To the best of long nails always look feminine and neat, however, it is not always possible to grow your own to the right size. Sometimes even expensive reinforcing agents are not able to fix the situation, then building technologies come to the rescue, which have not lost their popularity among girls and women for years. A step-by-step gel nail extension is the simplest and highest-quality option to quickly put your nails in order, immediately make a beautiful manicure and not be shy of your hands.
What features does the extension procedure have?
This technology is based on the use of a polymer coating, which becomes hard under ultraviolet rays. If you turned to a worthy master, then you can not worry about the safety of your pens and health. Quality materials do not cause allergies, and extended nails look exactly the same as real ones. The advantage of the procedure is also that in time it is not long, it passes painlessly, and if you train, then you can carry out it yourself without any problems. All that is required of you is to buy all the necessary materials and tools, build up a nail plate and systematically adjust new nails.
Do not forget that the extended nails must be properly looked after. And the phased technology of gel nail extension is not such a complicated procedure as it might seem at first glance.
What gels exist?
Step-by-step gel nail extension on the forms is carried out in two main ways. Usually with one or three phases. For each of them, a specific composition is intended, which is used in the gel nail extension technique in stages:
- For beginners in building, a single-phase thin coating is perfect. It contains three layers and has a liquid structure.
- Professionals use a three-phase material, it consists of a base, sculptural and protective layer.
- In order to hide the imperfections of your own nail plate, a camouflage polymer is used for sculptural modeling.
- There is also gel chewing gum, such material is used in the process of lengthening its own plate. It resembles plasticine gel, and manicurists use it to create a multi-colored stained glass manicure.
- Resin is not the last in terms of strength and price, respectively - this is also one of the varieties of modeling material.
- An auxiliary technique uses material such as a fiber glass.
From varieties of gels eyes just run up so as not to make a mistake with the choice, it is better to use already proven options. High-quality materials are the key to success in building. The following gel brands are most often used in the nail industry: Nubar, Ezflow, CNI, Global.
How to make gel nail extensions in stages? In total, there are two technologies: on tips and on forms. They can be carried out in a single-phase, two-phase and three-phase way. Usually the right to choose a method is given to the client, and is also based on the condition of the nails. Whichever method is chosen, the nails will still need to be corrected, since when growing, the difference between the natural and polymer nail plate is too noticeable. It does not look very aesthetically pleasing. What is each of the ways of phased gel nail extension intended for?
- Three-phase method - for professional manicure. It is carried out, as we already know, in three stages (base, sculpting, defense).
- The two-phase method is the basis and the modeling polymer, that is, the technology involves two layers (the most popular method).
- The single-phase method is considered universal, since gel is used for its implementation, which immediately performs the functions of both the base and sculpting and protection. Ideal for those who only comprehend the basics of phased nail extensions at home.
Extension usually happens on tips and on forms, now it remains to figure out what these methods are.
What are tips?
Fixed tips are ready-made artificial plates that attach to natural nails, after which they are treated with gel for fixation. Typically, this method is used if the extension takes place on a short nail, or if its own plate has an irregular shape.
The procedure can also be performed from one to three phases. It includes the following steps: to begin with, the hands are prepared for extension, then the fixed tips are glued, the length and shape of future nails are modeled, the nails are gelled and manicured directly using a variety of colors and accessories.
How is the buildup on forms?
This method is suitable for owners of their long nails. This technology involves the use of a stencil that is applied to the native nail, then covered with a layer of gel and solidifies. It turns out that this technology extends the nail plate without the use of artificial pads. The procedure can also be carried out in one or several phases. Step-by-step extension takes place as follows: the nails are prepared for the procedure, they need to be filed, degreased and matted, then a stencil is applied, which is processed with gel and solidifies after a while. The mold is removed, the artificial coating is processed, and you can proceed to the design of the nails.
What will be needed for building up?
It does not matter, professional building or home to conduct the procedure qualitatively, the set of materials and tools should be as follows:
- An ultraviolet lamp, under the rays of which the gel will harden.
- The gel itself. Ideally, it is recommended to purchase a universal or three-phase, with a base, a sculptor and protection.
- Depending on the technology, the extension is tips or forms.
- For tips need glue.
- Do not forget about the nail files for both natural and extended nails.
- Guillotine for tips.
- Polishing and manicure brushes.
- Any disinfector, towel.
This set is considered basic, and it is enough for both professional and home building. You can learn to build your nails yourself. And if you purchase high-quality materials and practice, then you can forget about going to salons.
If you have already stocked up with all the necessary materials, you can begin to master the step-by-step procedure of gel nail extension (see the article for the photo of the results). A step-by-step instruction will help in this. Using it, it is easy to perform gel nail extension in stages (for beginners as well):
- First, you must treat your hands with an antiseptic, if you are building someone, then disinfect both your hands and the hands of the client.
- Prepare the nail plate for the next procedure. To do this, use a special spatula to move the cuticle. A matting agent is used to get rid of the gloss on the nails. The final processing step is the degreasing of the plate.
- The next step depends on the technology you choose. This can be gluing tips on a special glue or fixing the form. This procedure is carried out separately for each finger.
- Now it's time for the gel. The required number of gel layers is applied to each nail plate, after each application the nails are lowered into the lamp so that the gel hardens. Such manipulation is carried out with each nail.
- Now you can start creating the desired shape. Everything that is superfluous is removed with a nail file and a napkin, the length and shape of the already extended plates are adjusted.
The extension is completed, now you can give free rein to imagination and come up with absolutely any design for brand new nails.
Advantages and disadvantages of the procedure
Whatever the pros and cons of building, this is in any case the most modern and safe way to quickly bring your nails in proper form. So, the advantages of gel nail extension (step by step at home, this procedure can be performed by every woman after reading the instructions) are as follows:
- First of all, it doesn’t take much time.
- The gel hardens under ultraviolet rays in the lamp and does not cause any allergic reaction.
- After completion of the extension, the nails look neat and natural.
- The extended nails are worn for a long time, do not violate the structure of the nail plate.
- The gel has no unpleasant odor.
A number of drawbacks should also be noted: firstly, the nails will have to be constantly adjusted when the nail plate grows, the artificial nail can break, it is not so durable. But this minus can be translated into a plus, because your nails also break. In this case, the extensions can be restored and give them an aesthetic appearance, and if the native breaks, you will have to say goodbye to all nails and cut the length. Also, the procedure can not be called cheap.
How to care for your nails
The main reason for turning to nail extensions is the desire to bring your hands in a decent look so that they look neat. But for this, the procedure alone is not enough, you need to properly care for the nails. There are several tips that you need to take note of for lovers of extended nails:
- Nowhere without correction at least once a month.
- Marigolds will have to be protected from direct strokes, gently use clasps, pins, buttons, etc.
- Forget about metal nail files, only finely abrasive tools.
- Before manicure, always use a special base for varnish.
- An overgrown cuticle is best removed with oil or other soft special means. Also, varnishes and liquid used to remove them should not contain acetone.
- Wear rubber gloves during cleaning to protect your nails.
- Also hot air and the same water are enemies.
If you follow these simple rules, you can permanently preserve the beauty and health of nails.