A laptop is a portable device that can be used in almost any part of the home. An improper surface can lead to overheating of the system, so you should use a special stand. The cost of such a product is quite high, so a do-it-yourself laptop stand is the best way to improve laptop security. In this case, decorating and designing is easier than finding a suitable stand for the device.
Materials that can be used to make the stand
To make a stand for a laptop with your own hands, you need to choose the appropriate material for the case. At the time of selection, it is worth considering the features of working with raw materials. Therefore, the ideal model with which you had experience is the ideal option.
The construction market offers a huge variety of products from which it is easy to make a stand. Each of them has its advantages and disadvantages:
- Plywood is an ideal raw material for the manufacture of the simplest product. Working with plywood is quick and easy.
- Wooden boards and planks are an option for more complex manufacturing. But the life of such material is much longer than plywood.
- Plastic is suitable for the manufacture of temporary structures of this type. The case will turn out to be fragile and unstable.
These are the most affordable and easiest options for making coasters. Craftsmen combine several options with each other. The most durable and long-term option will be metal, but here some experience is needed in working with such material.
Secrets of simple and quality workmanship
Knowing a few secrets regarding the functionality of the device, we can distinguish several manufacturing secrets. Then a home-made laptop stand will perform all the functions that are inherent in expensive finished products of this type. Each tip will bring a makeshift design closer to the perfect gadget attachment.
Tips for making a laptop stand include several standard points:
- It is better to design with minimal enclosure.
- It is worth choosing a material that will not be very hot from the working mechanism.
- It is undesirable to cover the surface of the structure with paint or varnish, other flammable substances.
- If the case is continuous, then it is worth making several holes through which minimal ventilation of the system will be made.
- It is desirable that the structure partially folds. So the stand will take up less space during non-use.
There are other secrets that depend on what material is used in the production base of this design.
What tools and materials need to be prepared for the manufacture of plywood stands
An ideal option for a budget, but quite decent stand would be plywood. It is simple to work with material, environmental friendliness and long-term operation are guaranteed. First you need to pick up the necessary tools:
- Jigsaw, with the help of which the plywood itself is divided.
- Self-tapping screws that are selected in accordance with the thickness of plywood.
- Sandpaper of various grain sizes.
- Plastic cable channel with plywood thickness parameters.
- 2 small canopies.
- Rubber lining for furniture.
- Plywood sheet.
- File and grinder.
- Sponge for washing dishes or a rag.
Some materials may be unnecessary when making another model of plywood stand. Additional items are sometimes required for the list.
The algorithm for making the easiest stand
A laptop stand made of plywood is made in accordance with the following algorithm:
- A drawing is prepared on which dimensions, shapes and decorative elements are indicated. Design functionality is selected.
- Using a ruler and a simple pencil, dimensions are transferred to the plywood board. Using a jigsaw, the main body shape is cut out.
- Wipe sanding areas with sandpaper and a grinder. Small gaps and grooves are sanded with a file.
- Using a rag or sponge to wipe the area of the processed saw cut. This will help remove building dust.
- Slices are closed using a plastic cable channel.
- Parts are collected by screwing in screws. If the legs are folded, canopies will be used.
- In places where the stand can touch the surfaces of the table, rubber pads are fixed. This is done so that the structure does not slip.
Using the same algorithm, stands for laptops with cooling are manufactured. It is enough to design a system that consists of a cooler and a power supply.
DIY stand cooling system
The simplest cooling system in the stand is the recesses in the structure in the place where the bottom of the laptop will be located. A more innovative option is a mechanism with automatic operation. Both the first and second options can be constructed independently.
To create a cooling system you will need:
- Rough A4 paperboard.
- Cooler from an old computer.
- USB plug.
- 15 centimeters of wire in a rubber insulator.
- Scissors, knife, electrical tape, screwdriver.
A cooling pad for a laptop is assembled quickly, since an already-finished system is installed on a ready-made case. To create a mechanism, you need skills in working with technology, so it is better to contact a specialist. The cooling mechanism will be powered via a USB port from the laptop.
Dressing is made in accordance with the type of material from which the stand for a laptop is made with your own hands. If metal parts are present in the product, they must be painted over. This eliminates the appearance of rust and corrosion.
Plywood can also be painted. There are special paints that do not heat up when exposed to warm air. The tree is often opened with varnish or stain. The wooden base can be glued with special stickers or self-adhesive wallpaper for furniture.
High-quality decoration can be wood carving, burning a picture on plywood. Metal and clay elements will also be relevant for decorating the product. Mounted with a glue gun away from heat.
Beautiful stand made of wood
A wooden structure will look very expensive and beautiful. At the same time, the material is completely environmentally friendly and natural, it will last a long time without breakdowns and claims. To work with wood, more serious tools and skills are needed than with plywood.
A wooden laptop stand can be a small table with legs. And the easiest option will be the stand-frame. This design is easier to do than a solid laptop table. You need to buy several planks of medium thickness. Take measurements from the laptop and saw the slats. Twist the segments using self-tapping screws in the form of a frame.
It should be noted that the size of the frame should be slightly smaller than the dimensions of the bottom of the device. By the type of frame, legs for the stand can also be made. Connection to the main body is through the use of awnings. Fixed option - self-tapping screws.
Before making a stand for a laptop, you need to think about the additional functionality of the product. You can make a table that will be used to serve breakfast in bed. You can use it while watching TV as a food stand.
It is possible to make small compartments in the case where flash drives, cords, and vacuum headphones will be placed. Pens, notebooks are placed here. Some models may have bookstands or LED table lamps.
If you want, then you can think about other points regarding the use of the design and its equipment.
Extraordinary designs in the modern sense
Even a child can make a laptop stand with his own hands using modern design solutions. At the same time, manufacturing time and material costs will be minimal.
From the remnants of plastic pipes, stands are stacked in the form of a table with high legs. Pipes are folded like a designer, so the design can change almost every day. From thick cardboard from ordinary boxes for transportation using scissors, you can create a small stand. Fastening is done with the help of incisions that fold like grooves.
In many cases, the eccentricity of the design lies in the incompatible combination of types of materials, finishes and colors.