to use a stamping kit
The following describes how to make nail stamping step by step. With the photos in the article, to master the technique is easier and more understandable. The procedure for creating a manicure:
- Remove the cuticle and shape the nails.
- Apply a base and then the background color.
- If the disk is new, then you need to remove the film from it, decide on the engraving and cover it with paint.
- Gently and easily move the scraper to remove excess varnish from the disk.
- Confidently press a stamp to the image.
- Transfer the drawing to the surface of the nail.
- Cover with fixative.
- After completing work, clean the tools with solvent.
Buying a kit and stamping machines
All items for this drawing technique are sold separately. Therefore, it is best to purchase a scraper and stamp, and then separately buy discs with the desired images and paint for them.
Using the tools from the kit is simple and convenient, but if desired, the task is facilitated even more. Now stamping can be done not only with your hands, but you can purchase a special machine for it. Disks coated with paint are introduced into the device. On the opposite side there is a hole in which you need to insert a portion of a finger with a nail. The picture is printed immediately after pressing the button.
If you plan to purchase such a machine, then it is not at all necessary to study in detail what stamping for nails is, as well as develop skills. To make a manicure becomes possible very quickly and at any time, without fear for quality. Just do not forget that in any case you need to stock up on a base coat and a transparent fixative.
Preparation for the procedure
To make the drawings vivid, you need to use small secrets:
- Wash hands in warm water, pat dry with a napkin or wipe well with a towel. They should not be wet, as this interferes with the work. It is also impossible to smear them with cream before the procedure.
- The surface of the nail must be degreased with acetone. Otherwise, the picture is not printed completely.
- Choose the design of nails, guided by the style of the image and the color of the clothes, as well as determine the angle of the picture. This must be done in advance, because in the process the paint dries quickly, leaving no time to think about the nuances of design.
- Apply a base coat and wait for it to dry, otherwise when applying the stamp it wrinkles and shifts.
As a main coating, varnishes with mother of pearl or sequins are not suitable. The drawings on them are not bright enough, and the contrast is fading.
If you first push the skin roller framing the nail with your thumb, a large area for the drawing is freed. At the same time, under the influence of the stamp, the cuticle also shifts slightly.
It should be remembered that the perfect image is the result of a modified skill, and not just very good tools. Therefore, the stages of stamping should be brought to automaticity:
- On the selected stencil you need to apply varnish. On the disk, it dries in literally seconds, but on the nails it takes longer, so you need to work quickly.
- Excess paint must be removed instantly from the surface of the screen with a scraper. Make it strong, since you need to remove excess, and at the same time gently so that the paint remains in the recesses. In this case, it is best to keep the scraper tilted at an angle of 45 degrees.
- Press the stamp onto the plate by rolling it over the surface of the disc. The right push appears with experience. But do not forget that everything needs to be done quickly, because the paint on the plate dries in seconds.
- Press the stamp with the prepared image to the nail and roll it over the surface from one edge to the other. Although the drawing dries quickly, you still need to be careful not to smudge it.
What is stamping? The sequence of correct actions. Paint on the drawing must be applied quickly and confidently over the entire size of the stencil. If you slightly drop on the edge of the image in order to distribute it with a scraper, then the recesses are filled unevenly, the material dries out early.
If there is a varnish on the nails that is already time to be washed off, then this is the best training ground in order to start studying stamping for nails. The reviews indicate that it does not take a lot of time to master the technique and pretty soon it turns out to even develop its little secrets.
If the drawing fails
If the picture is not fully displayed, this indicates a drying of the varnish or oily surface of the nail. When the image does not look perfect, it is better to erase it and start again. Because the ideality and sharpness of the lines is the principle of such a technique as stamping for nails. The application technique must be worked out.
If you cannot transfer the drawing, because the paint dries too quickly, you need to wipe it with acetone before applying varnish to the disk. Small drops are retained in the recesses, due to which the varnish hardens longer. Each time, proceeding to the other finger, it is necessary to wipe the tools with a solvent.
When working, you must remember that the sharpness of the lines is an essential condition for such a procedure as stamping for nails. The reviews also confirm that it is very important to purchase a quality kit. With it, it’s much easier to master the stamping technique.
Completion of the procedure
As you can see, it’s not difficult to use the recommendations, master them and, by analogy, start stamping for nails step by step. After completing the procedure, it is necessary to clean the stamp and disc from varnish. And from the scraper, instantly and without waiting for hardening, remove the paint with a paper towel.
The image should be fixed with transparent varnish. It must be applied with one stroke and without pressing the nail with a brush. The task is to distribute the drop over the surface with a slight movement.
It is better to clean the skin after stamping with a cotton swab dipped in a solvent. In addition, you can use adhesive tape, to the sticky side of which all small pieces of varnish are glued, cleansing the skin. The working part of the stamp is processed in the same way.
Tips for the success of the event, according to the reviews of girls
If necessary, the scraper can be replaced with a plastic card. Some girls use varnishes that are thick and bright instead of paints. You can experiment with acrylic paints.
Some wizards recommend using a fixer immediately after the base, and create a drawing on top. In this case, the image is brighter and more contrast. Of course, the disadvantage of the technique is that the pattern on the end of the nail erases faster. But the rest of the picture is saved and looks bright, which implies the technique of "stamping" for nails.
The reviews are direct evidence that if the plate with the recesses is very filled with dried varnish and rubbing does not help, then do not clean it with sharp objects. In this case, it is very likely to damage the image. It is recommended that the disc be placed in nail polish remover for several minutes.
If the room is hot, the air conditioner is running, the fan is open, or the window is simply open, then the varnish on the disk freezes even faster. Therefore, any draft in the room must be excluded.
Should I stamp on gel polish?
Stamping on shellac is very convenient, because you do not have to worry about covering the nail, but apply the print immediately. If the drawing quickly bothers, then there is no difficulty in changing it at least daily.
To apply the image to gel polish, there are 2 ways, consisting in changing the order of actions:
- Cover with a fixative layer of shellac, and then draw a picture.
- Apply a stamp and then finish.
The undoubted advantage of stamping on gel polish is the ability to frequently change patterns. You can erase the stamps without any regrets, because the main varnish remains. It takes a little time to design the nails, which is very convenient.
When performing such a manicure, you just need to adhere to a few simple rules:
- Gel polish for applying images should not be used, since it does not print.
- Wash existing or failed prints with an acetone-free liquid.
- Before drawing a picture from shellac it is necessary to remove a sticky layer.
It can be concluded that indeed many girls are interested in such a new method as stamping for nails. What it is? A technique that allows you to create impeccable images with your own hands and without significant effort. You need to spend time on several workouts - and this skill becomes an indispensable tool in creating nails with unique patterns.