Exercises on a special step platform are the most effective in matters of body shaping. Classes on this equipment can be carried out both at home and in the gym. The board takes up little space, does not require special care, and you can do it yourself. The made step platform with your own hands completely replaces the purchased one.
Step-board is a unique and very simple simulator, which makes it possible to organize a full-fledged fitness training without leaving home, if trips to the gym are unavailable for any reason.
In specialized sports stores you can buy boards of various types and modifications, but their cost can not be called cheap. Therefore, many who want to engage in a step at home are wondering how to replace the step platform. The article talks about this, as well as what kind of equipment it is and what characteristics it should have.
What is the step platform for?
In order to make a complete and, most importantly, safe for humans design, you need to know what it is and what qualities it has.
This simulator is designed for the comprehensive development of the muscles of the buttocks, legs and cardiovascular system. Exercises on this equipment are an imitation of walking on the stairs with the inclusion of dance elements. Also, the board can be used as a sports bench.
Sports equipment and equipment intended for active training should initially be strong and stable. The same applies to the platform. This simulator reminds a step or an ordinary box having a rectangular shape. Industrial platforms are made of high-quality plastic with a rubberized surface, sold in any sporting goods store.
It is important to observe a number of requirements for safe occupations when making board yourself.
Requirements for classes and a platform for the step
Step aerobics is similar to sports dances with the only difference being that in the step the movements are performed around the platform, with the ascent and descent from it, which imposes certain requirements on the classes.
- It is necessary to deal with lightweight sneakers with ventilation (mesh) and non-slip soles.
- The space for performing the exercises should be sufficient so that you do not have to touch the objects in the vicinity during the dance.
- The platform must be installed on a flat surface in order to prevent loosening and displacement of it during the execution of movements.
A correctly calculated step design will make it possible to avoid sprains and injuries and will allow you to train with pleasure.
DIY step platform must comply with the following requirements.
- Good strength characteristics. This is important, especially if the person is overweight. The board must not break or be damaged in any other way during classes.
- Non-slip surface. This requirement applies both to the upper surface, which is directly involved in the exercise (that is, the leg should not be able to slide off the board), and to the lower part (that is, the platform itself should not slip on the surface on which it is installed).
- Excellent stability. This quality will not allow the board to roll over if the athlete steps on the edge of the simulator.
These requirements are met by the correct selection of material from which the platform will be made independently, as well as by the choice of its design and weight.
What is the difference
A self-made step platform does have a number of differences from industrial products that you need to know. She does not have the following qualities.
- Cushioning for kicks to the surface. This applies to jumping and energetic steps. Purchased boards are made from special springy plastics, which are not available on the market. Therefore, it is dangerous to jump on the home board, as you can tuck joints. You need to try to perform exercises that are not related to jumping and jumping.
- Height adjustment. This feature is designed to increase or decrease the load during classes. This is especially important at the beginning, when a beginner should have a lower platform. To complicate the home design for the sake of this makes no sense. Moreover, you can not pile parts of the simulator on top of each other. It’s easier to make a higher board over time.
The dimensional requirements for making this simulator are as follows:
- The width of the upper work surface must be such that the athlete's foot fits freely on it. At the same time, it should not be too wide so that you can easily step over it. The optimal width, depending on the size of the legs and height, will be a parameter from forty centimeters to half a meter.
- The height of the step platform depends on the degree of preparation of the athlete. For beginners, this size should be from ten to fifteen centimeters, over time it is brought to thirty. It has been proven that an increase in step height of five centimeters adds strain on the muscles to 12%.
- The length of the board is one and a half meters. The parameter depends on the comfortable position “legs are slightly wider than shoulder width”. With this setting of the body, the feet should not hang from the edges and stand level. So you can choose the optimal length.
Materials for the manufacture
To meet all the requirements for this simulator, the do-it-yourself step platform can be made of wooden boards of appropriate sizes. You will also need small cloves and PVA glue.
It would also be nice to have a rubberized canvas or draped fabric to cover the work surface and rubber lining for an impromptu bottom or legs.
If a solid board of the appropriate height is taken for manufacture, then it is only necessary to process all sides and glue the coating on the top of the board and rubber strips on the bottom.
In order to accurately measure the dimensions, you need a ruler, and for measuring evenness - a level. The platform should be made without distortions and not stagger.
How to make a step platform yourself
In order to make your own step platform, you must take the following steps.
- It is necessary to prepare a meter-long and forty-centimeter-wide board for the working surface. If you want to make the simulator larger, then the sizes are selected individually.
- Using a bar, put together four sides and a work board so that you get a box about twenty centimeters high.
- Measure a perfectly horizontal surface, if necessary, process it so that the step board stands firmly and does not stagger.
- Sand the external parts of the simulator.
- Sports equipment and equipment for active sports should be stable and safe, therefore non-slip material is glued to the upper surface, it is nailed along the edges with studs or an assembly gun.
- The same material is likewise attached from below along the edges or along the entire length, as desired.
The platform is ready. On the Internet resources you can find many interesting exercises for classes on this simulator. Independently and correctly made, it will bring the body a lot of benefits and pleasure.