Pasta with cream sauce and salmon caviar, better known here as Pearl pasta, is an original and rather refined, but high-calorie dish, popular among different peoples of Europe. Abroad, it is considered a separate dish, while in our country such a paste is often used as a side dish.
To prepare 4 servings of pasta you will need:
1. Tasty pasta, 200 - 250 gr. dry or 450-500 gr. boiled. “Delicious” refers to high-quality durum wheat products. Most often these are feathers or spirals. Europeans prefer to use long pasta for this dish: spaghetti or tagliatelle.
2. Fat cream (33%) - 200-300 ml.
3. Salmon caviar - from 2 tbsp. tablespoons to 100-150 gr. (in other words, to taste).
4. Butter - 10-15 gr.
5. Lemon juice and / or zest.
6. Ground nutmeg, pepper and salt to taste.
The first step is to prepare the sauce: you need to melt the butter in a saucepan, pour the cream into it and bring them to a boil over low heat. After that, add lemon juice, zest and spices. After a minute, the sauce will thicken. Remove it from the heat, cool slightly. Gently spawn eggs.
Then boil the paste to the state of "al dente", throw it in a colander and transfer to a creamy sauce, then warm it. It is important not to overdo it, otherwise the caviar will begin to burst and lose shape.
If you do everything right, then in the end you will get delicious and very elegant pasta. The photo is inspiring, isn't it?
Variation with canned goods
If the traditional “Pearl” seemed fresh to you, try adding canned salmon to it.
1. Pasta, 250 gr. dry or 500 gr. boiled.
2. Canned salmon in own juice - 1 can (about 200 gr.).
3. Salmon caviar (trout or other red fish) - 100 gr.
4. Fat cream or sour cream - 200 ml.
5. Spices, breadcrumbs - optional.
6. The salt.
Take the fish out of the can, take out the bones, mash the flesh. Transfer to a pan. If you think it is necessary, you can add spices and / or breading. Pour in the cream and bring the fish sauce to a boil.
Boil the pasta, drain the water and, without washing (good pasta does not need this), put it in the sauce. Heat it, but do not bring it to a boil. Add caviar. You will get not the most exquisite, but satisfying Pearl pasta!
This version is ideal for a gala dinner. Smoked salmon makes the dish more savory.
So, to cook the Royal Pearl pasta, you will need:
1. Dry pasta - 200-250 gr. or boiled (450-500 gr.).
2. Smoked red fish - from 150 to 300 gr. (taste).
3. Low-fat (10%) cream - 200 ml.
4. Salmon caviar - 100-150 gr.
5. Olive or butter (for frying).
6. Table white wine, spices (to taste, you can not add at all).
7. Grated cheese and herbs for decoration.
You need to start again with the sauce. Grind or cut salmon fillet into narrow ribbons, quickly fry it in a pan in butter or olive oil. Add cream and simmer fish in them for about 10 minutes. If you want a truly noble taste, pour a little dry wine. Salt the fish, but very moderately (since then caviar will be added to the sauce).
Boil the pasta. Let them be a little damp, it will only benefit them. Drain the water. Meanwhile, your sauce will cool slightly and you can add caviar to it. Combine pasta and sauce. Serve garnished with parsley and grated parmesan.
Agree, luxury pasta! Photo attached.
Pearl pasta is cooked for about 30 minutes. Since the dish is high-calorie, it is better to eat it for lunch. This pasta goes well with stewed vegetables or vegetable snacks, which contribute to the absorption of trace elements and accelerate the process of digestion. When serving, it is recommended to decorate the dish with lettuce, parsley or chopped herbs. If you add a teaspoon of red caviar to each plate, your Delicious pasta will look even more appetizing and attractive.