Textiles are an integral element of any interior, no matter in which style it is designed. It is he who gives home comfort, gloss, refreshes the space. But in order that your house does not turn into a huge dust bag, does not become a source of an allergic reaction for households, it is necessary to periodically arrange a large-scale washing. It would seem that innovative technologies have simplified the life of modern housewives so much that no one even thinks about how to wash the tulle correctly: just put everything in the washing machine, choosing the right mode. But how to remove pollution, dust from a delicate surface as carefully as possible without loss of quality, only a few know. As part of this material, we will talk about how to wash tulle in a washing machine. Our valuable advice and recommendations will definitely replenish the knowledge of the modern hostess.
Can I use a vending machine?
Every modern house has a washing machine, women no longer heat water, practically do not soak things, and certainly do not wash the curtains with their hands. Before answering the question of how to wash tulle in a washing machine, let's see if it is possible to use the miracle of modern progress to remove pollution.
You can use an automatic machine for washing tulle, it is not prohibited by modern manufacturers of textiles and washing machines. True, for this it is necessary to use the delicate washing mode with a low water temperature. If you are dealing with a very delicate fabric, it is better to use a special laundry bag, which can be purchased at any hardware store. It is inexpensive, but it eliminates unnecessary experiences. Do not believe? Read the reviews of those negligent housewives who neglected the advice, eventually ruining the tulle or washing machine.
Take care correctly
Tulle is a delicate, simply put, delicate material that requires special care. Any mechanical effect is contraindicated for him, which certainly should not be forgotten when resorting to machine wash. We will give you some general recommendations:
The main enemy of tulle is hot water. It is she who gives after washing an unpleasant dirty yellow hue and stiffness. In order to prevent this, it is recommended to wash the tulle exclusively in cool water, the temperature of which does not exceed 30-40 degrees. Passing a multi-stage cleaning system, water enters our apartments in a hard form, it contains a huge amount of impurities. That is why it certainly will not be superfluous to use special emollients, for example Calgon. If you are categorically against modern chemicals, trust only proven grandmother's recipes, use ordinary rock salt to soften the water - just soak the tulle with it for 25-30 minutes.
During the operation of the tulle, even if the basic rules for caring for it are observed, it is unlikely to avoid dust settling. That is why the main question that all the housewives are asked is: "How to wash the tulle so that it is white?" Here is one way proven over the years: immediately after washing, rinse the fabric in water with a few drops of blue. The main thing here is not to overdo it: it takes only 2-3 drops per 10 liters of water.
In order to avoid the formation of “creases” and yellow spots, it is better to straighten it immediately after washing and hang it still wet directly on the cornice - it will independently take its original shape and dry.
If you do not know how to wash the tulle so that it is white in the washing machine, be careful not to spoil the delicate material, use valuable recommendations. It would seem that it is difficult in the washing process: put the tulle in a special bag for delicate washing, chose the correct mode and went to do other, equally important things. But if everything was so simple and obvious, no one would ask how to wash the tulle in the washing machine. Of course, it is unlikely that you can help the miracle of modern technological progress, but following a number of rules, you will definitely be able to increase the safety and effectiveness of washing.
How to wash the tulle so that it is snow-white in a washing machine? If your main task is to achieve the initial whiteness, remember that tulle is very fond of preliminary soaking. Do not worry about its duration - in this case, “water procedures” for dirty tulle can be arranged even for 10-12 hours, for example at night.
How to wash the tulle in the washing machine? Most often, delicate fabric is damaged during the spin cycle at high speeds. That is why during washing, set the minimum number of turns. If your machine has the ability to turn off the spin, it is better to use it and squeeze the tulle yourself.
Once again, we remind that the tulle is afraid of hot water, so the optimum temperature for washing it will be a mark of 30-40 degrees.
Well, it’s not necessary to “push” the tulle into the drum of the washing machine. If you want to know how to wash the tulle in a washing machine, be sure to purchase a bag for delicate washing and carefully fold the tulle into it - in this position it is not afraid of machine vibrations.
Return the whiteness
How to wash the tulle so that it is snow-white in a washing machine - perhaps the main question! Indeed, in the end, with the help of washing, we want to achieve a pristine appearance.
- Chemicals There are enough gentle bleaches, powders on the market, designed to deal with heavy stubborn dirt and yellowness of snow-white fabrics. They can be purchased at any hardware store. Tip: carefully study the composition and the recommendations that the manufacturer gives.
- Ammonium hydroxide and hydrogen peroxide. To prepare a miracle remedy in a basin with water, dissolve 3% of a tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide and ammonium hydroxide. Lay the tulle in it, leaving it in this position for 20-30 minutes, then rinse with running water and place it in the drum of the washing machine. Important: use rubber gloves to soak, as you are dealing with an aggressive alkaline environment.
- Salt solution allows you to remove even stubborn dirt.
Types of fabrics
The choice of fabrics is so multifaceted that tulle can be represented by both capron and organza. That is why it is important to know the features of washing various types of fabric. Having become acquainted with them, you will probably understand why some time ago the method of washing tulle recommended by a friend did not bring the expected result:
- Organza and chiffon are by far one of the most popular options. In order to remove dirt from the surface of the fabric, it is enough to soak the tulle in warm water with the addition of a mild detergent, then rinse and place in the washing machine. This fabric does not require prior cladding.
- Kapron. Tulle from kapron should be washed at temperatures up to 30 degrees, otherwise you can not avoid the appearance of an unpleasant yellowish tint. Do not worry that at such a temperature the washing will be ineffective - it is quite enough to remove impurities.
- Cotton blended fabrics. If you do not know how to wash the tulle correctly so that it turns white, but does not lose its shape, do not be afraid to use a higher temperature (up to 70 degrees).
- Kiseya is one of the most delicate fabrics for which an exceptionally gentle machine wash is suitable for temperatures up to 35 degrees. It is necessary to wash the curtains from kisei in a special bag, after first braiding the canvases into a light pigtail - this will save you from unraveling the knots.
Iron or not?
We wash and bleach tulle effectively - this is what we are talking about in the framework of this material. But there is another question: "Is it necessary to iron the tulle or is it better to refuse the effects of steam?" It is absolutely not necessary to iron the tulle - under its own weight on the ledge it will take its form. But the use of a small amount of starch is useful for any fabric - so you can prevent contamination and help the material maintain its shape for a long time.
As part of this material, we answered the question of how to wash tulle in a washing machine, what means can be used, what temperature to choose. We sincerely hope that these tips and tricks will help you restore your original look to your home textiles, refresh them and protect them from pollution.