Search engines have a complex mechanism that allows not only to search for information according to user requests, but also to sort it according to the specified settings. Previously, when such sites only appeared, they could only find the necessary data without ranking them. That is, if you needed to find information about the sale of real estate in your city, then it was necessary to specify it. Now everything has changed. Search engines configured in accordance with our needs significantly reduce the search time and allow you to get only the information we really need.
A similar situation is with the popular Russian search engine. If you do not specify a region in its settings, then the information on your request will be issued in a general form, which causes many inconveniences.
That is, for example, you want to buy an apartment in your city. Let's say it will be Samara. Having written “buy an apartment” in the search bar of the Yandex service, you will see all the offers in Russia. To obtain data specifically about your city, you will have to add “in Samara” to the request. All this could be avoided if the search region in the system were configured.
How to change the city in Yandex
Region settings can be set to any user of this site. Moreover, it is not necessary to have an account with Yandex. Just be its user. You can change the city in Yandex in two ways. Choose the one that is more convenient for you.
- We go to the Yandex website, to the main page.
- We look at the right side of the screen, namely up. There you can see the link "Personal settings". Click on it.
- Next, select the "Change city".
- In the window that opens, we find an empty line and write our city there, and then save the entered data.
- Done! Now all information on your search queries will be displayed only in relation to your city. The same applies to gadgets on the Yandex website: weather, maps, traffic jams, and so on.
The second option:
- You can also change the city in Yandex with a direct search. We open the site.
- We find the search line (in the middle of the page).
- Immediately below it you can see the link "Advanced Search". Click on it.
- You will see a field where you can enter the city for which information you are interested.
In such simple ways, you can change the city in Yandex. Please note that the issuance of information on request is carried out not only on the basis of the site settings that you determine yourself, but also taking into account your preferences and early requests. If your city in Yandex does not change, then try to enter the search engine through a different browser and make sure that after specifying the city in the corresponding field, you confirm your choice by clicking the "save" button. If you are the owner of an account on this site and indicated a different location during registration, then do not worry. You can change the city in Yandex in exactly the same ways that we examined earlier.