In addition to the usual coins that "live" in all our wallets, the Central Bank of Russia regularly mintes and issues anniversary coins. How do they look? And what is the cost of individual such instances? In our article you will find not only answers to these questions, but also a list of 10-ruble jubilee coins. It is about them that we will discuss later.
Commemorative coins of Russia
The 10-ruble jubilee coins of the Central Bank of Russia (or simply “dozens,” as they are also called in the numismatic society) are not precious. Nevertheless, the number of people who want to collect just them, only increases every year. Such numismatists are usually divided into two types.
The first collect all copies of 10-ruble jubilee coins indiscriminately. Others take this process more seriously and systematically. Such collectors "hunt" for copies of a particular series or even a specific mint (Moscow or St. Petersburg). By the way, the abbreviation of the manufacturing enterprise is indicated on the obverse of all 10-ruble jubilee coins.
Understanding the full variety of these banknotes is very difficult. Experienced numismatists, of course, cope with this task. But novice collectors will encounter many difficulties here. Indeed, the complete collection of 10-ruble coins (commemorative) totals today more than a hundred different copies of this denomination. And to understand which of them are more expensive is not easy. It is for such beginners that our article should help.
Below you can find a list of anniversary 10-ruble coins, as well as their series.
What metals are these coins made of?
Depending on what metal the money is made of, all commemorative 10-ruble coins of Russia can be divided into two large classes:
The first began to mint only in 2001, and they, as a rule, are distinguished by low cost (about 50 rubles per 1 piece). These are yellow banknotes with brass plating.
Bimetallic coins, in turn, have been minted since 2000. In everyday life, they are much less common. Their appearance is pretty cute: the central cupronickel disk is bordered on the outside with a brass ring.
10 ruble commemorative coins: series list
To date, there are five series of such coins. We list them:
- "Ancient cities of Russia": includes 34 different coins, which were issued from 2002 to 2014 with the same circulation (5 million pieces). Among them there are specimens dedicated to Pskov, Kazan, Belgorod, Smolensk, Kaliningrad and other ancient cities of the country.
- Series "Russian Federation": totals only 39 coins with the arms of different subjects of the Russian Federation. These copies were issued with different circulation. So, for example, the coin "Lipetsk Region" was issued in circulation with a circulation of 10 million pieces. But the coat of arms of the Chechen Republic can be found only on 100,000 characters of this series.
- Series "Ministry of Russia": totals only 7 coins issued in 2002. Indeed, in 2002, the 200th anniversary of the founding of the first ministries in Russia was celebrated.
- Series "Cities of Military Glory". She started in 2011. Today, commemorative coins with images of 32 different cities have been issued. Since the list of settlements with this honorary title is constantly updated with new names, in the near future numismatists can expect the release of new coins of this series.
- A series of "ten" that are dedicated to all kinds of memorable dates. Here you can find various specimens. For example, in 2001, a coin was issued in honor of the 40th anniversary of the first space flight of Yuri Gagarin. There are quite exotic examples here: like, for example, a coin in honor of the All-Russian Population Census.
A bit about the real price of these coins
What is the cost of "ten" is real? Particular attention should be paid to this issue, so that later, out of ignorance, you do not have to give too much money for a specific “penny”.
It is immediately worth noting that the cost of an anniversary coin of this denomination depends on the following factors:
- circulation of the issue;
- the degree of preservation and appearance of the coin (of course, worn copies with various external defects will cost less than their brand-new counterparts);
- year of issue (the earlier the coin was minted - the higher its value will be);
- the stigma of the mint (in some cases, a coin issued at one of two factories may cost more).
As mentioned above, the value of such banknotes depends on the metal. So, steel coins are much cheaper. Their average price is 50 rubles. Bimetallic coins sell more expensively: from 150 to 500 rubles apiece.
The rarest coins are "tens"
Among the "ten" there are those that are more difficult to find than others. Accordingly, their cost will be much higher.
So, coins with the image of the Chechen Republic and the Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Okrug on the reverse can be considered the most expensive. For them, the collector will have to pay a substantial amount: about ten thousand rubles per copy. Why are these coins so expensive? The whole thing is in circulation, which in this case is only 100 thousand copies.
Also, numismatists hunt for another coin from the same series - "Republic of North Ossetia-Alania". It is valued by collectors for rare herds and sold at a price of about 800-900 rubles.
However, other 10-ruble jubilee coins are quite expensive. Even despite the fact that their circulation is quite decent: 5-10 million copies. What is the reason for this?
The fact is that with the advent in everyday life, most of these coins settled "dead weight" in the piggy banks of many ordinary fellow citizens who are not collectors. Thus, it became much more difficult for numismatists to get these coins. A high demand, according to the main law of the economy, and forms the high price of the goods.
2014 10 ruble commemorative coins: list
A lot of commemorative coins - "ten" was issued in 2014. Their entire list is presented in the table below.
Coins- "tens", issued in 2014
|Coin Name||Total circulation|
|Nerekhta||5 million pieces|
|"Saratov region"||10 million|
|"Tyumen region"||10 million|
|"Chelyabinsk region"||10 million|
|"Penza region"||10 million|
|"The Republic of Ingushetia"||10 million|
|"Stary Oskol"||10 million|
|"The entry of Crimea into the Russian Federation"||10 million|
Where to get the “tens” coins?
The "top ten" can be obtained in the market or in the store in the form of ordinary change. After all, these banknotes are in free use. However, if you want to collect a complete series, then you should not rely on one luck. In this case, specialized online stores or the numismatist associations of your city will help you find the right coin.
And, of course, it is much more pleasant for the collector to get not a shabby, time-consuming specimen, but a beautiful and clean coin in a plastic case (in a "bag", as numismatists say).
There are also special albums for storing collectibles. They have already signed holes for all coins from each series. The indescribable pleasure of a real numismatist will be the process of placing a new copy of the collection in such an album.
10-ruble jubilee coins began to be issued by the Central Bank of the Russian Federation only at the very beginning of the XXI century. These beautiful banknotes will definitely become a worthy decoration of any numismatic collection. We hope that our article helped you understand the full variety of these coins.